Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

97 points would be the highest finish in the history of English top flight football (wins adjusted to 3 points) besides City last year and potentially this year. 
Yup going to be 3rd highest total ever...only 1 loss and nothing to show for it...

24 minutes ago, C-Man said:

So I admit y'all follow this far more closely than I do. This season looks boned from a league and CL standpoint. What do we need? I mean we have the chance to wind up with 97 points -- and finish 2nd. That's insane. In the last few seasons we've fixed our shaky goal-tending and added the EPL POTY on the back line in VVD. What do we need to take the next step and finally claim a trophy again?

Have City not be unstoppable in the EPL and not be unlucky in CL games.

Edited by mdmost

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

So I admit y'all follow this far more closely than I do. This season looks boned from a league and CL standpoint. What do we need? I mean we have the chance to wind up with 97 points -- and finish 2nd. That's insane. In the last few seasons we've fixed our shaky goal-tending and added the EPL POTY on the back line in VVD. What do we need to take the next step and finally claim a trophy again?

Lovren replacement at CB, backup LB, attacking mid, striker I think is our list of needs

11 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
16 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:
Lovren replacement at CB, backup LB, attacking mid, striker I think is our list of needs

Yeah we need a true 9 to help out...Wjinaldum playing up against barca was not pretty

I don’t think we need a true 9. We need a versatile attacker. Someone like Werner makes sense. Can play any of the front three.

4 hours ago, Bone3421 said:
4 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:
Man City is fortunate to still have 11 men on the pitch. Oh, who am I kidding. Nobody will be sent off. But Silva could have picked up a second yellow card. And Kompany had a reckless tackle. 
I feel a little Leicester magic coming up. 

Refs wont want to be a factor in the race...even though already with no call on kieta penalty

Kind of like Wolves scoring on a handball against us earlier this year?

Kind of like Wolves scoring on a handball against us earlier this year?
Yes...and a few other calls but like we were saying in games this late refs will/were scared to make tough call

That kompany tackle in first half probably was red worthy

It all comes out in the wash. If city wins it’s because they were better, not because of any officiating 
Kinda...but my point still stands refs dont want to decide race this late even though the few key calls/noncalls have already decided it in theory

13 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Kinda...but my point still stands refs dont want to decide race this late even though the few key calls/noncalls have already decided it in theory

There are way too many missed calls throughout the season, for every filibuster, to say a few key calls have decided the season. 

There are way too many missed calls throughout the season, for every filibuster, to say a few key calls have decided the season. 
I wasnt saying that necessarily...im phrasing my responses in the scope of the original conversation
Im on record saying i will be pissed about that non kieta penalty for a very long time.
What happens if refs call that borderline red on kompany.

In this tight of a race i think refs dont want to be a factor but they already are a factor with the point changing calls from earlier

28 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

I wasnt saying that necessarily...im phrasing my responses in the scope of the original conversation
Im on record saying i will be pissed about that non kieta penalty for a very long time.
What happens if refs call that borderline red on kompany.

In this tight of a race i think refs dont want to be a factor but they already are a factor with the point changing calls from earlier

Of course officiating is a factor. They are officials. However in the long run it’s a wash. I’m sure city has plenty of calls they think were missed that potentially lead to their losses. There are simply far far far too many missed calls to care. City is going to have the second greatest season in league history. We will have the third greatest. Complaining about officials is sour grapes in my mind.

Of course officiating is a factor. They are officials. However in the long run it’s a wash. I’m sure city has plenty of calls they think were missed that potentially lead to their losses. There are simply far far far too many missed calls to care. City is going to have the second greatest season in league history. We will have the third greatest. Complaining about officials is sour grapes in my mind.
Not complaining...discussing

Like ipoop said about a handball vs wolves...each team has 1/2 calls that could give them the win

Plus the questionable tackle today in which i think refs not wanting to be a factor in the publics eye let it slide

If we split the games with city we win the league. We didn’t. That’s the beginning and end of it for me. 

I’m not giving up yet. We’ve got three goals in us tomorrow. I’ll keep hope until the final whistle Sunday, and then, well then I think I’ll have a drink. 

If we split the games with city we win the league. We didn’t. That’s the beginning and end of it for me. 
I’m not giving up yet. We’ve got three goals in us tomorrow. I’ll keep hope until the final whistle Sunday, and then, well then I think I’ll have a drink. 
Might as well drink tonight and tomorrow and just keep going until sunday...you'll be ready to celebrate or commiserate either way

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Kompany.  Of course that's the bitch that scores.

When he slipped about 5 to 10 minutes later, I had visions of another famous slip a few years ago.

Unfortunately, it did not have the same result. It would have been such sweet justice(?)

if he had slipped and the ball had lingered in open space.

6 hours ago, Bone3421 said:
6 hours ago, C-Man said:

Just some luck and health at the end of the year...last year lost ox this year no firmino against barca...and no now salah plus firmino

Yeah, I keep forgetting that Ox shredded his knee last year about this time.

14 hours ago, C-Man said:

I think we underestimate the creativity we lost when Coutinho left. Our midfield is more of a "holding" midfield and we get very little productivity out of them for service and goals. 

That works OK given our fantastic front, but when you lose 1 player (Like Bobby), the whole thing stagnates. Our first task should be to get either a "true" striker (Werner?) and move Bobby to CF/Attacking Mid or get a creative mid to support our front three (someone like Fekir, but with better knees). Our second task needs to be depth at all positions. True depth. Not people like Moreno/Sturridge/Lallana who provide zero when pressed into action.

16 hours ago, C-Man said:

Quality depth EVERYWHERE. 

As Henderson mentioned in the article below it's crazy to say this but Liverpool is back to being a destination club for top players. I know it would be great to trot out the same top 11 every week but injuries are going to happen and having a top quality back up that you can insert to plug the hole or even give a regular starter a day off every now and again would be a huge help to keep guys rested and able to go 110% when out there. Not to mention the added talent during training sessions to push each other. 

“This team and this club is moving in the right direction and we are now at a point where world-class players see this place as a destination. You arrive at this point thanks to the hard work and dedication of many different types of people. Luis and Phil played their part in that along with many others.

“Hopefully they’ll leave remembering why Anfield is so special, but not because they’ll leave with a Barca win. They’ll see a club that is back at Europe’s top table and one that hopefully has another big chapter to come in this season’s story.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/349255-jordan-henderson-barcelona-programme

• Like 1

I think we underestimate the creativity we lost when Coutinho left. Our midfield is more of a "holding" midfield and we get very little productivity out of them for service and goals. 
That works OK given our fantastic front, but when you lose 1 player (Like Bobby), the whole thing stagnates. Our first task should be to get either a "true" striker (Werner?) and move Bobby to CF/Attacking Mid or get a creative mid to support our front three (someone like Fekir, but with better knees). Our second task needs to be depth at all positions. True depth. Not people like Moreno/Sturridge/Lallana who provide zero when pressed into action.
It should get better with keita more incorporated next year...he was starting to put it together like mdmost or MIB said a few post ago...and we do get ox back next year

A striker and lovren replacement will be targets but i think with naby and ox in midfield next year we will be fine

Klopp loves Brewster. I read he’s supposed to start tomorrow. Would be awesome if we had a badass, young homegrown attacker ready to make an impact next season. 
Got my hopes up about brewster starting and saving the day...guess he still might be hero if subbed in

He is who he is. He was our asshole for 4 years and we loved his goals. He is their asshole now and he behaves the same way. I root against him in the matchup but he hasn’t changed. I still have fond memories of a lot of his time here but he’s not a club legend. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JNip said:

Thoughts?

I read Gerrard's book and he spoke well of him. Everyone knew he had bigger sights and Gerrard said he was open and honest and worked his ass off despite the way the club treated him in the end. If he's good enough for #8, he's good enough for me.