Poker Face on Peacock

Texzilla58

On 2/17/2023 at 7:24 PM, CurlyDumps said:

I keep wondering when she's going to reflect on that herself. "Man, sure is weird that every time I show up in a new town, somebody gets murderered. It's like I'm in a TV show or somethin."

do you like when shows do stuff like this?  does anyone?

On 2/17/2023 at 7:27 PM, CurlyDumps said:

Seriously though, this show had to have been called "Bullshit" at one time, right? I bet Peacock made him change it.

likely.  there's a howie mandel game show on netflix called bullshit that just came out so that was probably part of it.

likely.  there's a howie mandel game show on netflix called bullshit that just came out so that was probably part of it.

Bullshit came out last year and I think it’s Mandela best show. Penn and Teller had a show called Bullshit as well years ago. And our politicians have been spewing bullshit at us for hundreds of years. I would like to see Charlie on cnn just commenting on everyone’s bullshit.

22 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I am not close enough to Hollywood to fully have grokked it in real time,  but apparently ep 8 was a hit job on Kathy Kennedy, who fired Rian off the Star Wars stuff.  

Not sure who to hate more. Kennedy or The Last Jedi Rian Johnson. 

Leia Mary Poppins was really, really bad. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don't buy that at all. Sounds like more fanboi supposition. He was never fired but his Netflix deal did push back his involvement in future Star Wars movies. Bob Iger wanting more Star Wars movies in theaters might help him but Lucasfilm already said they're going away from more trilogies and only doing stand alone films like Taika Waititi's one that still being written. 

Yet, Johnson remains interested in staying in the Star Wars universe: “It would break my heart if I were finished if I couldn’t get back in that sandbox at some point,” he told Empire in August. The problem, as Johnson sees it, is not funding or intention but rather, “a matter of schedule and when it can happen.”

He echoed this most recently in an interview with Variety, confirming that he’s “talked to Kathy [Kathleen Kennedy] about it and we’re still talking about it…I had such an amazing experience making The Last Jedi. It’s entirely a matter of scheduling. For me, putting [Glass Onion] out and making the next one of these…the answer is I don’t know.”

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, mdmost said:

I don't buy that at all. Sounds like more fanboi supposition. He was never fired but his Netflix deal did push back his involvement in future Star Wars movies. Bob Iger wanting more Star Wars movies in theaters might help him but Lucasfilm already said they're going away from more trilogies and only doing stand alone films like Taika Waititi's one that still being written. 

Right on que

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I thought the finale was a bit of a letdown but it was going to be tough topping episode 9. Great series. Sets up nicely for season 2. 

After the finale, I made my girlfriend watch Slums of Beverly Hills, so she could see what Natasha looked like before she turned into an old bag lady with a 3 pack/day habit.

Spoiler

Slums of Beverly Hills (1998)

• 3 weeks later...