AFC Wildcard: Raiders @ Bengals, NBC

shadow_operative2.0

Inadvertent Whistle When an official sounds their whistle inadvertently the team in possession may elect to accept the result of the play up to the whistle or replay the down. If it occurs during a legal forward pass the ball is returned to the previous spot and the down is replayed.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Inadvertent Whistle When an official sounds their whistle inadvertently the team in possession may elect to accept the result of the play up to the whistle or replay the down. If it occurs during a legal forward pass the ball is returned to the previous spot and the down is replayed.

I didn't even know this was a rule. That fucking sucks

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

It doesn't matter, the rules say it should not have been a TD.

Yes but the end result was more just than taking away the TD.  The whistle came after the ball was already headed to a receiver with no one close enough to him to make a play.  I wouldn't say the Raiders got screwed.  At most they could have been bailed out but weren't.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MIkeHoncho said:

shocking.  refs not calling OPI against the Bengals and giving TD on plays that have whistles blowing in the middle of them.  NFL wants Burrow vs. Mahomes.  

People love conspiracies but the truth is most of these refs are just incompetent. I’ll never understand why we have so many old, fat fucks deciding these things. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yes but the end result was more just than taking away the TD.  The whistle came after the ball was already headed to a receiver with no one close enough to him to make a play.  I wouldn't say the Raiders got screwed.  At most they could have been bailed out but weren't.

It's almost as if nothing you just said matters and the play should have been ruled not a touchdown, by rule. 

And you can absolutely see #25 stop trying to defend when he hears it, thats why its the fucking rule.

Edited by Pam Cummings

9 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's almost as if nothing you just said matters and the play should have been ruled not a touchdown, by rule. 

And you can absolutely see #25 stop trying to defend when he hears it, thats why its the fucking rule.

Everyone can read the rule and what should have happened.  I take issue with your claim that the raiders were fucked hard.  Two wrongs made a right.

Edited by WBT

14 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

[1.] It's almost as if nothing you just said matters and the play should have been ruled not a touchdown, by rule.

[2.] And you can absolutely see #25 stop trying to defend when he hears it, thats why its the fucking rule.

[1.] It should’ve been but it wasn’t. And the whistle never should’ve been blown. Without the errant whistle it’s an easy TD call.

[2.] Bullshit. The whistle was blown a split second before the ball was caught, well after it left Burrow’s hand. No defender had time to let up or “stop trying to defend” or alter their play in any way between the time the whistle was blown and the ball was caught. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

[1.] It should’ve been but it wasn’t. And the whistle never should’ve been blown. Without the errant whistle error it’s an easy TD call.

[2.] Bullshit. The whistle was blown a split second before the ball was caught, well after it left Burrow’s hand. No defender had time to let up or “stop trying to defend” or alter their play in any way between the time the whistle was blown and the ball was caught. 

He easily could have tried to hit the receiver and jar the ball loose and didn't....hmmmm i wonder why, oh yeah because some asshole blew the fucking whistle and he didn't wanna cost his team with a bad hit.

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

He easily could have tried to hit the receiver and jar the ball loose and didn't....hmmmm i wonder why, oh yeah because some asshole blew the fucking whistle and he didn't wanna cost his team with a bad hit.

He wasn’t close enough even before the whistle blew. 

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He wasn’t close enough even before the whistle blew. 

Whistle was blown at this exact moment. Do you even NFL bro? That's more than enough time for the defense to hear it and react, affecting the play. The defender was well within reach of the receiver.

Screenshot_20220115-173157_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Pam Cummings