Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

WTF do they not keep him in there?  He's retired all six hitters he faced (or 6 of 7?).  If it ain't broke why fix it?  What was the logic behind such two-game-costing moronic decisions?

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nothing like hearing all series long about the sellouts and the fans, without mentioning how many of them are Houston fans. Buechele finally mentioned it a minute ago but come on with that shit. 

Sorry, but each of those Houston fans can go fuck themselves.  

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Already answered, it's not a big mystery. 

Not only that. Going back to 2019. He's only had 2 or three other games that he pitches multiple innings and all were 1.1 innings. Without looking, I'm guessing those were situations where he came in the 8th to clean up a mess and finished the 9th. I'll look later when I have more time

With someone who throws 100+mph I don't think you want them going more that one inning of relief. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DougO said:

Thankfully, I wasn't able to watch the game today. Perez seems like he's about lost it, at least against decent hitting teams.

Glenn otto not be in the major leagues.

Perez was sporting a 5.4 ERA over his last 10 going into today and then hung up 6 in 1.1.

He's had some nice starts in there but the every other game meltdown isn't ideal.

Not that he's the only issue. We haven't consistently played worth a shit in any phase for about a month now. 

Rumor is the Pirates are keying on hs OF Max Clark to avoid Crews and Skenes bonus demands. Good news for the Rangers as we sit 4th in a draft with 3 prospects that look clearly head and shoulders above the rest. Langford looked like a stud in the CWS

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1