2023 Hall of Fame thread

Beau Vine

On 1/25/2023 at 6:19 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

Glad to see Beltran is off to a good start. In that half-season he was an Astro for the first time, he was the best all-around player I'd ever seen for Houston, especially in the playoffs, when he was otherworldly.

Carlos Beltran never led the league in a single offensive category in his 20 years in MLB.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 6:19 AM, MaybeACoordinator said:

Glad to see Beltran is off to a good start. In that half-season he was an Astro for the first time, he was the best all-around player I'd ever seen for Houston, especially in the playoffs, when he was otherworldly.

He wound up holding or being tied for the single postseason HR record for 16 years and did it all by the end of the NLCS.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a dude that locked in before then.

Yeah, it's a mixed bag in terms of how the HOF voters take into account post-season work.  I didn't grow up with the Astros like many of y'all, but I appreciate what they've done as a body of work.  And Beltran's 2004 post-season was just fucking ridiculous.  20 for 46, 6 steals in 12 games, 8 bombs, 11 XBH, 9 walks, 21 runs scored.  Absolutely stupid..  And against ATL & STL, not exactly garbage pitching staffs.  

Anyway, Rolen deserved to get in given the 3b roster in there already.  Congrats to him and I hate the Cards.  Next year will be much more rich with intrigue and drama.  Here's to it...

Edited by YGIFS