2022 Texas Softball - Locked and Loaded

Js1

8 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

It's hard to believe White still has to have O'Leary be his lead pitcher.  She's never been great and should have already been recruited over.

White having pitching this bad is a huge red flag.  

Yep.  Of all of our woes, the pitching meltdown is the most puzzling and troubling.  

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Notre Dame defeats Texas    9-2   Final

Texas goes 0-5 in this Florida tournament...

Just amazing. This team will miss the tournament and I don’t think Mike comes back?  2023 is the end of his initial 5 year contract

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

How many Millions would we need to throw at Gasso to get her here?

Not happening. She’s going to walk away eventually for her son to take over 

If we have to move on from Mike, I’d rather it not be a new coach in year 1 of the SEC

Edited by Js1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Just amazing. This team will miss the tournament and I don’t think Mike comes back?  2023 is the end of his initial 5 year contract

Might be perfect timing...  so tired of the bad defense, poor pitching, and lack of athletes on this roster.

Just now, LTtxfan said:

giphy.gif

The collapse would be sad if we weren’t doing things like 7 errors in a game. It’s comical how bad we are right now. It’s not like tough luck losses - it’s pure incompetence and zero fucks given. 

• Rage+1 1

Yeah, not happy with how Mike White has constructed his roster especially the pitching and defense.  And the comments about these older players and team chemistry seem on the mark.

Texas Softball should be so much better than this SHIT !!!

Had high hopes when we hired Mike White -- COVID ruined a great shot for a run at a national championship for Texas.   But watching last season, and now this 2022 shitshow may be the handwriting on the wall that a new head coach is needed.

If a really shitty 2022 season is the only way Mike White is gone, then I'll endure a terrible season.

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, FloridaHorn said:

I like Mike White and he didn’t suddenly forget how to coach. This is a player problem, and he will have to figure out who those problems are and deal with them. That being said, the next coach of Texas should be Kenny G, which is who I wanted the last time we had an opening.

kenny-g.jpg?width=1500&ehk=PhVviDmW1pTj1

• Haha 1

I like Mike White and he didn’t suddenly forget how to coach. This is a player problem, and he will have to figure out who those problems are and deal with them. That being said, the next coach of Texas should be Kenny G, which is who I wanted the last time we had an opening.

I don’t know who the fuck Mike White is….but if he actually does know how to coach, and it’s all on the players this weekend, then Hello 10-40 this year

57 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Two programs going in opposite directions.

Going in?? OU has 4 titles and a runner up finish in 7 WCWS appearances since we both went to OKC in 2013 - the last time we went.  These two teams went in opposite directions after that season. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

https://www.ncaa.com/news/softball/article/2022-02-21/d1softball-top-25-rankings-florida-state-jumps-ucla-northwestern-climbs-after-week-2

As expected,  drop out of Top 25.    OU #1,  OKSt #11.     

After five consecutive defeats, and almost as many errors as runs, Texas (5-6) suffered another setback by dropping out of the Top 25 entirely. Auburn, USF and BYU join the poll this week.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/softball/article/2022-02-21/d1softball-top-25-rankings-florida-state-jumps-ucla-northwestern-climbs-after-week-2

Cold, damp weather in the ATX beginning Wednesday (low 40's mid 50's, 10mph wind),  ray of sunshine on Sunday 62 degrees.

19 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Not sure today is the best idea for a Q&A, Miss Lauren. 

5X2LiJq.jpg

Who knows how the UCF game turns out if she doesn't drop that EXTREMELY routine popup in the 2nd inning for the first out. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. 

IMO this is a huge part of the problem. Burke, Iakopo, and a few others are more worried about their instagrams and making appearances than they are about being leaders on this team. Go watch them play....more importantly show up early and watch the team warm up. They split up into small little cliques and play more grab ass than they do catch.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

IMO this is a huge part of the problem. Burke, Iakopo, and a few others are more worried about their instagrams and making appearances than they are about being leaders on this team. Go watch them play....more importantly show up early and watch the team warm up. They split up into small little cliques and play more grab ass than they do catch.

I regret that Mike may have convinced them to come back out of necessity (leadership and experience) more so than their desire to play an extra season. 

All teams start out with players that have varying degrees of drive and ambition. When a team has good chemistry and the coach does his job in the locker room, the lethargic and apathetic players either get weeded out or are lifted up by the more ambitious players. If a coach has a hands off approach, the toxic players will win out and bring the rest of the team down with them. It happens with team sports at every level. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Pardon for again visiting this subject,  just need to vent.

Channel surfing this PM, LHN had replay of McNeese game, saw and inning or two.

Sophia Simpson's first collegiate start,  Mike replaced her after 4.1 innings (6H 2R, 9K's).   When she returned to the dugout no bench players came to greet her after her first collegiate start.    2 of them slightly clapped while sitting down, no emotion, and  did not greet her as she passed.   Barrett gave her an uninspiring high five and turned away.   She then stood by a player I did not recognize and conversed.     Hang in there,  Sophia,  you are going to be a good one.

Team has issues.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, torre said:

Pardon for again visiting this subject,  just need to vent.

Channel surfing this PM, LHN had replay of McNeese game, saw and inning or two.

Sophia Simpson's first collegiate start,  Mike replaced her after 4.1 innings (6H 2R, 9K's).   When she returned to the dugout no bench players came to greet her after her first collegiate start.    2 of them slightly clapped while sitting down, no emotion, and  did not greet her as she passed.   Barrett gave her an uninspiring high five and turned away.   She then stood by a player I did not recognize and conversed.     Hang in there,  Sophia,  you are going to be a good one.

Team has issues.

Yeah going 0-5 with a ridiculous amount of errors, poor base running, and terrible pitching also are indicators of a Team with issues...

It's early in the season, and no energy or passion in playing the game -- WTF !!

Team culture is FUCKED UP !!!

4 hours ago, torre said:

Pardon for again visiting this subject,  just need to vent.  Replay of McNeese game, saw and inning or two.   Sophia Simpson's first collegiate start,  Mike replaced her after 4.1 innings (6H 2R, 9K's).   When she returned to the dugout no bench players came to greet her after her first collegiate start.    2 of them slightly clapped while sitting down, no emotion, and  did not greet her as she passed.   Barrett gave her an uninspiring high five and turned away.   She then stood by a player I did not recognize and conversed.     Hang in there,  Sophia,  you are going to be a good one.

Team has issues.

in contrast, here's our basketball players on the bench -- high energy !!!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/20/2022 at 11:56 PM, dcar00 said:

as I said before, the pitching thing is a big red flag but this guy has made either the CWS or a Super Regional every year he has been a head coach. 

I can't believe he's gonna let this thing become a complete disaster but I suppose there is that chance.

All too often, It's what coaches do when they get to Texas...

Edited by pacman