Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

13 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

On the other hand, A&M isn't either and Sharp, Perry, and Abbott didn't just get off a boatload of goats politically either (sheep maybe?).  As I said, this one will be interesting to watch.

If they didn't jackoff the entire boatload, I'm sure they still serviced a hefty majority.

3 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

In June, Texas A&M Chancellor John Sharp wrote an editorial piece in the Dallas Morning News titled, "Texas doesn't need another veterinarian school."

Interestingly, the same rationale didn't seem to enter his mind when the Ags got themselves a real live law school here a while back.

Just observing here, but basically a state of near 30 million residents could of course, use the additional training facilities of a 2nd program as Tech, just my opinion...

20 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Just observing here, but basically a state of near 30 million residents could of course, use the additional training facilities of a 2nd program as Tech, just my opinion...

Especially as College Station is a very long way from the Panhandle. I have no idea why it is any of A&M's business if Tech's donors give money to Tech to open a new program. But then I haven't read Sharpe's article.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Especially as College Station is a very long way from the Panhandle. I have no idea why it is any of A&M's business if Tech's donors give money to Tech to open a new program. But then I haven't read Sharpe's article.

You look up "aggy" in the thesaurus and the first synonym it lists is "insecure."

Edited by Uncle Nate
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Satchel said:

Really good piece from a very objective source. Everybody from UT to A&M, to Tech to Bill Gates to T. Boone Pickens contribute to it.  Summarizes things very accurately and well.  Thanks for posting the link.  A highly recommended read.

Jesus Christ. A&M is a great school with tons of resources, relatively high standards and a fantastic international reputation. Tech will never, ever, neverever threaten that. It's simply a resource and demand issue. With that in mind, competing with Tech over such an obvious public need bottles the mind.

Much as I like winning, educating 30 million people to lift Texas and the Ignorant-ass populous of the US should be paramount for public schools. A state school actively politicking to educate fewer Texans is fucking regarded.

Leading conveys leadership. Winning feeds ego. A&M literally can't separate the two.

Tonight Pat Mahomes completed the longest pass in the air for the last 2 seasons and pre-seasons combined.

stay healthy my friends...Tyreek and Mahomes.

Edited by slorch

8 hours ago, futureman said:

I’d say his arm is a tick above average. 

Heard it more than once last year that the starters on Chiefs defense would get pissed, but also impressed; because Mahomes would pull some wildass throws as scout team QB.  “Hey Rook, you know the sumbeech we’re playing this week can’t do that shit.”

If he learns ball protection( a must) he’s gonna be dangerous as hell. If he doesn’t, the arm strength will be wasted.

member on Raider Power said they are hearing the CFO of RDAG cannot be located......he was a former employee of Ford Motor Credit and probably knew their weaknesses...I wonder if this could turn out to be another Jody Nelson incident.....if so get ready to buy a lot of gaudy shit at auction!

Edited by ButtFumble

3 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

member on Raider Power said they are hearing the CFO of RDAG cannot be located......he was a former employee of Ford Motor Credit and probably knew their weaknesses...I wonder if this could turn out to be another Jody Nelson incident.....if so get ready to buy a lot of gaudy shit at auction!

giphy.gif

yea even IF it turns out that the CFO was responsible for the shit I don't think Ford Motor Credit is going to think "well shit this bad ass mother fucker with 2 planes and a mansion on 19th street that has a pool and a pond let someone manage his business finances to the point they fucked us for $40+ million so lets let him keep the dealerships because it was the CFO that did it"

add in the threat to put a bullet in someone and relations are going to be hard to mend even if RDAG can prove it was all the CFO

the only possible thing I think that could save RDAG IF it was the CFO is if they can prove that Ford Motor Credit knew the guy was shady when he was at Ford Motor Credit and before he was hired by RDAG and they did not alert RDAG to that 

even then that requires proof it was all on the CFO and that Bad Ass Mother Fucker and Rick did not know what was happening and that Ford Motor Credit had the responsibility to let RDAG know the guy was a pile of shit IF it turns out the CFO is 100% responsible

not to mention the RDAG name is pretty much shit now anyway even IF they can prove it was the CFO

Edited by ButtFumble

4 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

yea even IF it turns out that the CFO was responsible for the shit I don't think Ford Motor Credit is going to think "well shit this bad ass mother fucker with 2 planes and a mansion on 19th street that has a pool and a pond let someone manage his business finances to the point they fucked us for $40+ million so lets let him keep the dealerships because it was the CFO that did it"

add in the threat to put a bullet in someone and relations are going to be hard to mend even if RDAG can prove it was all the CFO

the only possible thing I think that could save RDAG IF it was the CFO is if they can prove that Ford Motor Credit knew the guy was shady when he was at Ford Motor Credit and before he was hired by RDAG and they did not alert RDAG to that 

even then that requires proof it was all on the CFO and that Bad Ass Mother Fucker and Rick did not know what was happening and that Ford Motor Credit had the responsibility to let RDAG know the guy was a pile of shit IF it turns out the CFO is 100% responsible

not to mention the RDAG name is pretty much shit now anyway even IF they can prove it was the CFO

they're selling all the stores and transferring all the franchises per the CRO...they're 100% done ...now for the feds to come in and find where the $46 million dollars went ..and do an investigation on the multiple million dollar check kiting scheme they were running ....and then when people find out the depths they sunk to trying obtain money to keep that thing afloat ....giphy.gif

I was trying to do some math on where they were coming up with all the money bad ass mother fucker had been throwing around and this article popped up right at the top of the search for the number of units bad ass mother fucker motors sold in 2016

http://www.lubbockonline.com/business/news/2017-06-03/reagor-dykes-makes-top-auto-dealer-list

looking at those gross numbers from 2016 it looks like it was all there to make it work then you look at the 700 employees number and you look at the employees per each of the "14" dealerships and you look at the average number of cars sold per employee (20) and that is where it looks like shit went off the tracks

5 or more of their dealerships are just shitty used car lots that are nowhere near what their first lot and their original idea was that started it all and that is just a shit load of employees per the number of cars sold

their fucking overhead must be through the roof it looks like bad ass mother fucker just thought that every piece of pavement that he put his BAMFer dealership name on would perform like their first used car location (back before they even had a new car dealer) and clearly that is not the case so IF this turns out to be as straight forward as it looks and the allegations say then it looks like BAMFer got in a cash squeeze and thought he could spread it out for a period of time before he got all his 5 or 6 shitty little used car dealerships performing like his original one.....of course the issue with that is the above link says 10,000 units were "e-commerce".....well anyone with a brain knows that if you are selling 10,000 of your 14,000 units sold through "e-commerce" then you are not going to get major incremental gains just because you opened up a used car lot on the other side of fucking Lubbock from your first location you are just basically doubling your overhead for no good reason

• Like 1

Kliff must be an emotional basket case at this point, but I am sure those guaranteed millions help somewhat....although I do believe that Kliff wants to have success unfortunately he wants it to be on his terms and his terms are not working and he has taken way to long to realize that

19 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

If the above is true, this perhaps will counter some of the depression and gnashing of teeth of Tech fans related to apparently Carter being the starting QB.  He's awful.

I swear, I think that happened to an OSU player several years ago.  Glad they cleared it up.

Ward was freed, but it wasn't due to a technicality.  He didn't do anything.  It was sheer incompetence by Lubbock police.  His roommate, a former walk-on named CJ Hill used Ward's ID and stole cell phones.  

The incident was resolved in June for Ward.  Inexplicably, Lubbock police issued a warrant anyway and he was arrested after a routine traffic stop and further wasnt released in a timely manner even though given paperwork by his lawyer demonstating his non-involvement.  Crazy deal.

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Overheard Tech fan at work “We are going to be pretty strong this year. We arguably have the best Linebackers in the league” 

I'm a Tech fan, and I have to laugh at that statement.

Plus, we are going to suck at QB.  So there's that.

Caveat:  I'm the Eeyore of Texas Tech football.  I'm like Randy Quaid from Major League II.  

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Overheard Tech fan at work “We are going to be pretty strong this year. We arguably have the best Linebackers in the league” 

Your coworker isn't alone in his assessment of Tech's linebackers.  Best in the Big12? I don't know.  They're definitely in the top two or three LB crews in the conference though.  And Tech was the only school to have three players on the Preseason All Big 12 defense.  It's like living in Bizarro World. 

Edited by Samson's Wig

Given Tech's recent past, it's not hard to understand why some folk might get a chuckle out of the suggestion TT's LBs are the best in the conference.  That said tho, I think they really could be.

I've seen 2 national publications that have Dakota Allen as the top LB in the country.  Likewise, Jordan Brooks as a soph made the coach's honorable mention all conference team--and Riko Jeffers is pressing him for playing time.  Brayden Stringer, who started as a freshman, while providing depth, can't even now sniff any playing time.

i think they're going to be pretty good.  This as opposed to QB, where they are going to be awful.

I am not sure they will be as "awful" at QB as people think because the stupid air raid does not need an amazing QB it needs a guy that is willing to stay in the pocket and make very fast reads and get the ball off quickly even if it is for 2 or 3 yards 

that is why Tech was not all that good with Mahomes and why they were not as bad as people think they were because of Shimmy

and that is why the air raid has never put a decent QB into the NFL with the POSSIBLE exception of Mahomes that under performed at Tech relative to his possible talent......because Mahomes could not be Mahomes while also having success with the air raid that everyone else on the offense was running 

it will be pretty amazing if the thoroughly horrific handling and recruiting of QBs is the downfall of Kliff though.....but again he is stubborn and will live and die running the air raid even if he has players that would be better suited to some other pass oriented offense