Man in Texas killed trying to pick up kids from ex-wife

Jive Turkey

5 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Told to leave, threatens the guy, and tries to grab the gun. He played with fire and got burned.

He was an absolute coward and so are you if it takes a gun for you to solve that particular dilemma.  You don’t get to claim self defense in a situation that you created through your own escalation. If a cop did that you’d be trashing them for it. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

He was an absolute coward and so are you if it takes a gun for you to solve that particular dilemma.  You don’t get to claim self defense in a situation that you created through your own escalation. If a cop did that you’d be trashing them for it. 

Apparently, you do. At least in some places. 

Did I miss a meeting?  When did "I point gun at you, you try to take gun, I kill you, I claim self defense" become such a ubiquitous thing?  If there's no way to flee without turning your back, and you're at very close range, isn't the next human instinct to grab the gun?  This shit doesn't happen with knives where you can easily flee.  How can you whine "self-defense" if you pointed the fucking thing at me first?  I understand it more on your property/at your residence to be sure though.  

All these open carry states, you don't hear of criminal trials of people just walking and grabbing holstered weapons from citizens and one of them ending up dead.  People only start to grab at guns once they're pointed at their skulls.  Our species is funny like that.   

back when you had to take a chl class, the instructor was pretty damn clear - you do not escalate, you walk away as fast as you can. DO NOT ESCALATE BY FLASHING A WEAPON

that murderer did everything wrong by the book. call the cops, wait inside 

That’s in public. Obviously, it’s a different ball game on your place/place you have control of.

Also, you don’t have to retreat in Texas.
  • Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

That’s in public. Obviously, it’s a different ball game on your place/place you have control of.

theyre both murder. The shooter had many opportunities to move to an extremely safe position. He chose to escalate and chose to murder someone 

• Hook 'Em 2

theyre both murder. The shooter had many opportunities to move to an extremely safe position. He chose to escalate and chose to murder someone 

State sanctioned murder, because of a death cult’s alignment with a private industry.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886zrl06edwqz83u4v1dy

right, because at your home, where your loved ones live, THAT'S the appropriate place to go ahead and escalate an argument by introducing a gun into the mix, followed by shooting live rounds back towards your house. 

why is it that gun nuts are always the last people who should ever be allowed to arm themselves? jumpy, aggressive idiots, just looking for a reason to use those guns they collect. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886zrl06edwqz83u4v1dy

right, because at your home, where your loved ones live, THAT'S the appropriate place to go ahead and escalate an argument by introducing a gun into the mix, followed by shooting live rounds back towards your house. 

why is it that gun nuts are always the last people who should ever be allowed to arm themselves? 

Yeah i don't understand why he gets to do that and claim he's defending his property or whatever. The guy wasn't trespassing for no reason, he was there to get the kid and had every right to be there.

But god forbid you suggest that this nutjob shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm. Doing such makes you anti-america and anti-freedom, according to the people who run this state. Sucks that we can't just be reasonable about it. Fucking nutters.

16 hours ago, Lobo said:

Did I miss a meeting?  When did "I point gun at you, you try to take gun, I kill you, I claim self defense" become such a ubiquitous thing?  If there's no way to flee without turning your back, and you're at very close range, isn't the next human instinct to grab the gun?  This shit doesn't happen with knives where you can easily flee.  How can you whine "self-defense" if you pointed the fucking thing at me first?  I understand it more on your property/at your residence to be sure though.  

All these open carry states, you don't hear of criminal trials of people just walking and grabbing holstered weapons from citizens and one of them ending up dead.  People only start to grab at guns once they're pointed at their skulls.  Our species is funny like that.   

Some people just truly need to get their ass kicked and not sue for assault in return.  The days where problems were solved with fists, and the results respected, were much more clear than now. Bunch of pussies running around these days.  

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 1/10/2022 at 8:23 AM, Lobo said:

I thought the Wookie home planet, although devastated by the Empire, was still in tact...as in they didn't blow it up?  

I think that was Chewie's old adage though, "I live on the greatest planet in the Galaxy, but I need to constantly be packing because it's the most dangerous place ever." 

Han eventually appropriated it simply as, "nothing like a good blaster at your side, kid."  

Still Chewie's juxtaposition raises a good point. 

He’s parsing words. Yeah, he’s not actively packing a gun, but that laser crossbow otoh…..

9 hours ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

Some very bad actors in this play. At first sign of a gun the dad should have put his hands up and backed away. Then if he were shot, there would be no justification at all. Trying to disarm the shooter gave him the excuse he needed to do what he was probably hoping to do. Stupid prizes and shit.

Still seems like bullshit to me. The guy bringing a gun out and brandishing at the victim is absolutely a threat of violence. The victim had a legal right to be there to get his kid, and I think it's pants on head absurd that just because the victim tried to defend himself you turn your brain off and side with the shooter.

I have no doubt the DA spiked the case. Gotta get reelected and all that.

Brandishing a gun at someone doesn't justify you using it against them when they defend themselves.

Still seems like bullshit to me. The guy bringing a gun out and brandishing at the victim is absolutely a threat of violence. The victim had a legal right to be there to get his kid, and I think it's pants on head absurd that just because the victim tried to defend himself you turn your brain off and side with the shooter.
Brandishing a gun at someone doesn't justify you using it against them when they defend themselves.

The DA recused so it was Paxton’s office in charge of presenting the case but yeah, they spiked it.

Once he was told to leave the property, he didn’t have a right to be there.

Just stupidity all around.

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

Once he was told to leave the property, he didn’t have a right to be there.

Just stupidity all around.

IMO, getting between a parent and their kid like that and instigating, and then introducing a gun, and then shooting said parent you're keeping away from their kid... Hiding being mUh PrOpErTy RiGhTs is pretty chicken shit. 

Stupidity all around, but somehow we as a society only reward the violent AND stupid people. Good job, everyone.

50 minutes ago, Captainant said:

IMO, getting between a parent and their kid like that and instigating, and then introducing a gun, and then shooting said parent you're keeping away from their kid... Hiding being mUh PrOpErTy RiGhTs is pretty chicken shit. 

Stupidity all around, but somehow we as a society only reward the violent AND stupid people. Good job, everyone.

The kid wasn't there. 

44 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

The kid wasn't there. 

As was covered in the earlier pages, that was the agreed upon place for him to pick up his kid and the ex and shooter were breaking the court agreement refusing to hand the kid over. Luring him there with the promise of his kid only to taunt him, brandish a firearm at him, and then shoot him sure seems like at least manslaughter and not an ideal outcome.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2