Texas vs Texas State, midweek series thread, March 8th & 9th

TrashMaster G

3 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

HAHAHAH he's JAG. He needs to sit, we have to have another bat on the bench that get the ball out of the infield.  He's the same player as he was last year.  Nice guy, team guy, has a little speed but jeebus he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a bass fiddle.

I disagree but whatever. We’ll see. Who would you have in RF right now? Stehly? Kash? Fucking O’Dowd? In scrimmages and random games and shit, I’ve seen him hit the ball hard and even seen him homer a few times. I like his swing and as you said, kids got heart. But you may be right. He may just be the baseball version of Desean Hales. Heard and seen good things from him in the off season, scrimmages and against shittier opponents only to suck or disappear the rest of the year 

I do really want Kash and O’Dowd getting more ABs though. Kash gives me Kyle Russell vibes for some reason 

HAHAHAH he's JAG. He needs to sit, we have to have another bat on the bench that get the ball out of the infield.  He's the same player as he was last year.  Nice guy, team guy, has a little speed but jeebus he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a bass fiddle.

The harsh truth is that we don’t. Kash and O’Dowd were the only alternatives - Pierce was loath to play them and we’ve seen some sign of why. Good news is that Campbell is still serviceable; he walks a lot and doesn’t strike out an insane amount. His BABIP should improve and if he can improve at all I think he’ll be ok. The real disappointment is Messinger imo. Him showing nothing and losing Todd (who admittedly wasn’t setting the world on fire himself) is going to test us.

7 hours ago, Lat22 said:

FC9E03A7-BC75-40EC-A8E9-701B27D6E11E.jpeg

That's a shitter. Was really looking forward to watching the 1-2-3 combination we had going at the starting pitcher position. As we all were. It's still a great team, but I was looking forward to dominance, and Witt was a significant part of that. Good luck to Tanner Witt. That Tommy John recovery is no joke. No guarantees on it, either, even though they have the surgery on lock down nowadays. Serious business.

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

I’m inclined to agree with jdh’s entire post.

I’m getting there. Like I said above I think he’s got potential, but man, if he does jack shit this weekend and against Charleston and the citadel….

Kash and O’Dowd need to be splitting reps at dh this little road trip. If Messinger doesn’t heat back up then we’re gonna have to put Stehly at 3rd full time. I think Messinger puts it back together like Daly is in the process of doing. If that happens and Campbell puts it together, we’re golden. If not, we’ll still be fine, just gotta figure out if Kash or O’Dowd or stehly can handle right. Shit what’s Powell up to? Started some in 2020, showed some pop and we haven’t really seen him since. Whatever. 

6 hours ago, hookemATL said:

What shitty news.  Hope someone can step up, but this has to temper expectations pretty significantly. Sucks.

Yep. We are not invincible anymore pitching wise.

Going to need a Sunday dude and fast. Not sure Gordon or Duplantier are ready yet but one of them needs to step up.