2022 Volleyball - Stacked as Hell

Js1

9 hours ago, Goodman said:

The next step I'm looking for is Parra to become a weapon from the back row. I used to hate to watch us serve, defend and pass. Now, not a weak serve in the bunch. Our setter has been so much better than I expected. Hook'em!

SKT had pretty high recognition from some quarters. I know one publication had her rated as the 2nd best setter in the country her last year at Utah. I wouldn’t classify her that high, but she’s definiteiy legit. 

I’m with you. I’ve been pleased with her this season. I thought there would be more of a battle between her and Ewert. SKT said, “Nope.”

Gabriei was good in a lot of facets, but you can’t hide 5’6 on the front row. They’re going to find you. I still have PTSD from a few of those rotations versus Kentucky where they just killed the ball over her repeatedly. SKT isn’t a giant in volleyball terms, but 6’ makes a huge difference in providing a competent block versus a practically non existent one. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Man, I’m so glad I’m no Elliot. Parra showing she belongs on the floor. Do you go Logan/Parra outside (sub Halter for Parra in 2 back row rotations) and push Skinner to the RS? Which puts Molly on the bench? Perhaps Molly slides back inside next to O’Neal, considering Bergmark hasn’t shown offensive consistency and Caffey has been hot and cold?

And SKT is the truth. 

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Man, I’m so glad I’m no Elliot. Parra showing she belongs on the floor. Do you go Logan/Parra outside (sub Halter for Parra in 2 back row rotations) and push Skinner to the RS? Which puts Molly on the bench? Perhaps Molly slides back inside next to O’Neal, considering Bergmark hasn’t shown offensive consistency and Caffey has been hot and cold?

And SKT is the truth. 

Definitely think Skinner is a better option at Opposite. Her arm swing is difficult to read hitting from the right pin and she can be terminal even with out-of-system swings, something that Molly can't do. 

If Parra can manage her game and take smart swings, she and Logan will make a good Left-side duo. Parra's block continues to need work, but she does get height with the swing-blocking technique Texas employs.  I just wonder how she will handle going up against taller opposites that can hit over her. 

Devin can be the back-up for Parra or Skinner if either struggle. 

I think they should work Molly back in the middle and see how she does. That may take away reps from Bella and Kayla, but neither have yet to consistently produce. 

• Like 1

An AVCA voter must fucking hate us.  Texas is one of two undefeated teams left in the top 10 (with Penn State) and garnered 63/64 first place votes.

1 Texas (63)
2 Louisville (1)
3 Nebraska
4 San Diego
5 Stanford

7 Ohio State
8 Minnesota
14 Baylor
23 Rice

Kansas is the top of the RV pile after dropping out of the top 25 and Houston is also RV

• Hook 'Em 1