Jump to content

ESPN Bowl Pick Em 2021 - Confidence Points $20


joeycovers
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Not that it makes a whit of difference to me or the boy at this point, but what's the deal with the Sun Bowl? Just a "this didn't really happen" classification? 

And what's the deal with the various negative points for certain entries for the canceled games? 

 

Screenshot_20211231-120849_Chrome.jpg

Just logged on to ask the same question.  One can still pick the Rutgers/Wake game despite aggy being replaced, but the Wash St game is not available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was in good shape if ND, Utah, Ole Miss all won. All coulda/woulda/shoulda but none did. I would like this contest more if your picks all locked, or you got, say, 3 edits after the first game, in case of injury/opt out/etc.  I don't like the "swap picks to fire Hail Mary upsets since behind" aspect. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

I would like this contest more if your picks all locked, or you got, say, 3 edits after the first game, in case of injury/opt out/etc.  I don't like the "swap picks to fire Hail Mary upsets since behind" aspect. 

I agree that locking things would make the game a little better. 

I'm still not clear how the various cancelations were handled, but it doesn't make any difference to our entries. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2022 at 12:06 PM, TXSooner518 said:

I was in good shape if ND, Utah, Ole Miss all won. All coulda/woulda/shoulda but none did. I would like this contest more if your picks all locked, or you got, say, 3 edits after the first game, in case of injury/opt out/etc.  I don't like the "swap picks to fire Hail Mary upsets since behind" aspect. 

Agree.  If memory serves, I lost out on first place about 5 years ago per this same scenario.  I was in 1st (I think) and picked Bama to beat Clemson as they were expected to do (yeah, I know).  Places 4th - 6th picked Clemson, who won on the last play.

Oh well.  Still fun, and I'll play every year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Agree.  If memory serves, I lost out on first place about 5 years ago per this same scenario.  I was in 1st (I think) and picked Bama to beat Clemson as they were expected to do (yeah, I know).  Places 4th - 6th picked Clemson, who won on the last play.

Oh well.  Still fun, and I'll play every year.

That was the year I won. IIRC, if had I picked Bama and they won I would have finished 2nd. If Clemson lost, no money for me. Prior to the game, we compared the choice to the Battle of Wits in Princess Bride. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

That was the year I won. IIRC, if had I picked Bama and they won I would have finished 2nd. If Clemson lost, no money for me. Prior to the game, we compared the choice to the Battle of Wits in Princess Bride. 

You're prob right.  My memory of the specifics is very hazy except for one thing.  I distinctly recall throwing a fit over a game I normally would not have cared much about, due to the lost "revenue".  :)

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Assuming everybody paid, 1st place is locked up but there are 4 teams still in the running for a payout, including myself and all my tacos. Player, HornPhD, and stevo...y'all wanna share your last pick and engage in another battle of wits? If I can be believed, I've got Bama selected right now.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Assuming everybody paid, 1st place is locked up but there are 4 teams still in the running for a payout, including myself and all my tacos. Player, HornPhD, and stevo...y'all wanna share your last pick and engage in another battle of wits? If I can be believed, I've got Bama selected right now.

What does picking the underdog say about you? Hmm…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2022 at 12:07 PM, SquishMitten said:

Assuming everybody paid, 1st place is locked up but there are 4 teams still in the running for a payout, including myself and all my tacos. Player, HornPhD, and stevo...y'all wanna share your last pick and engage in another battle of wits? If I can be believed, I've got Bama selected right now.

Inconceivable! 

And how does stevo finish in the money if his max points are 502 and there are 3 entries that already have more points than that? 

tumblr_inline_mrv6jpFor91qz4rgp.gif

I mean he might be imagining some scenario where this happens with you, me, and PhD, but I think stevo is still like Mr. Orange over there, just laying around waiting to die. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Player said:

Inconceivable! 

And how does stevo finish in the money if his max points are 502 and there are 3 entries that already have more points than that? 

tumblr_inline_mrv6jpFor91qz4rgp.gif

I mean he might be imagining some scenario where this happens with you, me, and PhD, but I think stevo is still like Mr. Orange over there, just laying around waiting to die. 

Dyslexia?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2022 at 12:06 PM, TXSooner518 said:

I was in good shape if ND, Utah, Ole Miss all won. All coulda/woulda/shoulda but none did. I would like this contest more if your picks all locked, or you got, say, 3 edits after the first game, in case of injury/opt out/etc.  I don't like the "swap picks to fire Hail Mary upsets since behind" aspect. 

my favorite part about this contest is being able to move teams around all the way up until they kickoff.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2022 at 6:40 PM, BigOrange1 said:

my favorite part about this contest is being able to move teams around all the way up until they kickoff.

Yeah it's really the only one of these contests where you can do that. Not like MM where you can basically be completely fucked on day one and not be able to do anything about it. It keeps it exciting and engaging all the way to the end. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Inconceivable! 
And how does stevo finish in the money if his max points are 502 and there are 3 entries that already have more points than that? 
tumblr_inline_mrv6jpFor91qz4rgp.gif
I mean he might be imagining some scenario where this happens with you, me, and PhD, but I think stevo is still like Mr. Orange over there, just laying around waiting to die. 

I was told there would be no math. I guess I looked at his ability to jump me and equated that to a money spot.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, joeycovers said:

Just want to confirm everyone is paid out. Looking forward to next year. Thanks all 

 

Ill run a season contest next year as well as the bowl one. 

I'm really bad about seeing these threads too late.  If you can remember, bump this thread before next season and I'll be in for the season contest.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...