2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I watched this team all day yesterday. I have been around softball for 20 years and when I say they don’t seem to be a close knit bunch, I mean it. The team traveled around the park in small pods…I have never seen that before. There is zero emotion in the dug out, which is crazy in softball. No cheering, no picking each other up, nothing.

Cliques. Divided locker room. Bad culture 

11 minutes ago, torre said:

Last year White stated the team did not know each other well and could not bond with off field activities because of Covid.    This year is no excuse.    

And as someone mentioned above,  there seems to a void in leadership.   Iakopo, Jennae, Burke, and Parker just don't have that personality.

This is where we miss you know who, now at Ok St. 

maybe “you know who at Ok St.” wasn’t the problem after all.

17 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I watched this team all day yesterday. I have been around softball for 20 years and when I say they don’t seem to be a close knit bunch, I mean it. The team traveled around the park in small pods…I have never seen that before. There is zero emotion in the dug out, which is crazy in softball. No cheering, no picking each other up, nothing.

Thx for the live perspective -- sorry you paid to watch this SHIT-FEST

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Mike’s next press availability will be a doozy. You can’t fix culture in a couple weeks, short of purging your roster of the malcontents. Sitting down will lead to destructive behavior.  It’s fucked 

Practice them hard, and look to play younger and higher energy folks whenever possible.  Substitute more too so lots of playing time for entire roster.  Nobody has proved they should play a lot, so fuck it try to keep everyone playing till success happens...  

If you practice terribly, you don't start.  If you have to cut an older player, do it ASAP... 

Soft Mike is gone -- 

Edited by LTtxfan

The new “passive” Mike is a failed experiment. He needs to work on getting this team’s chemistry built because right now it’s a bunch of cliques who don’t care about 80% of the other players on the squad. Maybe they should bring back CC’s triathlon or something idk something to build TEAM chemistry 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

The new “passive” Mike is a failed experiment. He needs to work on getting this team’s chemistry built because right now it’s a bunch of cliques who don’t care about 80% of the other players on the squad. Maybe they should bring back CC’s triathlon or something idk something to build TEAM chemistry 

Does Bellmont have any leftover NAVY Seal Groupons from Shaka?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I might have to guess that bringing half a lineup from UO was pretty destructive from a culture perspective.

It seems like most or all of those "jealous" of the UO players would be gone now, but it might have had a weird effect on the UO players, too.

I think that would have manifested early on in his tenure. The Oregon gals are half gone now and so are many of the Texas players on the roster when they joined.

I think White and the super seniors have checked out. This has bled down to the freshman and no one really gives a shit. At least that’s what it looks like to outsiders. 

9 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

We don’t have any studs, that’s the true issue. You need some alphas in any sport, we ain’t got ‘em. 

Well the ESPN softball announcers in Florida constantly stated how talented this current Texas team is.  Softball America agreed that Texas is talented by ranking them #11 before this weekend.  But this weekend, this Texas team has played no where close to the level of that "so called talent".

Mike White has really shit the bed with this team so far this season.  Longer term, I'm not sure he's the right coach for Texas.  The pitching is no where near the level it needs to be to compete with blOU or okie lite.  The defense is a JOKE for a D1 program like Texas.  And White's roster is not constructed right with too many big, slow, clunky players that lack athleticism.  Playing terrible defense behind a pitching staff that pitches to contact will just continue to amplify how horribly assembled this current roster is.

It really sucks to see this shitshow so far this season -- what a major fuckup for this softball program...

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Amazing. As bad a meltdown as when Aston’s entire recruiting class transferred out after 1 year. 

Gonna be interesting to see what Mike White does with this team the rest of this year.

Hoping this total collapse is a good thing -- make changes and play more younger players... 

Also hoping the pitching and defense improves as the season moves along.