2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure who is handling strength and conditioning, but this team is not developed right either... 

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

is that a thing in softball?

Very much so.    Not sure there has been a dedicated strength/performance coach for softball,  but it would help.  Melissa Schmitz, below, has the duty along with Golf and Cross Country so her plate is full.     Lance Sewell at one time did both baseball and softball.  He did a great job and was well liked.   Pierce may not want to share the baseball person.

It is very important for flexibility and proper strength training and most importantly nutrition.     Some of the players look like they have added bad weight and lost flexibility and speed.

https://texassports.com/sports/softball/roster/staff/melissa-schmitz/68

4 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

It is definitely a thing. My guess is that there is some sort of divide between the younger and older players. The super seniors seem checked out, and if true, it’s gonna be a long season.

Def something to this. And the young players are watching Mike fail to hold the older ones accountable for playing like shit 

13 minutes ago, torre said:
10 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

It is definitely a thing. My guess is that there is some sort of divide between the younger and older players. The super seniors seem checked out, and if true, it’s gonna be a long season.

It is very important for flexibility and proper strength training and most importantly nutrition.     Some of the players look like they have added bad weight and lost flexibility and speed.

This team was not ready for this early season gauntlet.  Mike White, his staff, and these players are all to blame.

It's a shame the older players aren't locked in either...  

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

Last year White stated the team did not know each other well and could not bond with off field activities because of Covid.    This year is no excuse.    

And as someone mentioned above,  there seems to a void in leadership.   Iakopo, Jennae, Burke, and Parker just don't have that personality.

This is where we miss you know who, now at Ok St. 

I watched this team all day yesterday. I have been around softball for 20 years and when I say they don’t seem to be a close knit bunch, I mean it. The team traveled around the park in small pods…I have never seen that before. There is zero emotion in the dug out, which is crazy in softball. No cheering, no picking each other up, nothing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1