2022 Little League Thread of Dominance

BrazilHorn

5 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

I was talking to my dad about this. Also, they play year round. The Coach from Tennessee said his team was assembled in May. Not a lot of time to build a team. 

Congrats Hawaii. Damn good tournament run. 

Every tournament team is officially assembled in May. If the league announces a tournament team before May 15 the team is disqualified. I highly doubt May was the first time a majority of those Tennessee kids played together. 

18 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Every tournament team is officially assembled in May. If the league announces a tournament team before May 15 the team is disqualified. I highly doubt May was the first time a majority of those Tennessee kids played together. 

You are correct, just because the roster was announced in May doesn't mean the team was assembled in May. Most of these teams play year round and most probably play on the same select team in the summer and fall. The core of the All Star team is known before the first game of the regular season.

6 minutes ago, F250 said:

You are correct, just because the roster was announced in May doesn't mean the team was assembled in May. Most of these teams play year round and most probably play on the same select team in the summer and fall. The core of the All Star team is known before the first game of the regular season.

For the Williamsport teams for sure. Meanwhile my league doesn't do that so we were pumped to win district in 50/70 this spring (we didn't send a Majors team). Both our teams met in the final, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/28/2022 at 9:10 PM, Beau Vine said:

So is Hawaii so good every year because their travel ball is so much more restricted by geography than everyone else?  

Hawaii has only been recently good. Normally California dominates the West. Like Texas, California sends two teams to the regional tournament. They have a large population and two slots in the regional plus year round baseball weather. It's pretty impressive that Hawaii has been so dominating these past few years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, F250 said:

My 12th grader just walked into my office with a couple of bats and went on some long winded explanation about performance and then asked for a new Marucci CAT X composite bat. That was a long way to ask for a $500 bat.

He could have just argued that for the same price as a sugar baby he could hit more bombs.

• 1 month later...

I’m looking for a really good layout for a baseball/softball complex if anyone knows of one that they like.  Looking at 10 fields likely, 4 baseball 4 softball and 2 shared t-ball/coach pitch fields.  Also if you have time please check out my other thread as any help or advice would be much appreciated.

On 11/10/2022 at 9:33 PM, txhorns said:

I’m looking for a really good layout for a baseball/softball complex if anyone knows of one that they like.  Looking at 10 fields likely, 4 baseball 4 softball and 2 shared t-ball/coach pitch fields.  Also if you have time please check out my other thread as any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Two words:  Retractable roof

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My non professional opinion. Stay in LL until after 12yo season then find a select team. Select isn’t what it used to be. It’s now a money grab especially at younger ages. Stay in Lol get the basics/fundamentals then make the jump.

Also, playing in city little league and has a son. Your friend got started early.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, mbtex said:

I have a friend that is currently playing in his cities little league and his sons goal is to play in High School. Is it better to stay in little league or switch to select ball.

Depends on the goals of the kid and the limitations of the local little league. The issues we had with the local little league were basically the level to which they were teaching the game, the rate of development, and the lack of organized practices. My eight year old started select ball this summer. It's a huge difference in the amount of reps they get and the situational knowledge they gain. His coaches are all former minor leaguers and are in their early 20's. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...