We need to talk about Scott Pruitt

Pods

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The crazy part is, Trump can plug in any other oil and gas stooge to do the same things Pruitt is doing at the EPA.  Why keep this liability around?

Trump wants Pruitt as Attorney General so he can't fire him as head of the EPA.    My guess is that Kelly and Trump have begged/threatened Pruitt to calm down.  The problem is that he looks to have misbehaved over the past 15 months.

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

A federal employee such as Ms. Hupp is prohibited from engaging in personal tasks while on the taxpayer dime.  Pruitt's tasks for her are in violation of numerous federal laws.  And our Commander and Thief is awol.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The crazy part is, Trump can plug in any other oil and gas stooge to do the same things Pruitt is doing at the EPA.  Why keep this liability around?

Because he's the boy he never had.  

I can think of only two reasons to go to that much trouble for a used mattress...

1. One of the president's Russian friends "accidentally" left behind a few hundred thousand in small, unmarked bills stuffed into the mattress for safety. 

2. There is DNA evidence on said mattress that would be... "embarrassing" to the president. 

34 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I can think of only two reasons to go to that much trouble for a used mattress...

1. One of the president's Russian friends "accidentally" left behind a few hundred thousand in small, unmarked bills stuffed into the mattress for safety. 

2. There is DNA evidence on said mattress that would be... "embarrassing" to the president. 

3.  He likes hooker piss.

An email from the  EPA outlines it's achievements under Pruitt.  An out of control agency run by far left nutjobs is now working for the people:

Elizabeth Tate Bennett
Associate Administrator for Public Engagement & Environmental Education
Office of the Administrator
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

It lists the promises and how they have been kept.

1. Withdraw From The Paris Climate Accords

2. Ensure Clean Air & Water

3. Reduce Burdensome Government Regulations

4. Repeal The So Called “Clean Power Plan”

5. Repeal The Waters of The United States Rule

6. Promote Energy Dominance

7. Promote Science Transparency

8. End Sue & Settle

9. Promote the Auto Industry

More here: https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/06/winning-an-astounding-document-from-the-epa-promises-made-promises-kept/

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

"9. Promote the Auto Industry"?

Most of the others at least touch on questions of the the environment, even if they are on the wrong side of the argument IMHO.  But #9?  How is that even remotely related to the charter of the agency?

3 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

"9. Promote the Auto Industry"?

Most of the others at least touch on questions of the the environment, even if they are on the wrong side of the argument IMHO.  But #9?  How is that even remotely related to the charter of the agency?

That's code for "allow all the emissions you want, Detroit."  

When a Democrat takes office in 2021 and appoints a new head of the EPA, he/she will instantly overturn everything Pruitt ever did.  Then, Fox News will literally be screaming about executive overreach from the EPA head.  Mark it down.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Why the used Trump hotel mattress? A lot of Pruitt’s scandals go to excessive spending on government dime. Doesn’t seem like the type to want a used mattress. Something seems really shady about that to me. 

I've been scratching my head about that as well.  I figure it's some sort of sideways suck-up to the boss.  Or maybe he just slept on one and really liked it.  But why used?  That's just gross.  

29 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Why the used Trump hotel mattress? A lot of Pruitt’s scandals go to excessive spending on government dime. Doesn’t seem like the type to want a used mattress. Something seems really shady about that to me. 

Can't imagine a used mattress sells for much so he probably overpaid for it by quite a bit.  Basically the equivalent of found money compared to what normally occurs.  

• Fuck You 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/scott-pruitt-enlisted-an-epa-aide-to-help-his-wife-find-a-job--at-chick-fil-a/2018/06/05/b798e4e4-5eac-11e8-9ee3-49d6d4814c4c_story.html?utm_term=.de7934a1e25d

Jfc.  He also used an EPA resources to find employment for his wife.

Three months after Scott Pruitt was sworn in as head of the Environmental Protection Agency, his executive scheduler emailed Dan Cathy, chairman and president of the fast food company Chick-fil-A, with an unusual request: Would Cathy meet with Pruitt to discuss “a potential business opportunity”?

A call was arranged, then canceled, and Pruitt eventually spoke with someone from the company’s legal department. Only then did he reveal the “opportunity” on his mind was a job for his wife, Marlyn.

“The subject of that phone call was an expression of interest in his wife becoming a Chick-fil-A franchisee,” company representative Carrie Kurlander told The Washington Post via email.

Marlyn Pruitt never opened a restaurant. “Administrator Pruitt’s wife started, but did not complete, the Chick-fil-A franchisee application,” Kurlander said. But the revelation that Pruitt used his official position and EPA staff to try to line up work for his wife appears to open a new chapter in the ongoing saga of his questionable spending and management decisions, which so far have spawned a dozen federal probes.

Pruitt’s efforts on his wife’s behalf — revealed in emails recently released under a Freedom of Information Act request by the Sierra Club — did not end with Chick-fil-A. Pruitt also approached the chief executive of Concordia, a New York nonprofit organization. The executive, Matthew Swift, said he ultimately paid Marlyn Pruitt $2,000 plus travel expenses to help organize the group’s annual conference last September.

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

why does he have a job? Is no one accountable for corruption anymore?

No.  There is no accountability.  The only people who are accountable are those who aren't sufficiently subservient to the cheeto.  That's the only test of accountability.  

• Like 2

Fuck anyone stupid enough to believe Donald f-Ing Trump was going to drain the swamp.  Stupid gullible fucksticks. 

How Pruitt hasn’t been canned is inconceivable, and the phony republicans won’t say shit.  Sad!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

I've been scratching my head about that as well.  I figure it's some sort of sideways suck-up to the boss.  Or maybe he just slept on one and really liked it.  But why used?  That's just gross.  

it is the strangest thing. it seems everyone in this administration trades in the absurd, but this is way out of the realm of normalcy. who wants a used mattress? yuck.

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Lol, the first promise is antithetical to the entire mission of the department.  Good work.

When the EPA was set up, it was never contemplated that it would regulate CO2.  If CO2 needs regulation, let Congress do it, or at least specifically delegate it to the EPA.   This is the type of administrative overreach that got Trump elected.   You may be in favor of regulating CO2, but nobody should like how it was accomplished. 

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

God help us.  Who could be worse?  Because that's who's getting the job.

Fortunately, I think Trump did a really good job of picking the absolute worst person for the job, I'm not sure there is anybody that could do a worse job. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lagunamadre said:

Fortunately, I think Trump did a really good job of picking the absolute worst person for the job, I'm not sure there is anybody that could do a worse job. 

You say that now, but I didn't think there could be a President worse than W.

• Like 3

On 6/5/2018 at 6:50 PM, Ted Lange said:

Fuck anyone stupid enough to believe Donald f-Ing Trump was going to drain the swamp.  Stupid gullible fucksticks. 

In fairness they are the same stupid fucks that believed Mexico was going to pay for the wall.

• Haha 1

And his aide that went looking for a mattress at the Trump hotel resigned. 

According to one top EPA official, the 26-year-old was “tired of being thrown under the bus by Pruitt,” and weary of seeing her name constantly appear in headlines about the agency. Officials began drafting her resignation paperwork on Monday morning, just after portions of her congressional testimony had been made public.

When reached by phone, Jahan Wilcox, an EPA spokesperson, would not comment. He said: “You have a great day, you’re a piece of trash.”