Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Had it muted. What were they arguing about?

This makes the most sense based on what we saw. Don’t fuck with his routine. 

The Athletics game feed says he was not happy that the ump said he had one more warm up pitch, but then he didn’t allow him to take that pitch 

He also had a timer violation called to start the inning, so that all ties together. 

Edited by shadow_operative2.0

I know hitting MLB pitching is extremely difficult, but when I look at Huff I wonder why he has struggled so much.  

There aren't many moving parts.  He's quick through the zone. It's a short swing with 80 power.  I know there's more to it then that. Man if he could hit .270.

I hope he can figure it out.

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Wally sucks everywhere, he knows I can’t stand him. For him to come into this thread this season only is obviously gonna piss a few of us off. Not to mention he is the fucking king of Captain Obvious with everything he posts. 

I get it, douche, you're the superfan of all Rangers superfans. Happy for you. Beneath your altar there can still be other fans of the team. Matters little whether you believe they've been for awhile or not. 

Just enjoy the ride. Move on.   

I’ve ignored the fuck out of you for weeks, except to correct 8 of 9. If you didn’t want my attention, you shouldn’t have asked for it. Now I’m back to fucking with you. 

And just for the record, Fear & I have known each other outside the internet for 2 decades, so we can talk all the fucking shit we want to each other. 

• Like 1

I can't wait to see how few fans are in the stadium today for a day game. I'd imagine it will be the total opposite of the crowd I saw last Thursday in San Francisco. 

I know moving to Vegas is what's happening and why it needs to happen but do we really think a new stadium is going to make these owners less of the cheapskates they already are? 

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I’ve ignored the fuck out of you for weeks, except to correct 8 of 9. If you didn’t want my attention, you shouldn’t have asked for it. Now I’m back to fucking with you. 

And just for the record, Fear & I have known each other outside the internet for 2 decades, so we can talk all the fucking shit we want to each other. 

giphy.gif

DMN is paywall’d fool, I promise most on this thread don’t subscribe. Quote that shit instead of a link. 

At this rate, is it possible that Jonah Heim ends up having gained games from being on the injured list. The timeline for his potential return is moving so fast, it’s almost like he’s stepped into a time machine.

On Wednesday morning, manager Bruce Bochy said Heim would face live batting practice during the Rangers’ upcoming weekend series in San Francisco, putting him in line for a possible return to the lineup, albeit strictly as a left-handed hitter, early in the week-long homestand that begins Monday. It was a change from where the Rangers were only 18 hours earlier when Bochy said Heim would face live pitching starting next week.

Since Heim suffered a torn tendon sheath in his left wrist on July 26 at Houston and the Rangers initially feared a five-week absence - if not season-ending surgery - the timeline has continued to shrink. Wednesday marked just two weeks and 12 games since he suffered the injury. Bochy also said it was possible Heim could return without a rehab assignment. Shortstop Corey Seager returned from a thumb injury without a rehab assignment, though the Rangers have given him two off days in the week since he came back. Seager was out of the lineup for Wednesday afternoon’s game.

“I think you’re just talking about where they’re at and how they’re feeling,” Bochy said of Heim’s advancing timeline. “He says he’s not feeling anything. He’s catching bullpens. He’s swinging the bat. We started off with dry swings and he said ‘I don’t feel anything.’ So you let him go. You never know how guys are going to come back from an injury.”

Heim took batting practice off hitting instructor Tim Hyers on Tuesday without any issues and returned for more on Wednesday. He also ran the bases and did defensive work. He’s “checked off all the boxes,” catching instructor Bobby Wilson said.

The Rangers, however, will only ask Heim to come back in a part-time role. The switch hitter will swing only from the left side for the foreseeable future since the left hand is not dominant on the swing. Bochy said he would likely not use Heim against a left-handed pitcher in a left-on-left matchup, though he would not necessarily be opposed to letting him face a lefty from the left side if an opponent makes a pitching change.

Such an arrangement would also create more playing opportunities for right-handed-hitting Mitch Garver, who has fared well in Heim’s absence. Garver was hitting .347/.429/.592/1.020 for his last 14 games. Garver had caught five of the last six games, but was off Wednesday.

In other injury updates:

Corey Seager: After playing the first two games of the series, Seager (sprained thumb) got Wednesday off. Seager was also off Sunday against Miami. Combined with Thursday’s off day for the team, Seager will get three off days in a five-day stretch. Seager is hitting .385 with four homers in six games since coming back from the IL, but managing the thumb will be an ongoing process.

Bochy said the day off was not caused by any new issue. The Rangers had planned to give him the Wednesday-Thursday two-day break.

“It’s really amazing how he’s able to do some things he’s doing right now with that,” Bochy said. “If he needs a day, we said that going in we were going to give it to him. And we’re sticking with the plan.”

Nathan Eovaldi: Eovaldi, who has not pitched since July 18, threw about 15-20 pitches off the mound Wednesday morning in a light bullpen. He may throw a more rigorous session over the weekend in San Francisco

15 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Wally wellness check?

New math, may settle for 8 of the last 9.  

Vegas closed today at -269. Vegas assumed something other than 2 hits in a BP game for the opponent. 

Still 2 innings left. The trash did it yesterday in Baltimore.

It's not over. 

Edited by Wally Pryor

The Rangers are expected to add outfielder J.P. Martinez to their big league roster ahead of their weekend series in San Francisco, a person familiar with the club’s thinking said Wednesday.

Martinez, 27, was hitting .311/.435/.558/.993 at Triple-A Round Rock in what has been a big breakthrough yer for the Cuban outfielder who was the Rangers consolation prize in the international market after missing out on Shohei Ohtani ahead of the 2018 season.

Martinez received a $2.8 million bonus when he signed in March, 2018. The Rangers had extra international money after Ohtani bypassed their bid for his services and signed with the Los Angeles Angels.

Martinez is not on the 40-man roster. The Rangers will have to make a move on the 40-man roster in order to accommodate him.

We have 50+ hours to worry about this, but Zeke's hand will play a part.