Austin FC

Bottlecap

Frustrating game. This team is so good when they're on. Just so much stupidity on top of it. 

Driussi is a serious talent. Wasn't great but that finish for the first goal was clinical. 

Like I said earlier - we need better talent or better coaching or both in the back. Still too many WTF goals. 

• Hook 'Em 1

What exactly does Gallagher do for this team.

Gallagher not being a natural defender showed there. Jeez.  

What he gives us is speed…which tells you that the staff doesn’t think he rest of our defenders do. I think Gallagher is better on the attack. He’s my wife’s favorite player, and she doesn’t like him being played out of his more natural position and she bitches about it a lot. Like….a lot.

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What he gives us is speed…which tells you that the staff doesn’t think he rest of our defenders do. I think Gallagher is better on the attack. He’s my wife’s favorite player, and she doesn’t like him being played out of his more natural position and she bitches about it a lot. Like….a lot.

Yeah we'll see. Speed doesn't matter when you can't make a decision in the final third or play competent defense. 

proud member of Los Verdes.   I held Layla up for the tifo with my 14 yr old..  thought id share a snip from her obituary:

Layla loved dancing and singing and loved the Dallas Cowboys.  She would sing with her father every morning heading to school and again on her way home with her mother.  Layla was a smart witted and rambunctious child.  She was always cheerful and respectful of her elders and would be the first to greet and assist family guest and friends.  Layla was a girl who loved many different activities with some of those being swimming and running track. When she wasn’t spending time swimming at the river with her parents or running track you could find her singing and dancing. Layla also enjoyed making TikTok videos and adored Koala bears. Layla won 6 first place ribbons on field day and was so proud of her accomplishments. She would say, ”If you aren’t first, you’re last.”  On the many days her grandfather and grandmother would pick her up from school she would get treated with tacos, so she would ask them to pick her up as often as she could. 

IMG_4383.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

The roster against Charlotte tonight is going to look a little different.  Cascante out with a hamstring injury, Valencia still out with meniscus injury, and Maxi questionable with an injury to his back. 

Cascante has started 16 games and has not been subbed out.  Unsure who will get the start at CB - Keller or Romana (neither have had much playing time this year).  I would probably start Romana and bring in Keller if needed.  Pereria should be back, but one yellow card away from accumulating 5 and getting another red card (he needs to play nice this game).  I suspect Djitte will start with Hoesen to be subbed in in the second half.

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

You mean a game suspension? He can't get tossed for a yellow.

You're right.  My point being that Pereira can't be as aggressive as he likes for fear of losing another defender in the Colorado game when Austin still won't have Valencia and may not have Cascante back.  If Pereira has to tone it down, there will be more opportunity for their offense to be head to head with Keller or Romana.  My overarching point is - I have concerns about the defense going into tonight's game and probably Monday's game as well.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

My overarching point is - I have concerns about the defense going into tonight's game and probably Monday's game as well.  

I have concerns about our defense regardless of who is playing. 

#MLS!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bottlecap said:

can't stand the gallagher for kolmanic experiment. Zan brings WAAAAY more to LB security and delivery of the ball from set pieces/run of play into the box

I was so drunk during the Montreal game I had to watch the highlights to remember what happened. Galla had a great ball in to Urruti for the goal. Idk. I think I need to get used to guys in the MLS just being total shit sometimes. 

1 minute ago, Bottlecap said:

He missed a sure goal with a wonky finish. He looks shaky as usual.

I wouldn't call that a sure goal for a reserve defender in the MLS. He was in the right spot at the right time. I'll give him credit for that.