Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

59 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I am not sure they will be as "awful" at QB as people think because the stupid air raid does not need an amazing QB it needs a guy that is willing to stay in the pocket and make very fast reads and get the ball off quickly even if it is for 2 or 3 yards 

that is why Tech was not all that good with Mahomes and why they were not as bad as people think they were because of Shimmy

and that is why the air raid has never put a decent QB into the NFL with the POSSIBLE exception of Mahomes that under performed at Tech relative to his possible talent......because Mahomes could not be Mahomes while also having success with the air raid that everyone else on the offense was running 

it will be pretty amazing if the thoroughly horrific handling and recruiting of QBs is the downfall of Kliff though.....but again he is stubborn and will live and die running the air raid even if he has players that would be better suited to some other pass oriented offense

Last year's Tech team with Shimonek by past offensive standards was, contrary to your view, pretty bad.  They finished 4th in conference scoring a whole point ahead of Ksu and TCU.

And KK will live and die running the air raid?  We'll see, he said just the other day, they'll be a run first offense this season.  In my mind for that group, that's a potential disaster.  As far as Carter, you did see last year's UT game didn't you?  Not good.  Yeah, a QB with a good arm,  who needs it?

5 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

Ward was freed, but it wasn't due to a technicality.  He didn't do anything.  It was sheer incompetence by Lubbock police.  His roommate, a former walk-on named CJ Hill used Ward's ID and stole cell phones.  

The incident was resolved in June for Ward.  Inexplicably, Lubbock police issued a warrant anyway and he was arrested after a routine traffic stop and further wasnt released in a timely manner even though given paperwork by his lawyer demonstating his non-involvement.  Crazy deal.

Lubbock PD made me feel like the cop haters on here.  Bunch a loose cannons on power trips.

Other agencies seemed 10X as professional when they were writing my speeding tix back in the day.

3 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

There would definitely be a completely different vibe here if Stidham had never switched to Baylor

Well, curious how.  You have 3 NFL QB's on your roster all wanting playing time.  Somebody would have to have left.  Mahomes NFL, Mayfield (Fag) NFL,  Stidham potential NFL  Would he have sat and waited for his shot?  One or 2 of them would have transferred,  Now Tech has kinda whatever at QB.

20 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Well, curious how.  You have 3 NFL QB's on your roster all wanting playing time.  Somebody would have to have left.  Mahomes NFL, Mayfield (Fag) NFL,  Stidham potential NFL  Would he have sat and waited for his shot?  One or 2 of them would have transferred,  Now Tech has kinda whatever at QB.

This.

Stedman would not be in the equation at this point, either way.

Armadillo, that's what I'm ramblin' on about - what if...

What if all 4 of them stayed at Tech? That's already an embarrassment of riches so I'm leaving Jr Michael Brewer out of this. I might be forgetting the stagger on their frosh seasons so let me see if I have this correct.

'13 - Mayfield and Webb

'14 - Mahomes

'15 - Stidham 

Davis played 4 out of 4 yrs - no eligibility left

Baker played 4 out of 5 yrs - no eligibility left

Pat played 3 out 3 yrs - could've played last year and been done or redshirted and had this year left

Jarret lost a transfer year and has played 2 out of 3 yrs. This will be his final year. Even with a redshirt yr at Tech he would be sitting on two seasons left.

Now the ags starting in on the TTU dental school.  Their timing is interesting .  Of course it's not so much themselves they're concerned about, they're just looking out for the state of Texas.  Just like when they wanted to add yet another law school. https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2018/08/25/texas-not-need-another-dental-school

On a separate note, sort of an entertaining behind the scenes look at TT fall camp.

• Like 2

I've been bored and have been looking up random stats on Tech.

As far as I can tell the last time Tech lost to an FBS school was in 1988 to North Texas State (UNT). North Texas State was a Div I-AA in '88. The score was 29-24, played in Lubbock.

Before that, it looks like it was West Texas State (West Texas A&M) in 1962. 30-27 in Lubbock.

As for when the last time we lost to a non-power 5 school? Well, that was last year's loss to South Florida in the Birmingham Bowl. Before that? 2009's loss to Houston. The score was 28-29 and it was played at Robertson Field in Houston. 

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

I've been bored and have been looking up random stats on Tech.

As far as I can tell the last time Tech lost to an FBS school was in 1988 to North Texas State (UNT). North Texas State was a Div I-AA in '88. The score was 29-24, played in Lubbock.

Before that, it looks like it was West Texas State (West Texas A&M) in 1962. 30-27 in Lubbock.

As for when the last time we lost to a non-power 5 school? Well, that was last year's loss to South Florida in the Birmingham Bowl. Before that? 2009's loss to Houston. The score was 28-29 and it was played at Robertson Field in Houston. 

Last time Tech lost to a FBS school was last year. FBS is the old IA. FCS is the old IAA. UNT was still down in IAA when they beat Tech in 1999. And Tech hired some offensive nerd guy after that season, I think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Last time Tech lost to a FBS school was last year. FBS is the old IA. FCS is the old IAA. UNT was still down in IAA when they beat Tech in 1999. And Tech hired some offensive nerd guy after that season, I think.

Wrong. They were back up in IA. My bad.

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

The first game I remember is in '95. I was 14. It was our last ever SWC home game against TCU. Nov. 11th, 1995. We won 27-6.

Saw that one too.  I was in the Tech band that year (my senior year at TTU), but I was suspended for the TCU game due to my minor role in an on the field incident involving the Austin American Statesman "Rex L Bat" bat mascot at the '95 Tech-UT game in Austin, so I watched as a (very drunk) civilian.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

My first game that I remember is the infamous Gap Kid game. I was about 14, my cousin had come into town for the game and that's when I became a Tech fan oh and hate aggy.

i was at that one too. pretty crazy witnessing that. it was really hot that day too.

Reagor-Dykes Bankruptcy Hearing: Bart Reagor subpoenaed, 900 customers affected

Thursday, August 30th 2018, 11:47 am CDTThursday, August 30th 2018, 11:51 am CDT
By Amber Stegall, Digital Content Manager
CONNECT

•  

17521094_G.jpg?auto=webp&disable=upscale
LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) -

In a bankruptcy hearing that began at 9 a.m. for Reagor-Dykes Auto Group, the impact of the bankruptcy could be seen by the number of attorneys in the room. As of 9 a.m., there were at least 18 attorneys present.

Bart Reagor did not appear to be in attendance in the courtroom, but Rick Dykes was there. 

Attorney David Langston issued a subpoena for Bart Reagor to appear and testify in today's hearing. He was hand delivered the subpoena on Monday, Aug. 29. However, he did not testify.

There were at least 15 parties being represented by counsel in the courtroom and there were more present by phone.

The court has passed the majority of the items on today's agenda to the bankruptcy hearings on September 18 and 19. However, the Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO), Robert Schleizer with BlackBriar Advisors, LLC is being called as one of the witnesses, and the only named witness on the schedule.

The second half of the hearing was testimony from Robert Schleizer on the motion to hire Blackbriar as the CRO. He told the court they have focused on securing assets, preserving information, they have retained key staff and have established controls and processes to gather information needed to operate the business. 

900 customers, $6 million in unresolved issues

Schleizer spoke on the 900 transactions that were in process when operations ceased on August 1. He says they have been inundated with problems and calls. He said identifying and resolving the problems has been a large part of the work. The company is down from 700 employees to 117. He says there is a hotline documenting all customer issues.

The phone number is (806) 776-8732, or you can reach out to rdagsupport@reagordykes.com

He said because of the volume of transactions taking place over nine dealerships, we had transactions suspended, payoffs not paid, checks that bounced, new cars without titles, and are getting calls from their old lenders; basically communication had broken down completely.

"We’ve established a database of these problems and are making progress for resolving customer concerns," said Schleizer. He also said of the 900 transactions, they hope to address the first 80 or 90 they think they can deal with within the next three to four weeks. They hope to resolve as many customer issues as possible before September 18.

There is no financing available to RDAG buyers right now, but they hope to change this. Buyers currently have to obtain outside financing or bring cash to purchase a vehicle. They also are not taking in trades unless they have the cash to pay them off.

They also said customers with expired dealer tags, no clear title, and other issues similar - those potential transactions could be unwound. Those issues involve 900 vehicles and exceeds $6 million in unresolved issues.

Schleizer said he believes if they can re-establish some semblance of operations they can sell that inventory and retain some of the value of the businesses.

Schleizer mentioned potential buyers of some or all collateral, the business or businesses. There may be a bid process submitted for approval by Sept. 11, and hope to have a letter of intent to buy one or more dealerships.

Addressing the bankruptcy hearing agenda

During the hearing, the last item on the agenda before the witness testimonies was the motion to hire David Langston and his law firm Mullin Hoard & Brown (MHB) for their work from Aug. 1 to Aug. 21.

The court never approved the hiring of MHB, but it has to be approved by the court before they can be released from their duties and be compensated. The Reagor-Dykes Auto Group Chief Restructuring Officer fired MHB on Aug. 21.

The motion to withdraw was unopposed.

Ford Motor Credit filed an objection, and a special hearing has been requested to give time for the court and the parties and to not distract from today's hearing. It will also allow Reagor-Dykes Auto Group (RDAG) time to broke a compromise between Ford Motor Credit and Mullin Hoard & Brown LLP (MHB).

During that discussion, MHB objected to setting a later date for a special hearing. The judge expressed his concerns over RDAG changing counsel three weeks into the case.

Attorney David Langston told the court he and his law firm have spent 16-18 hours per day since the initial bankruptcy filing. He asked the court to determine if they were still employed by RDAG. He told the court he would like to move forward with the issue before they spend more time on "this case that we will not be compensated for."

Attorneys for Ford Motor Credit did not object to splitting the motion; meaning to rule on the employment of MHB now and will rule on their compensation later. The judge granted the motion.

Judge Robert L. Jones stated in court, "The motion and objection raise issues I would like to address more thoroughly. I'm not interested in any gotcha litigation on this matter. Mr. Langston has successfully confirmed dozens upon dozens of bankruptcy cases in this court."

See the agenda below:

AMENDED NOTICE OF AGENDA FOR HEARING  SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 30, 2018, AT 9:00 A.M. BEFORE THE HONORABLE ROBERT L. JONES AT THE UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT, LOCATED AT 1205 TEXAS AVE., RM 306, LUBBOCK, TEXAS 79401 
This agenda sets forth items in the order the Debtors intend to present to the Court.  The Status of each is set forth below. 

1. Application to Employ BlackBriar Advisors, LLC as Other Professional (Chief Restructuring Officer) (Emergency) [Docket No. 38] - in the hearing today, the U.S. bankruptcy trustee still objects to hiring the CRO.
    a. Objection of the United States Trustee to Debtor’s-inPossession Emergency Joint Application to Employ Chief Restructuring Officer [Docket No. 71]; and 
    b. Objection of Ford Motor Credit Company LLC to Debtor’s Emergency Joint Application to Employ Chief Restructuring Officer [Docket No. 81]. 
    Status:  Docket No. 81 will be withdrawn.  Docket No. 71 will go forward.   
  2. Motion for Relief from Stay Automatic and Request for Shortened Notice and Expedited Hearing [Docket No. 46] filed by Ford Motor Credit Company, LLC.
    Status:  This matter will be passed to September 18, 2018.   
  3. Motion to Appoint Chapter 11 Trustee and Request for Shortened Notice and Expedited Hearing [Docket No. 47] filed by Ford Motor Credit Company, LLC.
  4. Motion for Relief from Stay [Docket No. 82] filed by Manheim Remarketing, Inc. and Online Vehicle Exchange, LLC.
  5. Motion to Intervene in the Motion for Relief from Stay by Manheim [Docket No. 97] filed by Midland Capital Appraisal District and Floyd Central Appraisal District. In today's hearing, Ford Motor Credit agreed to use cash collateral through September 18 per budget, submitted with certain amendments.
  6. Motion to Use Cash Collateral (Emergency) [Docket No. 8] filed by the Debtors. 
    Status:   Ford Motor Credit Company has agreed to use of cash collateral through September 18, 2018, consistent with an agreed budget.  That agreed budget will be attached to a “second interim” order, which will be substantially similar to the “first interim” order.  The next cash collateral hearing will be September 18, 2018.    
  7. Motion to Intervene in the Motion for Relief from Stay by Ford Motor Credit Company, LLC [Docket No. 98] filed by Midland Central Appraisal District and Floyd Central Appraisal District. 
  8. Motion to Intervene in the Motion for Relief from Stay by Manheim [Docket No. 101] filed by Midland County.
  9. Motion to Intervene in the Motion for Relief from Stay by Ford Motor Credit Company, LLC [Docket No. 102] filed by Midland County. 
  10. Motion to Employ Mullin Hoard & Brown LLP, Nunc Pro Tunc, as Counsel for Debtors from August 1, 2018, through August 21, 2018, and to Withdraw as Counsel 
    The motion to withdraw was unopposed.

I too really hope Kliff can piece together a season that'll keep his job at Tech because I believe he is going to be an elite coach someday.

It would really suck to go thru the growing pains with him only to see the payoff and bigtime success happen elsewhere.

I also fully understand that some don't see that same potential at all and that his record speaks for itself.

I would not want Kirby Hocutt's job.

Edited by BluTechsan

7 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

I too really hope Kliff can piece together a season that'll keep his job at Tech because I believe he is going to be an elite coach someday.

It would really suck to go thru the growing pains with him only to see the payoff and bigtime success happen elsewhere.

I also fully understand that some don't see that same potential at all and that his record speaks for itself.

I would not want Kirby Hocutt's job.

I can't think of one off the top of my head, but the Cleveland Browns are a good example of what you speak, as they fired Belichik  in relocating to Baltimore...
So you make a good point and I think Kingsbury can be successful, just needs to tighten the reigns on the defensive side of the ball, but the offensive system is good...

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

It doesn't really matter either way, Kliff should have been fired last year and he's proving why yet again

I feel the same way. Most teams cannot survive their best defender and QB going out in the same game. I get that, but the multiple runningplays into theblitz are just lazy, inept play calling. 

Fuck these refs too.