Texas vs Texas State, midweek series thread, March 8th & 9th

TrashMaster G

7 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

They are a good team. My son was on their club and played with a few of these dudes. I am at a bar in San Marcos watching and damn the fans support their team. 

If you’re a fan of old school college sports the future is a step down from P5. Semi pro in the P5 leagues and what we grew up on in the other leagues. Less so for baseball but it creeps in too. I’m not surprised they support their team. Solid club.  

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s just as upsetting to see the swings being taken by our hitters against the bobcat bullpen the past 2 innings as seeing the pitchers struggling. 

Yeah, it's like we abandoned plate discipline after beating LSU. 

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Take that football shit off the baseball boards. Our baseball team always gets shit on because of stuff that happens in football. It drives me insane.

Bandwagon starts early bc of our ranking. Not going to complain but I like the sleepy threads with diehards for 2/3 of the season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ztejas said:

THAT looked like Texas pitching.

It’s because Texas State is a team that just relies on mashing the fastball. And lucky for them this is a midweek series where we went Johnny Allstaff thanks to Witt being hurt.

Them getting to Andre was impressive 

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Take that football shit off the baseball boards. Our baseball team always gets shit on because of stuff that happens in football. It drives me insane.

Settle down Beavis.  I spent my whole like not giving a shit about your feelings and I'm not about to start now.  It was just a smart ass remark about the lack of effort tonight by the younger guys.  Win or lose I'm not worried about this glorified scrimmage.

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Bandwagon starts early bc of our ranking. Not going to complain but I like the sleepy threads with diehards for 2/3 of the season. 

I've been here as long as there's been a Surly and was around for all of Shaggy too.  I'm just not terrible active posting because people can be so bitch-assed about shit .  I hit these threads for pretty much every game because most of you guys are pretty entertaining.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

Settle down Beavis.  I spent my whole like not giving a shit about your feelings and I'm not about to start now.  It was just a smart ass remark about the lack of effort tonight by the younger guys.  Win or lose I'm not worried about this glorified scrimmage.

Lucky for you I guess? None of the guys on the mound that got tuned tonight were young

4 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

Um that makes zero sense. Why would you use a term that addresses the long term institutional failure of our football program to criticize a few young guys having a tough night? What fucking sense does that make?