The Black Phone

futureman

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have kids so I might not be the best judge of it but I think it'd be fine for a 17 year old... not for a 14 year old though- I think it might be a bit much for that age. There's no nudity or sex, but there's a bit of brutality (in case that matters). 

Great movie, but I found it to be VERY intense. 

Edited by KaiserSoze

On 7/3/2022 at 10:37 AM, Hermanator said:

Would this be suitable for 17 yr and 14 yr old girls? Just normal kids not hyper religious or anything. Also is there any nudity/sex as the wife still fast forwards non nudity sex scenes in Netflix shows even if only with the 17 yr old. 

I took my 15 and 12 year old daughters. They enjoyed it. They like horror movies, definitely wouldn't break someone in on this one. Definitely lots of intensity, including some non-sexual child abuse. 

I thought the movie was great, esp Ethan Hawke. 

Caught this last night. It was all over the place in terms of tone and a lot of it just really did not mesh together. It kind of wanted to be a teenager saves the day kid genre similar to Stranger Things, but then also had some real violence and horror elements.

There were also some really, really stupid and/or cringy parts of the movie. The entire plot line with Daniel from LOST was horrendous.

Hawke was great as always, but also seemed like he was in a different movie from the other actors.

All of that said, I didn’t think about work for 2 hours on a Friday night, and for that I give it 5 stars.

• 4 weeks later...