Texas vs Texas State, midweek series thread, March 8th & 9th

TrashMaster G

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If im txst im walking melendez

Just now, ztejas said:

I would be tempted to just walk Ivan here. 

No way I put the winning run on and push the tying run to scoring position.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Nah that was too far inside.

No that was a hanger you make the dumbfuck who threw it pay. Unfortunately Ivan was sitting fastball that makes sense. That last one though, whew man, ivan. That was another one that should be landing right about now 

Just now, Fletch said:

No that was a hanger you make the dumbfuck who threw it pay. Unfortunately Ivan was sitting fastball that makes sense. That last one though, whew man, ivan. That was another one that should be landing right about now 

I don’t think so.  It was a knee bender.  

Just now, utxmike05 said:

Relax, bobcats. Pick up your trophy at the door and head back to SM.  

This. No reason to be excited about beating the #1 team in the country. 

I don’t blame Melendez for watching that 2-0 pitch go by. He probably couldn’t believe what he was seeing, total cement mixer hanger you can only dream about. I would’ve liked to see him be more aggressive on the full count one though. 

I’m not worried about our pitching as long as Witt comes back.  The bottom of our lineup is kind of trash though.  Need some production there and not seeing where it’s going to come from.  Also we are not running as much   Have to hope Campbell comes around and can stay in right since he can run. 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

yeah he wasn't gonna give Ivan a 2-0 fastball. It was obvious he didn't want to throw FB's.   I would have sat offspeed and if he decides to throw FB, well on to the next pitch.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

Couple of really good games for midweek.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah that was pretty awesome. Great atmosphere in both games.

Those weird wild pitches lost us this game. So weird since we hadn't done that all season.

Yep. these games, the bama series, that game we stole from aggy corpus and last weekend went just about perfectly. 12-2 and like every type of game possible. Come May and June, we’ll be ready for everything. Shit we haven’t even entered conference play yet and we’ve played in every type of game possible. Go 8-1 against our South Carolina trip, incarnate word and central Arkansas and let’s take this conference for the 3rd time in the last 4 seasons. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Strike 3 was a good pitch. Strike 1 should have left the yard 

Pitcher was all over the place.  Some pitches looked like knucklers.  And others were money. I figured Ivan would strike out looking if he did strikeout.  And he did.