Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters) dead

UnivTex34

I'm surprised Roger Taylor & Brian May didn't bring Adam Lambert.  Maybe Hawkins knew Spiller.
Yeah saw this article of Spiller:

I owe so much of where I am right now to him, from getting the opportunity to open up for the Foos … even coming to L.A., and sort of laying roots down here, which, again, was life-changing, and probably something that I wouldn’t have done if he hadn’t encouraged it,” Spiller reflected. “So I owe him a great amount, and I kind of still do, with these shows that are coming up. I still kind of find it a bit ludicrous that I’m even considered to be on that bill, considering the lineup. It’s going to be a really bittersweet experience. In many ways I wish I wasn’t doing it, but I kind of know in my heart of hearts, and I can actually see Taylor jumping with excitement, if I was to have called him up and be like, hey, I’m going to be singing a couple of Queen songs with Queen, he’d be like, oh my god! I know that he’d be super excited for me.”

Fuck, I love "Monkey Wrench".  Absolutely my favorite Foos song, and Travis Barker is killing it.

Watching them play with a guy like Barker VS Ulrich is hilarious.  Shiflet, Smear they're totally grooving to Barker.  With Ulrich they looked like they were in pain.

Edited by jimmyjazz

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm surprised Roger Taylor & Brian May didn't bring Adam Lambert.  Maybe Hawkins knew Spiller.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Yeah saw this article of Spiller:

I owe so much of where I am right now to him, from getting the opportunity to open up for the Foos … even coming to L.A., and sort of laying roots down here, which, again, was life-changing, and probably something that I wouldn’t have done if he hadn’t encouraged it,” Spiller reflected. “So I owe him a great amount, and I kind of still do, with these shows that are coming up. I still kind of find it a bit ludicrous that I’m even considered to be on that bill, considering the lineup. It’s going to be a really bittersweet experience. In many ways I wish I wasn’t doing it, but I kind of know in my heart of hearts, and I can actually see Taylor jumping with excitement, if I was to have called him up and be like, hey, I’m going to be singing a couple of Queen songs with Queen, he’d be like, oh my god! I know that he’d be super excited for me.”

Hawkins met Luke through Chevy Metal.  Struts were playing some music festival and Hawkins saw them and went back stage to meet Luke...asked him if he knew any Queen.  Luke said of course and Taylor asked him to come jam with them the next afternoon.  The next night, Chevy Metal brought Luke on stage to sing some Queen songs.  Taylor called Grohl the next day and said, "You need to come see this band."  A month later, they became the Foo's opening act on their tour.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Hawkins met Luke through Chevy Metal.  Struts were playing some music festival and Hawkins saw them and went back stage to meet Luke...asked him if he knew any Queen.  Luke said of course and Taylor asked him to come jam with them the next afternoon.  The next night, Chevy Metal brought Luke on stage to sing some Queen songs.  Taylor called Grohl the next day and said, "You need to come see this band."  A month later, they became the Foo's opening act on their tour.

Saw them open for the Foos at COTA. They were great. Very unexpected.