Hogwart's Legacy

Michael Knight

Played another hour and only managed to get through the first charms class. this game seems extremely rich. having some remorse about not going Gryffindor just because.. I want to hang out in the Gryffindor common room. Got sidetracked solving some riddles with empty paintings, running around and talking to anyone who will talk, solving some riddle doors. Everything is beautiful.

I always had a hard time picturing Peeves, but I knew who he was when I fucking came down a staircase and found him.

Ok first gripe - I just found my way back to my common room to go to bed because it is night and the castle was empty. 5th year dorm was empty and apparently you don’t sleep but rather wait, a la Chuck Norris. Complete with animation of you getting up off the ground.

Ultimately unimportant, but where is everyone at night, why don’t I know all the 5th year Ravenclaw boys, and not sleeping does kinda break the role playing aspect.

Fly as hell though

0A6779EF-6565-4B98-BFDB-0A088C721B01.thumb.png.c3cbdde703978374a2c304f9590a4e56.png

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Well, where are all of the 5th year Ravenclaw girls?

Think Barack Obama GIF by The Democrats

Practicing clarinet.

it is both kinda silly and also nice that the stats from all of the gear/clothing is able to be separated entirely from it’s appearance (any article of clothing can look like any other one that you have or previously had.

ah. I also went back and checked, I have "performance" "fidelity" and "fidelity with ray tracing"

I tried with ray tracing for a bit but it would have some slow downs in frame rate. It did look very pretty, though. I ended up just going back to fidelity.

My TV is 4k but it doesn't have the higher frame rates, so I guess that is why it never showed me "balanced"

2 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

ah. I also went back and checked, I have "performance" "fidelity" and "fidelity with ray tracing"

I tried with ray tracing for a bit but it would have some slow downs in frame rate. It did look very pretty, though. I ended up just going back to fidelity.

My TV is 4k but it doesn't have the higher frame rates, so I guess that is why it never showed me "balanced"

Try turning your motion blur off.

25 minutes ago, jofus said:

Are there any consequences to learning and using the unforgivable curses?

And are there a limited number of talent points, meaning you can’t unlock the entire talent tree?

I think you get background shock and disgust from NPCs but no consequences. I use them in battles 

The game is so deep with just cool sidebar shit that is really well done.

Stumbled into the House Elves hidden kitchen earlier this morning through a random entry point and it was really well done/funny to just sit and watch them work.

Getting a broom and being able to fly across the land is a blast. Just a great game, even the classic "fetch" quests are fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

The game is so deep with just cool sidebar shit that is really well done.

Stumbled into the House Elves hidden kitchen earlier this morning through a random entry point and it was really well done/funny to just sit and watch them work.

Getting a broom and being able to fly across the land is a blast. Just a great game, even the classic "fetch" quests are fun.

Those quest always make me think why the fuck the quest giver couldn't walk 20 ft and kill a rabbit to get it's hide and bring it back their damn selves lol.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

I think you get background shock and disgust from NPCs but no consequences. I use them in battles 

I used Crucio in a battle and the person I was dueling with goes "Is THAT what they teach you at Hogwarts these days?" 

If You Say So Shrug GIF

Edited by Js1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jofus said:

Are there any consequences to learning and using the unforgivable curses?

And are there a limited number of talent points, meaning you can’t unlock the entire talent tree?

There is a limit so you cannot get all of them (at least not currently)

This game is great, my 10 year old is doing the main quest. I have still put in quite a few hours doing side quests. 

I don't think I missed the opportunity to learn the unforgivable curses, or at least I didn't notice it, but to sanity check - should that have happened on my first visit to the undercroft?

I also found the elves living quarter/kitchen entrance last night and was delighted. Found an interesting thing with a frog and a stairwell as well. The *ding* when you do revelio indicates that there is something nearby, and I've found lots of interesting things just blasting that every few steps tracking everything down.

4 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I don't think I missed the opportunity to learn the unforgivable curses, or at least I didn't notice it, but to sanity check - should that have happened on my first visit to the undercroft?

I also found the elves living quarter/kitchen entrance last night and was delighted. Found an interesting thing with a frog and a stairwell as well. The *ding* when you do revelio indicates that there is something nearby, and I've found lots of interesting things just blasting that every few steps tracking everything down.

No. You’ll know when/if you missed it. It’s part of a quest line 

• Hook 'Em 1

canonically.... when I stumble upon a poachers nest and wipe them out, did I kill those motherfuckers? I think I turned one into a chicken.
fuckin hella bodycount for a fifth year who has never been to the hufflepuff girls dorm

As the other students proclaim, “they got what they deserved”

What’s the different in the killing curse and disintegrating someone with the power of Thor?

27 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I wish you could lock the camera to where your broomstick is pointing, or modify the stick controls. I've gotten better but it's hard to manage both the broom and the camera to be able to tell where you're pointed precisely enough to hit those speed balloons.

Those weren’t too difficult except the last one. I had to do it 3 times 

21 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

I have discovered that I am completely terrible at the mini game where you slap a key into a lock. Takes me so many attempts.

As soon as you open that puzzle, hit the button to slap. Usually is an auto open 

Still so far from being done. Which is good. I spent forever today skulking around the castle looking for demoguise to unlock alohomora 2. I think my big criticism of the game outside of no actual karma/good vs evil paths is the late night stuff and breaking into houses/offices/etc for chests. Outside of the sneak missions, nobody cares. That feels like something they didn’t complete. I shouldn’t be able to bust into Weasley’s office at 3 in the morning and peak through her chests while she’s sitting there.

still amazing though. First hippogriff ride was thrilling.