Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

23 minutes ago, Squid said:

Back in the early 2000's I took my daughter to a basketball camp at Tech. I had a Longhorn cap on when we dropped her off. While waiting on her to get signed in I noticed a middle aged lady behind the desk giving me the stink eye. Arms crossed, obviously pissed off and ended up pointing at me to a Tech campus cop. He walked up and said 'You'll have to either take off the cap or leave this building' I asked what I'd done wrong and he said 'Well, uh, nothing really. But Coach Sharp is not happy that you're wearing it in here' I told him that since I hadn't been disorderly, was there for a valid reason and hadn't committed a crime......was there really any valid reason other than her dislike for my cap? He just smiled and said 'Look man, we deal with this all the time up here. Would you do me a favor and just take it off while you're waiting?' About that time my daughter walked up, ready to walk over to the dorm they were staying in that week. Sharp stood there and watched us all the way to the door. They seem to treat this all like a cross town high school rivalry. I have zero respect for anything Tech. 

My whole family is tech alums except me and one aggy cousin. Most of them are of the upper crust variety though so they are tame, but west texas people are generally really nice before their 12th natty light. The problem is, night games in Lubbock, most are on their 20th and the tortillas have been in the freezer all day. A coworker had a gun pulled on him walking out of the 2008 game by some dude in a car. 

2 hours ago, Squid said:

Back in the early 2000's I took my daughter to a basketball camp at Tech. I had a Longhorn cap on when we dropped her off. While waiting on her to get signed in I noticed a middle aged lady behind the desk giving me the stink eye. Arms crossed, obviously pissed off and ended up pointing at me to a Tech campus cop. He walked up and said 'You'll have to either take off the cap or leave this building' I asked what I'd done wrong and he said 'Well, uh, nothing really. But Coach Sharp is not happy that you're wearing it in here' I told him that since I hadn't been disorderly, was there for a valid reason and hadn't committed a crime......was there really any valid reason other than her dislike for my cap? He just smiled and said 'Look man, we deal with this all the time up here. Would you do me a favor and just take it off while you're waiting?' About that time my daughter walked up, ready to walk over to the dorm they were staying in that week. Sharp stood there and watched us all the way to the door. They seem to treat this all like a cross town high school rivalry. I have zero respect for anything Tech. 

Let me get this straight.  Marsha Sharp wanted you to take off your cap?

Edited by Bullneck

44 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

She's a vindictive old dyke, that one.  I've heard that, to this day, she often lurks in the shadows in the Tech rec center, just waiting to pounce on any poor soul wearing UT gear.

She pulled a gun on my brothers sisters cousins uncle daughter for wearing orange flip-flops. I also heard she threw battery-filled tortillas at a bus full of 2nd graders. Fuck Tech!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Let me get this straight.  Marsha Sharp wanted you to take off your cap?

well, yeah and his flannel shirt while they cruised 34th St in his PT Cruiser...

5 hours ago, Dirk X West said:

She's a vindictive old dyke, that one.  I've heard that, to this day, she often lurks in the shadows in the Tech rec center, just waiting to pounce on any poor soul wearing UT gear.

Yep. And later on that night at Abuelo's? I'm pretty sure I saw her spit on my chicken enchiladas. Or at least I think I did. But that would explain why they tasted like stale Virginia Slims and fish. 

But I continue to get the last laugh. Everytime I drive through Lubbock now, I throw a  Rip Griffin 44 oz cup of piss at the Marsha Sharp Freeway sign. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Squid said:

I'm a Tech fan, and granted she did win a national championship, but I always considered Marsha Sharp to be a head case.

Just try wearing a Baltimore Oriole cap to a home Yankee game and see what happens.

43 minutes ago, pigmeat markham said:

I'm a Tech fan, and granted she did win a national championship, but I always considered Marsha Sharp to be a head case.

Just try wearing a Baltimore Oriole cap to a home Yankee game and see what happens.

Is your daughter Elaine Benes?

16 hours ago, Squid said:

Know how I know you’re white?

• Like 2

Iowa State's first football season was 126 years ago. They have been to 13 Bowl Games. 4-9

Tech's first football season was 93 years ago (youngest in the Big 12). They have been to 38 Bowl Games. 14-23-1

Kansas has the oldest FB program in the Big 12 at 128 years old. They have the least amount of Bowl Games at 12.

all from wiki.

Edited by Bash Riprock

Conference          
  Tech   Isu    
  W L   W L
1996 5 3   1 7
1997 5 3   1 7
1998 4 4   1 7
1999 5 3   1 7
2000 3 5   5 3
2001 4 4   4 4
2002 5 3   4 4
2003 4 4   0 8
2004 5 3   4 4
2005 6 2   4 4
2006 4 4   1 7
2007 4 4   2 6
2008 7 1   0 8
2009 5 3   3 5
2010 3 5   3 5
2011 2 7   3 6
2012 4 5   3 6
2013 4 5   2 7
2014 2 7   0 9
2015 4 5   2 7
2016 3 6   2 7
2017 3 6   5 4
2018 3 1   2 2
  94 93   53 134

In 21 of the Big XII Seasons ISU has had 2 seasons over .500 in conference play. 

Edited by Bash Riprock

5 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

I'm still in Kliff's camp but those records cannot be denied.

Spike never had a losing record.

Mike only had one - his first season.

Tommy and Kliff have produced losing records in every single season.

and those records do not change my mind in any way in the fact that we will most likely lose Saturday morning.

4 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

and those records do not change my mind in any way in the fact that we will most likely lose Saturday morning.

I hope not.  I hope Tech is fired up and circled this one on the calendar.  Tech owes Iowa St an embarrassing beatdown.  If KK wins this game I will be ok with him the rest of the season.  Unless he losses to baylor, cause fuck baylor.

5 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

I hope not.  I hope Tech is fired up and circled this one on the calendar.  Tech owes Iowa St an embarrassing beatdown.  If KK wins this game I will be ok with him the rest of the season.  Unless he losses to baylor, cause fuck baylor.

i agree. there are only 2 games that i dont have a good feeling about. i think we have like a 40% chance of beating ISU and OU. I think its a 50-60% chance with UT if its a night game.

3 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Yep. But I don't know about a beatdown. I'm not saying it wouldn't be welcome, obviously. Even though Tech has a large lead in the overall series, the games have usually been pretty competitive save for a few. I expect Saturday to be a dogfight. Tech is gonna have to play really well to get out with a W. 

Defense travels, is the old saying. So I expect to be in the game in Ames this year. 

I really think that KK and the staff are in a position that they havent had in their tenure. Depth and flexibility on defense. Special teams is stable. Offense can gameplan and use all its tools. Line play has been solid so far. 

I like our chances. 

1 minute ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

Defense travels, is the old saying. So I expect to be in the game in Ames this year. 

I really think that KK and the staff are in a position that they havent had in their tenure. Depth and flexibility on defense. Special teams is stable. Offense can gameplan and use all its tools. Line play has been solid so far. 

I like our chances. 

That kinda makes me horny, Linda

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

we had the same mindset going into Stillwater earlier this year. hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised. 

I hope so.  If we were playing ISU in week 4, I would've thought we'd have a good chance.  It's just that, after 7 games they look like the 2017 ISU team again.  

7 hours ago, Dirk X West said:

I actually think the ISU game will the be the hardest game for Tech to win left on the schedule.  Campbell seems to have a really good handle on how to defense Kliff's schemes, they've kicked our ass the last two years and it's in Ames.  I think we would do well just to keep it close.

Nah, Texas is built to kill teams like Tech. OU is ten times the offense of Tech and we owned them.

Edited by Alien Octopus

9 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Leach had 0 losing seasons at Tech

And his time there was during a Texas starting to play some good ball. A OU that was stout as fuck. Missouri has a couple of decent years as did Kansas. Nebraska was taking its down turn but it didn't happen overnight. Colorado was playing decent his early years at tech. And OSU was playing good ball also.. He had an impressive run with tech during the best years the B12 has ever had.

2 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

I do say so. Built to kill the spread see OU game. 

I will agree that we are built to kill the spread.

We have been built to kill the spread ever since the B12 teams migrated to the spread.  Some years have been better than others.  

And i wouldn't consider this year as one where "killed it" and "Texas" fit in the same sentence. We have yet to "kill" anything. 

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

in fact that was the most points and yards UT has given up all year. so far....

You seem like you're confident in our matchup. I bet you would be pissing your pants if that game was in DKR. 

Worry about your own schedule and we'll see you in a few weeks. 

• Fuck You 1