Texas vs Texas State, midweek series thread, March 8th & 9th

TrashMaster G

Just now, dcar00 said:

I get the make em make a play but the only way that is a run is if the OF throws the ball where the catcher can't get to it.  he was out by 45 feet.

I didn’t see it but I’ve seen that exact shit under Pierce. Ok seriously does anyone remember him being this overly aggressive in 2017 and ‘18? I’m just not going to count 2019. We were doomed the minute Hamilton and DJ were out for the year. Then Ridgeway went to pretty good college closer to fucking batting practice. Maybe with our defense and pitching he feels more confident sending dudes very questionably?

Ok this ump needs to quit his job  

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This Texas State team is salty.  

They are a quality 2/3 seed that won’t do anything when they face a breaking ball. We just threw everybody that wears a Texas uniform today and yesterday.

Edited by chase25

Wells is Saturday guy.

For context, it's important for TXST to win games like this.  This year the Sun Belt could be a 1-bid league with Louisiana Lafayette and Coastal Carolina not being as good as last few years.  In a 1-bid league, you can win 40 games and lose in the conf tournament and not make a regional.  Wins like this help tremendously with your at-large chances.

1 minute ago, chase25 said:

They are a quality 2/3 seed that won’t do anything when they face a breaking ball. We just through everybody that wears a Texas uniform today and yesterday.

Yeah I’ve been impressed. Good for them. Now we just need rice to get in that 2-3 seed range and our little sister school rivalries will be fun as fuck again. Like last nights and even though we’re losing, tonight’s game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, LamarJogger said:

Wells is Saturday guy.

For context, it's important for TXST to win games like this.  This year the Sun Belt could be a 1-bid league with Louisiana Lafayette and Coastal Carolina not being as good as last few years.  In a 1-bid league, you can win 40 games and lose in the conf tournament and not make a regional.  Wins like this help tremendously with your at-large chances.

Yeah they need to win this game. This and the UCLA game were/are luxuries. Win? Awesome. Lose? Whatever. Some quality but raw players have gotten some good reps the last 3 games. And I mean it would be total Texas state to give up 3 to us in the bottom half and we walk it off. Fuckers just can’t beat us 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I wouldn't want them in a regional. 

I would. Would love to watch these jacked mother fuckers that sit fastball try and hit Pete/Tristan/Tanner. Just look how they looked against Southard just because he had an 85 mph slider

Edited by chase25
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

I would. Would love to watch these jacked mother fuckers that sit fastball try and hit Pete/Tristan/Tanner. Just look how they looked against Southard just because he had an 85 mph slider

Agreed. These bats go quiet against our starters

• Hook 'Em 1