Just because it showed up on my Youtube - Barry Sanders' top 50 runs

52-80

7 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I’ll go ahead and claim GDub misremembering status on that.  We all know Herman Moore was one of the better receivers in the league.  Guess I was thinking about that ‘95 season when he had almost 1700 yards and Perriman had just under 1500 yards and was thinking 3 had over 1000 when it was 2 that combined for over 3000, which was a feat in itself in that day.   But yeah, that’s my bad.   Anywho, there were some damn solid players and a few great ones on those early to mid 90’s Lions teams.   They just never got shit done.   

On 12/25/2021 at 6:20 PM, Brothahorn said:

About Detroit: How crazy is that they've had 2 all world players just quit? Not go to another team but just gave up football. Playing/living in Detroit really destroys your soul.

I don't think it has anything to do with the living part as both Barry and Mega both still live in Detroit.... 

On 12/25/2021 at 10:30 PM, Trey3216 said:

I’ll go ahead and claim GDub misremembering status on that.  We all know Herman Moore was one of the better receivers in the league.  Guess I was thinking about that ‘95 season when he had almost 1700 yards and Perriman had just under 1500 yards and was thinking 3 had over 1000 when it was 2 that combined for over 3000, which was a feat in itself in that day.   But yeah, that’s my bad.   Anywho, there were some damn solid players and a few great ones on those early to mid 90’s Lions teams.   They just never got shit done.   

There actually was a team in 1995 that featured 3 1,000 yard WR’s in a season and it actually was a DSWM offense, but that was Atlanta with Metcalf, Emanuel and Mathis. 

Anyways, Moore/Perriman from 95-96 was a fleeting flirtation with success in the passing game. Overall, their passing game was ass over the entire span of Barry’s career, and it was especially upsetting considering the nature of their passing game in the early years.

As far as the OL was concerned, to address a previous point, yeah Brown was great and Glover was serviceable but those other 3 positions were occupied by total chumps. When you’ve got bad QB play, bad WR play and overall bad OL play, you’re gonna have a back that’s constantly trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, which is why they only had one truly great season, and that was 1991.

2 hours ago, Juicy said:

I don't think it has anything to do with the living part as both Barry and Mega both still live in Detroit.... 

yep. They always said they absolutely loved the fans and loved the city. It’s just that organization is shit and it’s been shit for a very long time. In fact, none of us have been alive during a period where their organization wasn’t shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hpslugga said:

yep. They always said they absolutely loved the fans and loved the city. It’s just that organization is shit and it’s been shit for a very long time. In fact, none of us have been alive during a period where their organization wasn’t shit.

The Ford family doesn't get enough credit for being one of the most toxic ownerships in sports. Meddling, and handcuffing the staff at every opportunity. 

On 12/25/2021 at 11:30 PM, Trey3216 said:

Johnnie Morton joined the 1,000 yard club a year later I think. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Somebody can correct me if Im wrong, but I recall a special on Sanders a long time ago.  Switzer was getting ready for Bedlam and told his staff that if Thurman Thomas went down and Sanders got to play, they (sooners) were in big trouble. 

Yeah, he told the defenders to not hurt Thurman because then Barry would get in the game and run wild.

3 hours ago, Juicy said:

they also seem down-to-earth and beloved by the city, and with their money can have a comfortable living anywhere, so why leave

On 12/25/2021 at 9:31 PM, Trey3216 said:

The Lions had several seasons in a row with 2 1000 yard receivers and had one with 3 1000 yard receivers, plus Barry.   And people always shit on their line but forget that Lomas Brown was one of the best to velvet play the game.  

Kevin Glover was also a pretty damn good Pro-Bowl center.

• Like 1

I quickly looked over some Lions stats during Barrys tenure. Only in 95 and 97 did they gain more than they gave up. In 97, Barry had over 2,000 yards. In 94, they lost the wildcard with Barry carrying 13 times for negative 1 yard.

Offense, defense they’re pretty much just the Lions. Not very good.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...