ztejas

1 minute ago, Iguana said:

Duncanville
23    Omari Abor    Senior    DL
56    Cameron Williams    Senior    OL

North Shore
3    Denver Harris    Senior    DB
97    Kris Ross    Senior    DL

Oh shit. Wasn't thinking about how many Texas signees are in this one. 

I'm sure this has already been explained a million times here... can someone tell me why SLC played Westlake last year but they're in different divisions this year? Doesn't it have to do with the centex teams winding up in different divisions depending on year? 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I'm sure this has already been explained a million times here... can someone tell me why SLC played Westlake last year but they're in different divisions this year? Doesn't it have to do with the centex teams winding up in different divisions depending on year? 

It’s all about what teams make it from each district in the playoffs, and their enrollment numbers. Top 2 high enrollments, go D1, lower 2 go D2. Doesn’t matter the position of finish.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hawndoh said:

I thought the division you are placed in is dependent on enrollment size of the schools in your district that make the playoffs. That's why schools can bounce between div 1 and 2 from year to year.

Not sure if it still works like that.

It’s exactly like that.

4 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

It’s all about what teams make it from each district in the playoffs, and their enrollment numbers. Top 2 high enrollments, go D1, lower 2 go D2. Doesn’t matter the position of finish.

Thanks - so it isn't district specific it just works like that for everyone. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Correct. If you are the largest enrollment in the district, you pretty much know you are D1 every year, but other than that, it completely depends on the 4 teams each year that make the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Same method is used in every single district 6A to 1A in the state. Four teams make the playoffs -- the two largest enrollment schools that make it go into the D-1 bracket, the two smallest go into the D-2 bracket. Here are the enrollment numbers being used for the last two years, including 2021. They've been updated for 2022-2024.

https://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/20_22_Rank_1_31.pdf

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DCLonghorn said:

Thank you Hozz!

Also, if you have any creds for LHN from friends or family, try them on the Bally's App/website. Worked for me.

Yeah - that's what I'm doing. Their website actually isn't that bad. I remember trying to do this in the past for Spurs games and it wasn't an option. Looks like they've redone it. 

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Same method is used in every single district 6A to 1A in the state. Four teams make the playoffs -- the two largest enrollment schools that make it go into the D-1 bracket, the two smallest go into the D-2 bracket. Here are the enrollment numbers being used for the last two years, including 2021. They've been updated for 2022-2024.

Dear God RR is shitty at everything for their enrollment. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Dear God RR is shitty at everything for their enrollment. 

Strange that Converse Judson's enrollment is only 2504 or something on this. Judson was always one of the largest 5A (now 6A) schools in the state. They had two campuses, one for grades 12/11 and another for 10/9.

2 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

I would watch but it’s blacked out on DirectTV Stream for some reason.

Maybe try logging in to your stream account on the Bally website?

Nice drive here by DVille. That pass and catch to get the first first down was sweet. 

And that's a Charmin PI call. 

Edited by ztejas

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

When did UIL go to the 4 teams per district playoff model? My senior year of high school (1995) was the last year of the 2 teams per district model, but they only upped it to 3 teams the following year.