Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

I hate making predictions, but here goes.

I think Tech will have a chip on their shoulder because of the last two years against ISU. ISU is a VERY well coached team and I think it will be a chess match between both defensive coordinators. ISU has a better running back, definitely the best in the Conference and top 5 in the country.....but I think we have a better rushing attack. 6 different Tech players have scored rushing TD's. ISU's wideouts are tall and stout, they're like tree trunks. It will be a huge challenge for our DBs. Tech's wideouts have the height as well, except they aren't very bulky, but they have GREAT HANDS and make difficult catches. It's easy for Bowman to just launch the ball and they play jump ball with the secondary. Tech sucks at 11 am games but they've been great on the road. They have won their last 3 Big XII road games, going back to last year all in very tough environments (UT, Okie Lite, and TCU). We both have young QBs. Bowman seems to be our QB for the next 4 years and I am extremely happy with that. I haven't seen much of Purdy but I'm sure he's great as advertised. I think Tech's kicking game will be vital if we win this thing. I think it will come down to one or two mistakes for the losing team. I pick six or a fumble on a crucial drive.

Matadors    26

Cyclones     24

Edited by Bash Riprock

14 hours ago, Gaffords said:

It's great that we can pick and choose which stats to use from games.  Sounds way too familiar.

14 hours ago, Gaffords said:

It's great that we can pick and choose which stats to use from games.  Sounds way too familiar.

It is great that you can selectively choose yards that were gained after the game was lost as the key to your argument instead of looking at the only stat that matters. Ankle biter, or dare I say pillow biter?

1 hour ago, Alien Octopus said:

It is great that you can selectively choose yards that were gained after the game was lost as the key to your argument instead of looking at the only stat that matters. Ankle biter, or dare I say pillow biter?

A game is not lost when you have a chance (legit in these cases) to win/tie with time still on the clock you fucking ass clown.  

Take your stupidity back to texag. Your aggy is shining through. I'm sure your daddy Bama and the others that own that ass do not like you leaving the house without permission. So take your ravaged pillow, sheep, lego logs, mason jasr and milk men with you.

You belong to the secsecsec now so there's no reason for you to be around the bdf these days.   Chow now.

6 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I hate making predictions, but here goes.

I think Tech will have a chip on their shoulder because of the last two years against ISU. ISU is a VERY well coached team and I think it will be a chess match between both defensive coordinators. ISU has a better running back, definitely the best in the Conference and top 5 in the country.....but I think we have a better rushing attack. 6 different Tech players have scored rushing TD's. ISU's wideouts are tall and stout, they're like tree trunks. It will be a huge challenge for our DBs. Tech's wideouts have the height as well, except they aren't very bulky, but they have GREAT HANDS and make difficult catches. It's easy for Bowman to just launch the ball and they play jump ball with the secondary. Tech sucks at 11 am games but they've been great on the road. They have won their last 3 Big XII road games, going back to last year all in very tough environments (UT, Okie Lite, and TCU). We both have young QBs. Bowman seems to be our QB for the next 4 years and I am extremely happy with that. I haven't seen much of Purdy but I'm sure he's great as advertised. I think Tech's kicking game will be vital if we win this thing. I think it will come down to one or two mistakes for the losing team. I pick six or a fumble on a crucial drive.

Matadors    26

Cyclones     24

Love the Tech confidence.

Im nervous, but have picked us to cover.  John Heacock is great at shutting down Kliff offense 

On 10/23/2018 at 8:21 PM, Bash Riprock said:

gave up 532 total yards. 310 passing yards and 222 on the ground. 6 TD's

just killed it.

On 10/22/2018 at 9:31 PM, Bash Riprock said:

Nah,

a1a1.jpg

They aren't "10 times the offense but they are way better. OU is the class of this conference offensively and y'all are a distant 2nd.

OU is averaging 8.69 yards per play

TT is averaging 6.27 yards per play

The ewok has OU performing at an incredibly efficient level. We held them in check for 3 quarters. I know, the game is 4 quarters, but we held them to 354 yards, 24 points, and 7.38 yards per play, then the damn broke in the 4th. Iowa State has a solid defense and they gave up 7.63 yards per play and 37 points. TCU gave up 7.44 yards per play and 52 points

Those are 3 of the 4 top defenses in this conference, y'all better pucker your cheeks because OU won't be bringing any lube.

In this league, playing your best can win you a lot of games. Thing is, teams rarely achieve that. Tech's QB looked like a freshman against ISU and the Clones took full advantage.  They needed to because frankly, Saturday wasn't their best effort either.

Lately, and all things being equal,  OU's best has been better than everyone else - but do we always see their best? That's the million dollar question and it's why no game is a given in this conference.

And with one rather large exception, the same rings true all across the country. Alabama is so far ahead of everyone else that they can probably stay undefeated even if they have an off day.

Dammit, league used six day hold.  Now Herman gets to use another excuse for lack of preparation.  I hate night games in Lubbock, especially on the ten year anniversary of what is probably UT’s worst trip up there.  

Of anybody sees the “either/or” options for kickoff that day out there in twittering or the inter webs, please post it here. That would help us make a Plan a little bit.  Though I’m sure it’ll say 11:00, 11:30, 2:30, 6:00, 6:30, or 7:00

47 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Dammit, league used six day hold.  Now Herman gets to use another excuse for lack of preparation.  I hate night games in Lubbock, especially on the ten year anniversary of what is probably UT’s worst trip up there.  

Of anybody sees the “either/or” options for kickoff that day out there in twittering or the inter webs, please post it here. That would help us make a Plan a little bit.  Though I’m sure it’ll say 11:00, 11:30, 2:30, 6:00, 6:30, or 7:00

i think if texas or tech wins their game this weekend it will be at night.

Just now, Bash Riprock said:

i think if texas or tech wins their game this weekend it will be at night.

We aren't beating OU.

We probably aren't beating UT.

If we don't screw around, we should beat BU & KSU.  Thus, 2-2 over the next 4 games, finishing with 7 wins. That may be enough to save Kliff's job unless he just gets absolutely humiliated in the bowl game.  But by then all the good candidates will have been hired anyway, so he's safe for another year.

2 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

that ISU loss must really have stung you.

Yep, it did.  As did the WVU loss.  I know, I know...we played much better after the first 1.5 quarters of the WVU game...but still. That was just bad.

This past Saturday against ISU I saw our HC/OC get completely out-coached.  He could not adjust to the ISU defense at all.  At one point I was like, just put Jett in so we can at least throw some sort of different wrinkle at them.  

And even though a couple of the penalties were pretty ticky-tack, a couple of them were just fucking dumb that extended the ISU drives.  Why even give the refs a reason on 3rd and long to throw a flag?  Just really dumb and lack of awareness of the game situation.

I just don't get this "we lost to ISU so we suck" business.  They're a very good team, and we lost a competitive game to them in Ames while not playing our best.   

We can beat OU and UT.  Not saying we will, but we can.  Weaker Tech teams have beaten better OU teams than this one.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Yep, it did.  As did the WVU loss.  I know, I know...we played much better after the first 1.5 quarters of the WVU game...but still. That was just bad.

This past Saturday against ISU I saw our HC/OC get completely out-coached.  He could not adjust to the ISU defense at all.  At one point I was like, just put Jett in so we can at least throw some sort of different wrinkle at them.  

Did you happen to watch the last two ISU-Tech matchups?  It was kinda the same thing in those as this year, except this year we kept it close.  I mean, they beat us by, what?, 50 something points when we had Mahomes at QB, and you're surprised they made it hard for a true freshman?

4 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

I just don't get this "we lost to ISU so we suck" business.  They're a very good team, and we lost a competitive game to them in Ames while not playing our best.   

We can beat OU and UT.  Not saying we will, but we can.  Weaker Tech teams have beaten better OU teams than this one.  

I agree...ISU is a very good team.

But it doesn't change the fact that we still have an undisciplined team at times making stupid penalties during key moments.  And it doesn't change the fact that Kliff, to his detriment at times, can be extremely stubborn.  And let's face it...he got outcoached Saturday somewhat due to that stubborness.  

Edited by Uncle Nate

Just now, Dirk X West said:

Did you happen to watch the last two ISU-Tech matchups?  It was kinda the same thing in those as this year, except this year we kept it close.  I mean, they beat us by, what?, 50 something points when we had Mahomes at QB, and you're surprised they made it hard for a true freshman?

Yes...I'm more upset that Tech was its own worst enemy this past Saturday.  It is a recurring mantra with us.

Just now, Uncle Nate said:

I agree...ISU is a very good team.

But it doesn't change the fact that we still have an undisciplined team at times making stupid penalties during key moments.  And it doesn't change the fact that Kliff, to his detriment at times, can be extremely stubborn.  And let's face it...he got outcoached Saturday.  

OK, but why is this more relevant than how we played in our 5 wins so far?  

9 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

And even though a couple of the penalties were pretty ticky-tack, a couple of them were just fucking dumb that extended the ISU drives.  Why even give the refs a reason on 3rd and long to throw a flag?  Just really dumb and lack of awareness of the game situation.

that was frustrating. it seems the defense celebrates way too much after plays too. tony jones and justus parker in particular. jones with the late hits out of bounds in other games. but just seeing the defense plug the gaps against ISU's running game was promising. they're better than they have ever been in the last 8 years.. they just need to act like they've been there before and be a little more disciplined. 

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

OK, but why is this more relevant than how we played in our 5 wins so far?  

I feel like we've regressed a bit.  Somewhat due to Bowman's injury, somewhat to coaching adjustments, and somewhat due to the defense getting back to its undisciplined ways.

But look, I'm 45.  I've been watching Tech play football since 1980.  To me, it just feels like we've slipped back into our recurring pattern of following up progress with regression.

1 minute ago, Uncle Nate said:

I feel like we've regressed a bit.  Somewhat due to Bowman's injury, somewhat to coaching adjustments, and somewhat due to the defense getting back to its undisciplined ways.

But look, I'm 45.  I've been watching Tech play football since 1980.  To me, it just feels like we've slipped back into our recurring pattern of following up progress with regression.

KU is a weak team, but I didn't see any regression in that game.  We have been rotating QBs and have had O line injuries.  That's been our problem since WVU.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

his first start back he beat a team handily that just beat TCU the last weekend. 😋

Tech improved their run defense immensely (#42, at 140.4 ypg), but goons have #13 rush offense, and #12 pass offense. 

If Tech could address the penalties (#122, at 78.75 ypg), I would give them a better chance in big games. Over the past 10 or so years, they've been near the bottom in penalties, every year. That hurts.  

Still, this should be a fun one to watch.

14 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

that was frustrating. it seems the defense celebrates way too much after plays too. tony jones and justus parker in particular. jones with the late hits out of bounds in other games. but just seeing the defense plug the gaps against ISU's running game was promising. they're better than they have ever been in the last 8 years.. they just need to act like they've been there before and be a little more disciplined. 

It ain’t enough to make a tackle.  Gotta tell that opponent how good you are...

How inadequate.  I hate that shit. Always have...

I just wonder if this legal situation has slowed down his coke consumption at all.

Also, I love this quote:

“Cry your way to the weak zone,” Reagor said toward the end of the meeting. “Cry your way to the loser zone. You know, I’ve sat with you, ******* listened to your ******* weak *** ****. But how many times have y’all heard me crying? I can’t be crying because I got to take care of a lot of ******* cry babies. ****, if I started crying, all hell would break loose. Look, somebody’s gotta be strong. Somebody’s gotta be consistent, and somebody’s got to be a ******* leader. I chose me.”

1 minute ago, Bash Riprock said:

lol

Yes, it's a good argument starter, but the scarlet is the other primary color, as opposed to the dingofucking programs doing that shit and their colors are blue and gold.

The first time I saw Texas play Texas Tech in person, Larry Issacs was playing for Tech and the starting running backs (of note) for the Horns were Roosevelt Leaks and Earl Campbell.  I believe Sherman Lee was also a starting linebacker that year for the Horns.

Nothing has changed since then, Lubbock is still Lubbock, Tech still has to fly all of its recruits in and out after dark and Tech fans will never change.  Always hopeful until the reality of 100 years sits in.  The Red Wannabe’s......as a whole, the most unsophisticated fan base in football....and they live in Lubbock. That’s like having Jerry Jones as a cellmate in hell.....

• Fuck You 2