USMNT 2023

ztejas

I agree, good save. But a low PK halfway to the post wasn't great. Not high enough or not right enough or not center enough depending on what his intent was. I doubt that was the intended spot.

Regardless though, calm cool collected rebound finish though, which is something he's been great at since his days at Dortmund.

16 hours ago, The Dog said:

13 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

Better than relegated Leeds. 

That's my best attempt at optimism.

Time to give Pulisic the arm band full time, because you really need your captain to be playing with his club. 

Also, this could be the excuse to go to a Musah/McKennie double pivot behind Reyna playing the #10, leaving Tyler Adams to come in for Musah or McKennie to close out games. 

10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Time to give Pulisic the arm band full time, because you really need your captain to be playing with his club. 

Also, this could be the excuse to go to a Musah/McKennie double pivot behind Reyna playing the #10, leaving Tyler Adams to come in for Musah or McKennie to close out games. 

Adams will play for Chelsea whether he starts or not, he will still start for the NT and he will still wear the arm band. He was playing too much last season for Leeds, anyway. 

Pulisic was struggling for time last season then he came in and kicked Mexico and Canada's asses in Nation's League.

The ceiling for TA at Chelsea is through the fucking roof. The floor is obviously concerning but let's only worry about crossing that bridge if we get to it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I wonder why. Assume they do physicals as part of a transfer? Maybe something turned up no bueno.

Theory that I've seen that makes the most sense is that Brighton wants him and isn't going to sell Caicedo to Chelsea if they sign TA. 

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'd love to see JF in the Championship.

Jesús Ferreira?

Johnny Futebol?

Jesus Fucking (in the Championship)?

8 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Sargent Goal!

#9-1!!

1) Sargent

2) Wright

3) Pefok

4) Ferreira

5) Vazquez

6) Pepi

7) Balogun

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 1

TIL release causes expire.

Adams' expired yesterday so he's at Leeds for now.

Probably not a bad thing for both Tyler and Leeds - if he comes back from the hammy and plays well Leeds might get even more for him in the next window and Adams is guaranteed a lot of minutes. Just MHO.

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

TIL release causes expire.

Adams' expired yesterday so he's at Leeds for now.

Probably not a bad thing for both Tyler and Leeds - if he comes back from the hammy and plays well Leeds might get even more for him in the next window and Adams is guaranteed a lot of minutes. Just MHO.

Adams at Brighton would likely be better than at Leeds, unless the Leeds manager/coaching staff can find a way to improve his passing to advanced teammates looking to attack.

The Javier Mascherano career arc of skill improvement would be wonderful.