Austin FC

Bottlecap

Just now, Ghost of LL said:

Dominant from start to finish. That’s just a really splendid outcome. 

But since it’s me, I’m going to complain that we really could’ve used the opportunity to increase our goal differential—that’s how dominant it really was.

+3 feels right. Their defender totally flubbed one right in front of their net and they had some good chances that they either misplayed or hit right at Stu.

11 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

Fuck I’m enjoying this team. I’ve been trying to hold back on the excitement but they have something going. This string of road wins is damn impressive. Looking forward to some fun at the Q2 Tuesday vs Houston!

Agree, this team is the most fun of any team I currently follow.   Defensively, we seem to let up and give away easy shit each and every game, so I feel we will slip up in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs.  We just can't give up the early bullshit goal that seems to happen every couple of games.

Arrived to the bar 20 minutes late and missed the beginning of the ass kicking! If Ethan Finlay, the guy that's most replaceable out on the wings or in attack in general, keeps raising the floor of this offense, we're going to be really good come playoffs. If someone, either Corozo or another signing, can outproduce him we'll really be rolling. Because he's starting to come along himself.

Im not saying last night was Austin FC’s biggest win ever.  It wasn’t. That’s probably LAFC earlier this year.  But……..

This was a rotated squad, playing in a famously tough place that draws 3x the  size of crowd that we do, and we won by more than any visiting squad ever.  

Next two games are huge.  

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Next two games are huge.  

Yeah.  I wish Houston would have picked up Hector Herrera later this week.  He looks like he could make that Houston team significantly better.  

BTW, that Houston / Dallas game was crazy.  Sat down and watched the second half last night.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I thought it was strange to keep going for a 4th up until that point. It's not like they could have tied the game. And we're in a dogfight for first. 

He didn't have a crazy amount of options Also Houston caught us on the counter multiple times right before that. Smart to slow the game down there.