Texas vs Texas State, midweek series thread, March 8th & 9th

TrashMaster G

Just now, jw4381 said:

Pitchers are playing great defense.

I've watched 5 Texas games so far this year, and I think they have more 1-3 plays on smashes up the middle than I've seen in an entire season.  The pitching staff has definitely been well-coached to be in fielding position on follow-through.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DoneWithit said:

I’m fine with being aggressive but that was just stupid of Pierce to do. There’s a difference 

Yeah I know. It’s very frustrating but I, in general, appreciate being aggressive even to a fault. It’s college ball. Make em make a play. I honestly don’t remember. Was it this….questionably aggressive in 2017 and 2018? I’m choosing to forget everything about 2019 cause what’s the fucking point. Clear outlier. Last year definitely wasn’t great and at times out right regarded. Is what it is I guess. Maybe it’s like ou and their holding. Worth it if they get penalized once or twice every 10 plays. Maybe Pierce thinks it worth it to send cause the overall pressure it adds to opposing teams is worth it or some shit. Idk I’m stoned and a have had a drink or 6. 

Finally watching the game. Has the ump been this bad all game?

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Yeah I know. It’s very frustrating but I, in general, appreciate being aggressive even to a fault. It’s college ball. Make em make a play. I honestly don’t remember. Was it this….questionably aggressive in 2017 and 2018? I’m choosing to forget everything about 2019 cause what’s the fucking point. Clear outlier. Last year definitely wasn’t great and at times out right regarded. Is what it is I guess. Maybe it’s like ou and their holding. Worth it if they get penalized once or twice every 10 plays. Maybe Pierce thinks it worth it to send cause the overall pressure it adds to opposing teams is worth it or some shit. Idk I’m stoned and a have had a drink or 6. 

Finally watching the game. Has the ump been this bad all game?

I get the make em make a play but the only way that is a run is if the OF throws the ball where the catcher can't get to it.  he was out by 45 feet.

• Hook 'Em 1