Bruce Willis - done with acting

UTCzech III

On 4/3/2022 at 7:35 PM, futureman said:

nope. he was trash in fury. wooden and stupid. 

he’s a great actor. but not in fury. 

no. but nobody bats 1.000

Gary Oldman and DDL bat 1.000. Drew bats 1.000 (and you know what I mean). 

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

It's crazy to check his IMDB page to see how many shit movies he had going when he first announced retiring.  I can't imagine he needed money bad enough to make this crap.

image.png.c051a75a47bc09de81a48ade2f8540a0.png

I read they knew it was getting bad and his people signed him up for these straight to DVD movies where he’s on the cover but only films for one or two days and has like five to ten minutes of screen time.  Then he got paid 500k-million each or something.  

47 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I read they knew it was getting bad and his people signed him up for these straight to DVD movies where he’s on the cover but only films for one or two days and has like five to ten minutes of screen time.  Then he got paid 500k-million each or something.  

Yeah, this is what I heard. I'm not sure who was calling the shots on those -- his wife, management, etc. But, yes, they're taking advantage of him in a way.

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2023 at 4:00 PM, C-Man said:

Yeah, this is what I heard. I'm not sure who was calling the shots on those -- his wife, management, etc. But, yes, they're taking advantage of him in a way.

I am going to take the opposite stance...  Hes got 3 adult children, 2 minor children, and a wife who is only turning 45 this year.  It sounds like he had most of his mental facalties until 18-24 months ago, which was about the time the last of those films got made.

They knew shit was getting bad, maybe he was trying to cash in as much as possible to help his family after he was gone?   

Or maybe they needed a fuckton of money to help pay for some experimental anti-Aphasia med (or some similar treatment that had a tiny chance to work), that cost $500k a pop and wasnt covered by any insurance at all. 

Even if his financial adviser invested well, adding another $5-15M to the family coffers wouldnt hurt.   its not like his legacy can be tarnished. 

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

They knew shit was getting bad, maybe he was trying to cash in as much as possible to help his family after he was gone? 

That was the impression I got when they initially announced.