Non Cowboys/Texans NFL ownership shit talk thread

Bateshorn

4 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Ross might be getting a lose your franchise vote if his tanking bounties investigation bears out. Deserves it. Csonka should just break him in half.

Well, I think the other owners patience with Dan Snyder might be getting Thin as well. On one hand, VA is going to build him a stadium, but I’m sure the owners would prefer he move back to the RFK site. On the other, he’s a fucking creeper, and they already ran off Jerry Richardson for that shit.

Edited by Bateshorn

38 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Stan Kroenke’s master plan to move to LA and buy a Super Bowl worked out.  Dan Snyder apparently is a little to hands on as an employer. Roger Goodell sniffs glue. 

I love shit talking the NFL owners, but I’d like to not spend the whole time focusing on Jerruh.  

Kroenke is a genius. He used a football team as a Trojan Horse to get control of the largest amount of undeveloped land inside a major metro-area in our lifetime. Seriously, he got in Inglewood (LA suburb) over 500k square feet of retail, 2,500 homes and commercial office space which is 3x the size of Disneyland.

That was the play, football was the angle to getting there.

The Rams are just a component of Kroenke’s LA empire

The team makes good money, but his real bounty comes from the entire SoFi Stadium/Hollywood Park development. Kroenke cashes in off:

Offices, apartments, and retail he owns and leases

Concerts, festivals, film shoots, and huge events like this year’s Super Bowl and potentially the 2026 World Cup

Meanwhile, economic benefits have not trickled down to Inglewood’s middle-class residents. Many have been displaced by skyrocketing rents.

SoFi may represent the future of sports. Many cities no longer want to subsidize the cost of NFL stadiums.

So Noll expects more owners to go the Kroenke route: move to the exurbs, develop apartments and retail, and build a planned community around a stadium that pays for the stadium.

Game of Homes: Washington University in St. Louis sports business professor Patrick Rishe, “a lot of professional sports ownership these days has become partly about being a real estate mogul."

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Stan Kroenke’s master plan to move to LA and buy a Super Bowl worked out. 

He also made another owner his bitch in the process. He builds a big fancy stadium and has Spanos paying him rent to borrow it a few days per year. Pretty impressive.

58 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Kroenke is a genius. He used a football team as a Trojan Horse to get control of the largest amount of undeveloped land inside a major metro-area in our lifetime. Seriously, he got in Inglewood (LA suburb) over 500k square feet of retail, 2,500 homes and commercial office space which is 3x the size of Disneyland.

This.  It was always a real estate play.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

Based on what they've done, the McCaskeys seem intent on doing the same thing Kroenke did in Inglewood, except in Arlington Heights.  

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/2021/10/28/22751455/bears-arlington-park-stadium-chicago-soldier-field-churchill-downs

This says the team is the only real asset of the family.  If that's the case, they don't have anywhere near the money to make that happen.  

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/52598/how-owners-all-32-nfl-teams-made-their-money

Really, scroll through that website.  You'd be surprised how many owners are legacy owners and how poor they are relative to new owners.  The Clippers are a good example.  Donald Sterling was a minor players in LA real estate.  He founded the team or bought it for $12 or something.  The team and a few real estate holdings were all he had.  Dude flew commercial.  Ballmer does not fly commercial.

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

Interesting take, thanks.  He won't be too sad when the Rams suck ass in a few years and the stadium is filled with opposing teams fans fresh off their trip to Disney.  SoCal fans aren't going to show up for a mediocre football product, ask USC.  

Edited by Bodhi
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

Interesting take, thanks.  He won't be too sad when the Rams suck ass in a few years and the stadium is filled with opposing teams fans fresh off their trip to Disney.  SoCal fans aren't going to show up for a mediocre football product, ask USC.  

You're right.  He won't be sad because ticket sales won't matter.  He didn't build that place so some dude can drive in from San Bernardino and watch a game.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

You're right.  He won't be sad because ticket sales won't matter.  He didn't build that place so some dude can drive in from San Bernardino and watch a game.

Agreed, that place will make him a ton of money.  But at least I can enjoy his team sucking when the coach goes to TV and the salary cap implodes the roster.  I'm a petty petty person.

• Hook 'Em 1

This thread sucks because it didn't start with shit talk about the Ford family ownership of the Lions.

1 playoff win in 63 years, and the common factor is ownership.

They put the shit in shitshow; and sadly the fans still think next year is the year.

When I left and moved to Houston I became an Oilers fan.

Fuck Bud Adams.

• Like 1

This thread sucks because it didn't start with shit talk about the Ford family ownership of the Lions.

They put the shit in shitshow; and sadly the fans still think next year is the year.

Fuck Bud Adams.

52 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Fuck Bud Adams.

Loving the Ford Family hate here. One my favorite aspects of Ford Vs. Ferrari is showing how far the apple fell from the tree. 

3 hours ago, Bodhi said:

Lol I got news for you Walter, the stadium was full of opposing fans this year…

The assumption that the Rams will have to collapse might not prove out. It’s similar to what’s happening in college. The big schools will reduce scholarships to high school seniors to go shopping on the portal for proven 20 year olds for needs each year. Drafting is a 50/50 prop bet. The only benefit is cheaper salaries but you can accomplish it with midtier UFAs. Not everyone on the Rams is a huge star. It goes against everything I believed about team building but they’ve been to two SBs in five years. They’re only $10m over; they can fix that easy.

10 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Lol I got news for you Walter, the stadium was full of opposing fans this year…

I didn’t realize the Stadium is 10 minutes from LAX.  That’s very attractive if you want to catch your team playing the Rams and sneak in a LA side trip. 

Dan Snyder wanted to recreate the Kroenke NFL experience by building a complex around RFK, but he’s an NFL poor and stupid, and he dithered too long on the name change and missed his opportunity window.  

Now he’s going to try something similar in the VA exurbs, but it looks like the state is going to pick up the tab. 

Edited by Bateshorn