Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

The significance of the '08 game vs Texas may have been bigger but the zenith of the Leach era at Tech and it's peak performance was actually the following weak vs oSu (56-20).

It's amazing that that was Tech's last win vs the Cowboys and it remains the Red Raiders' longest current losing streak against any Big12 team.

I suspect that the streak continues.

Edited by BluTechsan
  • Like 1

Little bored. Thought I would compare schools playing tomorrow with current/past big 12 opponents. OSU's longest winning streak is at 9 against Tech. It's not KU which is suprising. Tech's longest losing streak is against OSU. 

OSU played the Big 8 teams more, obviously. 

Okie State's numbers

39-25-0 vs K State   +14        Losing Streak  of 1
31-18-3 vs ISU         +13         Winning Streak of 6
37-29-2 vs KU          +11         Winning Streak of 8
20-16-0 vs BU          +4           Winning Streak of 1
15-11-2 vs TCU       +4            Losing Streak of 1
5-4-0 vs WVU           -1            Winning Streak 3

21-21-3 vs Tech       E             Winning Streak 9
20-26-1 vs Colo        -6
23-29-0 vs Mizz        -6
10-17-0 A&M            -7
8-24-0  vs TEX        -16           Winning Streak 3
5-37-1 vs Neb          -32
18-87-7 vs OU        -69           Losing Streak 3 

Tech's numbers

18-1-0 vs KU            +17           Winning Streak 11
11-5-0 vs ISU           +6              Losing Streak 2
31-26-3 vs TCU        +5             Losing Streak 1
38-37-1 vs BU          +1             Winning Streak 2
9-9-0 vs KState         E              Losing Streak 2

21-21-3 vs OSU        E               Losing Streak 9
5-5-0 vs Colo              E                
2-5-0 vs WVU           -3              Losing Streak 4
3-6-0 vs Mizz             -3   
4-7-0 vs Neb              -3
32-37-1 vs A&M        -5
6-19-0 vs OU           -9               Losing Streak 6
17-50-0 vs Tex       -33             Current Win Streak 1

W/L since creation of Big 12 in 1996

OSU  99-84

Tech 91-92

Worst Conf Record Finish

OSU 1-7 (00,05)

TTU 2-7 (11,14)

OSU 1 outright Conference Championship, Tech, nada.

In conclusion Gundy is a heck of a coach. Tech needs a heck of a coach.

Edited by Bash Riprock
I think all that is right. 

18 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That doesn't seem like a reasonable take.  You could play a good game and lose to a team that's as good or better than you, and still have a really good season.

Aggy much?

We want to fucking win.  Sick of the see-saw, roller coaster bullshit.  Remember that Tuberville win in Norman?  Neither does anyone else byond Tech fans, because his time at Tech sucked ass.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Aggy much?

We want to fucking win.  Sick of the see-saw, roller coaster bullshit.  Remember that Tuberville win in Norman?  Neither does anyone else byond Tech fans, because his time at Tech sucked ass.

I agree that Kliff and co. can un-do all their good work by laying an egg against WVU, but really, considering that the only two games left where we'll be likely favorites are KU and Baylor (and we could lose to either of them even then), the rest of the season is not about beating any specific team, but more about total number of wins.  This past weekend was awesome - I'm feeling as positive about this program as I have since the end of year one with Kliff where we upset ASU in our bowl game that year - but until we hit 6-7 wins, I'm not gonna get carried away.  A loss against WVU is not a killer, but we have to pull off at least a couple of upsets to get to 7 wins.

Things sure look a whole lot better this week than they did last week, though.  Tech suddenly looks like a much better team than I had thought (I had wondered if they could do against OSU what they did to UH, and it turns out they could), and a lot of other Big 12 teams (like KSU, ISU, TCU and even OU) are looking a lot more beatable than I was expecting before the season started.

24 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

When I see stuff like this, it just makes me think that WVU is gonna kick the shit out of us.  I hope Kliff can keep the players focused.

Agreed.  I was pleasantly surprised with the OSU game but there is no way I'm buying 10-2.  They'll have to prove it to me one game at a time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

In other words, there are no moral victories for us Tech fans anymore.  Win good, lose bad. Period. It is completely dichotomous at this point.

EDIT:  I was responding to Slorch's post.  I should've quoted it.

Correct.  I want immoral victories.

and that chart is the devil’s work.

Edited by slorch

8 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

So if Bowman starts as he should this week against WVU that burns his redshirt and he would potentially be the starter for Tech for the next 4 years.  If that is correct, Duffy should transfer now.  

why would he stay for his 4th if he can go get paid?

I know, I know, but...

1 hour ago, slorch said:

why would he stay for his 4th if he can go get paid?

I know, I know, but...

I'm just saying he clearly should be the starter until he is ready to leave.  I hope if KK sees it that way.  Just with his attrition BS we sometimes see I don't want him to do something stupid like put Carter back in the starting role.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zavala said:

This story on FS1 is making me sick. This kid got off a felony burglary charge and they are acting like he's the victim?

Stupid big12 why does every team we share this conference with constantly embarrass us?

If it was De'Leon Ward, he was indeed a victim of identity fraud/ straight up theft.

52 minutes ago, slorch said:

If it was De'Leon Ward, he was indeed a victim of identity fraud/ straight up theft.

No it was one of these kids.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/16030385/three-former-texas-tech-players-indicted-burglary-charges

He came back and played juco, then came back to Tt where he is a captain and leader. I get the feel good second chance shit but damn they just kept saying how good of a guy he was and just made one teeny mistake wtf.

I was all excited to watch college football inside slant. They say big 12 I'm getting pumped. Then it's this dumbfuck story

Edited by Zavala
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Zavala said:

No it was one of these kids.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/16030385/three-former-texas-tech-players-indicted-burglary-charges

He came back and played juco, then came back to Tt where he is a captain and leader. I get the feel good second chance shit but damn they just kept saying how good of a guy he was and just made one teeny mistake wtf.

Didn't see the show.  Dakota Allen has been a model citizen on and off the field since his return to the Hub City.  He is easily the best defender on a resurgent defensive squad.  Dude doesn't act like a shithead or thuggish. i can't recall him ever running his mouth out there on the field, which I usually dislike.  He went as low as a guy could go.  He fucked up and damned near lost it all, with regard to football.  He has owned that he fucked up and is focused on being great for his Senior year at Tech.

In the grand scheme of things, he made some poor choices.  Society, and Kliff, have determined he paid his dues.  Kliff is no slouch when it comes to team accountability.

Moving on.

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

Didn't see the show.  Dakota Allen has been a model citizen on and off the field since his return to the Hub City.  He is easily the best defender on a resurgent defensive squad.  Dude doesn't act like a shithead or thuggish. i can't recall him ever running his mouth out there on the field, which I usually dislike.  He went as low as a guy could go.  He fucked up and damned near lost it all, with regard to football.  He has owned that he fucked up and is focused on being great for his Senior year at Tech.

In the grand scheme of things, he made some poor choices.  Society, and Kliff, have determined he paid his dues.  Kliff is no slouch when it comes to team accountability.

Moving on.

I guess he stole the guns from a piece of shit drug dealer so it ain't as bad as robbing an innocent family. 

Someone robbed my grand fathers gun safe and he had been getting his guns slowly back over like 15 years, shit sucks. 

Anyway hope he is scared straight or whatever

21 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

Well fuck. I honestly miss the Leach days of no injury reporting, now the defense has the benefit of knowing to prepare more for the rushing attack. 

LOlz.  Whatever the fuck they want to think...

On 9/22/2018 at 11:21 PM, Bash Riprock said:

Capture.jpg

Lulz at that shop!! But that screen is insane!!!

This year is the first I've heard of the Busey vid but how long have the Pokes had that board?

It's a half a week later and I still can't believe how well Tech played and how poorly the Cowboys did. It's the kind of result that gives one hope going forward but it has to be tempered because the 51yr old man's team stunk out loud.

Before last week if I had to pick one win for Tech against oSu and WV, I would have chosen WV. If they somehow end up getting both, well, Holy Shit!!

Pneumothorax from just the collision barotrauma, without rib fracture or blebs-- pretty rare. Did not need a chest tube. Return to play timing highly uncertain because the literature is so thin on this exact problem. Most likely his pain from his bruised ribs will be the guide for his return.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:35 PM, Bash Riprock said:

Little bored. Thought I would compare schools playing tomorrow with current/past big 12 opponents. OSU's longest winning streak is at 9 against Tech. It's not KU which is suprising. Tech's longest losing streak is against OSU. 

OSU played the Big 8 teams more, obviously. 

Okie State's numbers

39-25-0 vs K State   +14        Losing Streak  of 1
31-18-3 vs ISU         +13         Winning Streak of 6
37-29-2 vs KU          +11         Winning Streak of 8
20-16-0 vs BU          +4           Winning Streak of 1
15-11-2 vs TCU       +4            Losing Streak of 1
5-4-0 vs WVU           -1            Winning Streak 3

21-22-3 vs Tech       -1        Losing Streak 1

20-26-1 vs Colo        -6
23-29-0 vs Mizz        -6
10-17-0 A&M            -7
8-24-0  vs TEX        -16           Winning Streak 3
5-37-1 vs Neb          -32
18-87-7 vs OU        -69           Losing Streak 3 

Tech's numbers

18-1-0 vs KU            +17           Winning Streak 11
11-5-0 vs ISU           +6              Losing Streak 2
31-26-3 vs TCU        +5             Losing Streak 1
38-37-1 vs BU          +1             Winning Streak 2
9-9-0 vs KState         E              Losing Streak 2

22-21-3 vs OSU        +1              Winning Streak 1
5-5-0 vs Colo              E                
2-5-0 vs WVU           -3              Losing Streak 4
3-6-0 vs Mizz             -3   
4-7-0 vs Neb              -3
32-37-1 vs A&M        -5
6-19-0 vs OU           -13               Losing Streak 6
17-50-0 vs Tex       -33             Current Win Streak 1

W/L since creation of Big 12 in 1996

OSU  99-84

Tech 91-92

Worst Conf Record Finish

OSU 1-7 (00,05)

TTU 2-7 (11,14)

OSU 1 outright Conference Championship, Tech, nada.

In conclusion Gundy is a heck of a coach. Tech needs a heck of a coach.

FIFY on the current record of the Texas Tech & Oklahoma State series record...

(This is probably my second favorite conference rivalry)...

On 9/26/2018 at 4:06 PM, kopp0e said:

If you squint really hard in the background.....

mH2VcB4.jpg

In those days, however, it was more commonly referred to as a 'flapper's how-do-ya-do', a 'silent generation salute, 'starting the ole Model T' ,  consequently 'Henry Ford's hello', or the newly minted term of calling it a 'Neville Chamberlin'... mostly due to the fact that like Chamberlin, it starts with appeasement but ultimately ends with an explosion and a huge mess on your hands.

Edited by Dnaguy