Horrible way to die new stories

crash_davis

12 hours ago, RPM said:

At Tuesday’s city council meeting, a representative of the organization We Are Not Invisible addressed city leaders...

There was an accident at approximately 12:00 p.m. involving the contractor’s tractor and an individual who was not visible and laying in a tall, weeded area. 

I think I see the disconnect here.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

So she got ran over by a brush hog? If that’s the case, how out of it do you need to be in order to not hear the tractor dragging it?

Shit happens to animals all the time during the rut.

It's a hell of an advertisement for the reliability of the all new Dr Fieldmower.  

20 hours ago, RPM said:

Homeless woman dies after being run over by weed mower in California

An organization that supports the unhoused and a family are heartbroken after a landscaping contractor hired by the city of Modesto allegedly drove over and killed a woman who was laying in a field of overgrown vegetation.

“I feel terrible because they killed my daughter,” said Christopher Chavez, the father of 27-year-old Christine, who was unhoused and died Saturday, the day when workers driving a John Deere tractor with a pull-behind mower were cleaning up Beard Brook Park.

Christopher said that he immediately went to the spot where his daughter died after learning about her death.

“There were many pieces of (her remains) around there and I called the police,” Chavez said. “I went there and I still have pieces of bones, like pieces of her skull and some teeth. It’s terrible.”

At Tuesday’s city council meeting, a representative of the organization We Are Not Invisible addressed city leaders, saying that Chavez’s father will not get the opportunity to say goodbye to his daughter at a proper funeral.

Modesto Police Spokeswoman Sharon Bear said city officials believe it is a “terrible accident,” and a detective has returned to the scene to make sure they didn’t miss any details.

At the family home, Christine’s mother and siblings have been gathering to grieve and share their heartbreak and frustration.

“I am sad for what happened to my daughter, and we want justice for the way that she died,” said Josefina Chavez, Christine’s mother.

Christine’s sister, Rosalinda, recalled the moment she saw several remains of her deceased sibling. “…They left big (pieces) of her all over the place, just covered up with the grass. We have to go see the place because we wanted some kind of closure, and to be right there, looking at the ground, and then all of a sudden, seeing (pieces) of her, is horrible.”

E & J Gallo Winery, which owns Beard Brook Park, issued a statement, saying, “Gallo acquired the Beard Brook Park property in Modesto on Friday, July 7, 2023. On Saturday, July 8, 2023, a landscaping contractor was hired to perform weed abatement and fire prevention services. There was an accident at approximately 12:00 p.m. involving the contractor’s tractor and an individual who was not visible and laying in a tall, weeded area. The contractor immediately contacted the Modesto Police Department, and upon arrival, MPD officers declared the individual was deceased.”

OK, If you want justice for your daughter that was sleeping in an overgrown field, WTF didn't you let her live with you or find her a place? Because you couldn't make money off of it and you found out E&J Gallo bought the land the day before? No, that certainly couldn't be the reason.

City of Austin:
mark-cuban-shark-tank.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think this is a grotesque kind of way to die but just shitty that some crazy bitch maybe killed friends and family by feeding them poisonous mushrooms.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/3-dead-wild-mushrooms-family-lunch-australia-erin-patterson-investigated/

Australian police on Wednesday were trying to figure out how three people died and a fourth became critically ill after apparently eating wild mushrooms at a family lunch.

Homicide detectives have been investigating the case. Police have interviewed the woman, identified by the BBC as Erin Patterson, who they say cooked the meal at her home on July 29 but didn't become ill herself. Police released her without filing any charges but say she remains a suspect.

Patterson told media outside her home in the town of Leongatha, in Victoria state, that she didn't know what had happened.

"I didn't do anything," she told Network Nine on Monday. "I loved them and I'm devastated they're gone."

Patterson declined to answer questions about what meals were served to which guests or the origin of the mushrooms.

Victoria Police Det. Inspector Dean Thomas said it wasn't clear what type of mushrooms the guests had eaten, but their symptoms were consistent with those from a death cap, a particularly deadly variety.

He said it would take some time to determine what happened and police were keeping an open mind.

"It could be very innocent but, again, we just don't know," Thomas said.

Patterson had been hosting her in-laws, Gail and Don Patterson, both aged 70. Both died at area hospitals. Also at the lunch were Gail Patterson's sister Heather Wilkinson, 66, who died, and husband Ian Wilkinson, 68, a Baptist pastor. He remains in a critical condition in hospital, awaiting a liver transplant, BBC News reported.

Thomas said the woman who cooked the meal was separated from her husband but police had been told their relationship was amicable. Her children were also at home during the lunch but did not eat the same meal, police said.

Detectives searched the woman's home on Saturday and took several items. The Sydney Morning Herald reported that police were also conducting forensic tests on a food dehydrator they had found at a nearby landfill to see if it was linked to the case.

Edited by crash_davis

Those people obviously were not well versed in confined-space training.  Rule 1, never go into a confined space without knowing exactly what the conditions are.  Granted, I doubt they had their handy gas sniffer with them, but if you come up on a deep hole and realize there's a dead dog and a dead buddy in there... that's your clue that something is most awry.  Never ever ever go in after someone else unless you want to be another casualty.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

"I'd rather burn in at 200 mph and have some laughs than to eat it in a car accident. I mean, that's a really dumb way to go."

Video off SUV back window. He was coming in kinda hot.

https://www.clickorlando.com/video/news/2023/10/08/skydiver-dies-in-titusville-firefighters-say-2/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=wkmg6

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dead-skydiver-front-lawn-titusville-florida/

A neighbor's surveillance video captured an SUV window's reflection, showing the skydiver descending before making a hard landing on the lawn, WKMG reported.

• 5 months later...

Don't fuck with Buddha. 

https://www.asiaone.com/asia/man-thailand-goes-rampage-temple-gets-impaled-buddha-statue

A man in Thailand who went on a violent rampage at a temple in the Chonburi province died after being impaled by a Buddha statue. 

On Feb 27, the 49-year-old man, who went by the name Ek, had taken methamphetamine in the temple with his friend - a monk at the temple who goes by the name Best, reported Thai media outlet Thaiger.

Ek then attacked Best with a fluorescent tube. While the latter ran away to seek help, Ek went on to smash statues in the temple, before fleeing into the main hall.

When the police arrived at the temple, Ek had locked all the doors and windows in the main hall, preventing officers from entering.

When they broke down the door and entered the main hall, the police found Ek lying in a pool of blood, with a Buddha statue pierced through his chest.

According to investigations, he had tried to climb and deface the largest statue in the hall but slipped and fell, landing on the sharp end of another statue below, South China Morning Post reported on Wednesday (March 13).

The statue's head had pierced his heart and lungs.

16 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Don't fuck with Buddha. 

https://www.asiaone.com/asia/man-thailand-goes-rampage-temple-gets-impaled-buddha-statue

A man in Thailand who went on a violent rampage at a temple in the Chonburi province died after being impaled by a Buddha statue. 

On Feb 27, the 49-year-old man, who went by the name Ek, had taken methamphetamine in the temple with his friend - a monk at the temple who goes by the name Best, reported Thai media outlet Thaiger.

Ek then attacked Best with a fluorescent tube. While the latter ran away to seek help, Ek went on to smash statues in the temple, before fleeing into the main hall.

When the police arrived at the temple, Ek had locked all the doors and windows in the main hall, preventing officers from entering.

When they broke down the door and entered the main hall, the police found Ek lying in a pool of blood, with a Buddha statue pierced through his chest.

According to investigations, he had tried to climb and deface the largest statue in the hall but slipped and fell, landing on the sharp end of another statue below, South China Morning Post reported on Wednesday (March 13).

The statue's head had pierced his heart and lungs.

Some might call this Karma.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

An incredible story. Glad she didn't die but damn. Well worth the read.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/cougar-attack-washington-state-cyclists

An autopsy of the wild cat revealed it was between nine months to a year old. It was healthy, and its body showed no signs of physical distress. It did not have rabies.

Why the wild cat attacked Bergere will remain unknown.

The autopsy solved one mystery, however: Where Bergere's earring disappeared to.

Sgt. Carlo Pace of Washington Fish & Wildlife Police asked Bergere if she was missing an earring. They had found one in the cougar's belly.

Did she want it back? Sgt. Pace asked.

“Absolutely,” she said. Bergere said she would hang it, as a souvenir of sorts, and a testament to her friends’ courage.

“All these ladies came up with superhuman strength,” she said. “They’re teeny ladies, and I know that the Fish & Wildlife shot the final shot to kill it. But these ladies killed that cougar with their bare hands and no weapons. I’m eternally grateful to each one of them.”

On 3/14/2024 at 12:43 PM, Dnaguy said:

Never. Ever. Ever. Enter a confined space without first checking the atmoshpere.

You can't SEE a hypoxic environment.

You know what they call that explosive pocket of air at the top of a chip bag?

Snackmosphere.

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

An incredible story. Glad she didn't die but damn. Well worth the read.

https://www.kuow.org/stories/cougar-attack-washington-state-cyclists

An autopsy of the wild cat revealed it was between nine months to a year old. It was healthy, and its body showed no signs of physical distress. It did not have rabies.

Why the wild cat attacked Bergere will remain unknown.

The autopsy solved one mystery, however: Where Bergere's earring disappeared to.

Sgt. Carlo Pace of Washington Fish & Wildlife Police asked Bergere if she was missing an earring. They had found one in the cougar's belly.

Did she want it back? Sgt. Pace asked.

“Absolutely,” she said. Bergere said she would hang it, as a souvenir of sorts, and a testament to her friends’ courage.

“All these ladies came up with superhuman strength,” she said. “They’re teeny ladies, and I know that the Fish & Wildlife shot the final shot to kill it. But these ladies killed that cougar with their bare hands and no weapons. I’m eternally grateful to each one of them.”

cougars