Vice Principals

No thread for it, but I think that's because it came out before this site was around. Re-watching it now. This gets wayyy too little recognition for how funny it is.

Eastbound is likely my top series ever, not just for comedy. If not top, then at least top 3-5. But damn if Vice Principals might not edge it out. As much as I love Kenny Powers, Lee Russell might just outdo him. 

I'm also a huge fan of the Jody Hill/McBride setting things in Carolinas. The people they get to fill all the background roles like students and non-characters are spot on to growing up in small town East Texas. 

walton goggins hbo GIF by Vice Principals

22 minutes ago, Pablo said:

This show was really funny, I think we discussed it over here

it was definitely discussed, not sure if it was here or shaggy, but there was a thread.

hilarious fucking show.  mcbride is almost the straight man to goggins' sociopathic character.  fucking hialrious.

"Woooo! This calls for a celebration. Let's get pizza."

"I'm thinking margherita, what say you?"

My wife and I almost exclusively get margherita pizza when we order. Had to pause the show because we couldn't stop laughing.

Damn, I would have lost money had you bet me whether the Vice Principals forum was here or on the old Shaggy. But VP aired in 2016/17 and SB went down in flames in spring 2018. Damn, time flies. We had all sorts of theories on who was the shooter and what not. Too bad that had to turn into a scat site.

But to the OPs point, yes, it’s a great show, odd as hell, no boundaries, and also gave us the ridiculous Edi Patterson as the crazy teacher, who’s gone on to do great work on Gemstones as well. 

Edited by Vito Andolini

37 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I admit it's been years since I've revisited Eastbound.

Shane's funeral scene was what we watched at the office today.

But Gemstones is truly fantastic.

Edited by dcbc

So finished VP, and I gotta agree that Eastbound beats it after watching all the way through. Still, Lee Russell is an absolutely insane character. Neal Gamby does almost play the straight man in that series.

Eastbound... man, I watched that funeral clip and then started to think about all the crazy scenes in that show. It still comes out the winner.