We need to talk about Scott Pruitt

Pods

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Will the new guy be as environmental as Pruitt who was clear that the main purpose of the EPA (under him) will be to encourage commercial endeavors at the expense of the environment.

He's the same.  Climate change denier.  Not even business first, but business only with little regard for environmental impact.  His only difference is that he's a big coal guy rather than a big oil guy.  Well, he's also not nearly as corrupt, but who is?  Pruitt really sets a high corruption bar.  FIFA could even take some pointers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RPM said:

I thought that was Ron White's theory. But let's go with the traditional definition for now.

I'm going with zero gay men and zero hookers.  I haven't followed the Pruitt mattress memes(?!?) though.

22 minutes ago, zork said:

I'm going with zero gay men and zero hookers. 

That's a bold stance to take on a hotel mattress. I'd have set the over/under at 100 and bet the over.

On 7/6/2018 at 10:39 AM, Biff Tannen said:

"He's a very environmental person."  lol.  Just like dotus is a very president-y person and DeVos is a very educational person.

He likes his environment   . . .  as long as it's knee-deep in hookers and gin  . . . and fountain pens and tactical pants.

Edited by TwiceHorn

On 5/25/2018 at 10:22 PM, Pods said:

Methods should be transparent and reproducible. Data should not necessarily be openly published immediately. Data takes a lot of time and money to collect. Some data has privacy restrictions and anonymized data should be used. Health data should absolutely be restricted. If the EPA bans anything using health data, that renders the EPA entirely impotent when it comes to protecting our health, which is the actual goal. 

Shouldn't all government data be openly published with respect to any climate change affecting study?  That would mean any NOAA or EPA scientist, under work grants funded by the government, should release their data, their methods, etc.  Publicly funded studies should be open to the public, fully transparent.  National defense type studies or the like I can understand would need to have some privacy restrictions.

1 hour ago, zork said:

It wasn't used.  It was new, not refurbished.

Who the fuck cares?  He used government employees on government time to help him procure a mattress, among other things.

I'm assuming you are good with that, given your defense.

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Who the fuck cares?  He used government employees on government time to help him procure a mattress, among other things.

I'm assuming you are good with that, given your defense.

He was pretty special.  Now he is gone.  My mattress from the W Hotel store is still awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Pruitt was like a mini-Trump.

All eyes were on him and his antics while EPA was gutted from within.

Meanwhile Pruitt resigns like Brer rabbit being thrown in the briar patch of a lucrative lobbying gig.

Gets replaced by somebody just as bad or worse without the over the top corruption and slimy rat face.

Gutting continues without the dangerous shinny object at the top.

brerrabbitbriar.gif