Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

Bochy said he took it off his elbow in the postgame presser

Yes, it hit his elbow and ricocheted to Jung at third and he threw the guy out. We are wondering if maybe he flinched trying to avoid getting hit and tweaked his back. For those of us Gen X’ER’s know what it’s like to get a Charley horse trying to kick the covers off, we can easily see it happen.
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

If Adolis can’t go, keep Carter at fourth and have Garver protecting Seager imo. It ain’t much but it’s all we got.

Maybe so. I like Heim batting from right side of plate also.

Both HRs this postseason from right.

Just now, C-Man said:

Albert Pujols on MLB.com seems to think there’s a good chance we’ve seen the last of Adolis in the Series.

Ugh.

Fuck pujols.

• Hook 'Em 4

I’m in a mild panic right now thinking about injuries plus limited bullpen on a bullpen day. Pyrrhic victory indeed.  Me: I think a new, different kind of bowling should be "carpet bowling." It's just like regular bowling, only the lanes are carpet instead of wood. I don't know why we should do this, but my God, we've got to try something!

16 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I’m in a mild panic right now thinking about injuries plus limited bullpen on a bullpen day. Pyrrhic victory indeed.  Me: I think a new, different kind of bowling should be "carpet bowling." It's just like regular bowling, only the lanes are carpet instead of wood. I don't know why we should do this, but my God, we've got to try something!

Maybe. But winning tonight means at the absolute worst, the Rangers are getting to six games, which means Eovaldi and Montgomery will each get one more start. Win those two and you’re world champs. Drop one and you’ve got either Max Scherzer or Jon Gray to start G7.

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

2 to 3 isn’t that big of a deal. Historically, 3 hole is your best hitter so he fits there, especially if Adolis can’t go.

hey, somebody who understands baseball.  if it is a lefty might move jung up in front of heim and lowe down in front of Taveras. 

semien needs a change too and you aren't dropping him to 5th or 6th. 

Edited by dcar00

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

hey, somebody who understands baseball.  if it is a lefty might move jung up in front of heim and lowe down in front of Taveras

Two old guys screaming 3-hole! is so comical. 

C-Man has admitted he stopped following the sport for a decade, & dcar physically gets upset when the Rangers win. 

hey, somebody who understands baseball.  if it is a lefty might move jung up in front of heim and lowe down in front of Taveras. 
No. Your best hitter bats second. Period. Your #1 and #2 hitters will come up to bat many more times than your #s 3 thru 5. And you want him up there with less than 2 outs because it gives the guys after him a chance to move him. You need a good hitter #3 to protect #2. Carter's not going to leadoff to let Mitch bat after Corey. Also your #9 guy can't be slow.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Scioscia of all people, a clear ‘old-school’ baseball guy, was smart enough to do this with Trout. 

thats because his 3 hole was Albert Pujols and Trout was batting leadoff before that.

If Garcia is hurt who is going to protect Seager?  If Semien could hit above the mendoza line this is a non issue.

My guess is he will move evan to 3rd and leave seager at 2nd so you'll be happy.

I get that Marcus is in a slump at a bad time but you gotta remember this happens in baseball to everyone. He'll snap out of it, hopefully in time to contribute to a ring. You want some hope? Just look at his career numbers. He is an amazing player on defense and offense. When he gets hot at the plate he's hotter than early 2000s johnny Damon. Pray that happens soon.

3 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
12 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

No. Your best hitter bats second. Period. Your #1 and #2 hitters will come up to bat many more times than your #s 3 thru 5. And you want him up there with less than 2 outs because it gives the guys after him a chance to move him. You need a good hitter #3 to protect #2. Carter's not going to leadoff to let Mitch bat after Corey. Also your #9 guy can't be slow.

Leody is #9

Garver is hitting .344 v lefties

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

I get that Marcus is in a slump at a bad time but you gotta remember this happens in baseball to everyone. He'll snap out of it, hopefully in time to contribute to a ring. You want some hope? Just look at his career numbers. He is an amazing player on defense and offense. When he gets hot at the plate he's hotter than early 2000s johnny Damon. Pray that happens soon.

slump doesn't begin to describe marcus

21 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Two old guys screaming 3-hole! is so comical. 

C-Man has admitted he stopped following the sport for a decade, & dcar physically gets upset when the Rangers win. 

It wasn’t a decade. Pretty sure I never said that. I did pretty much shut it down during COVID’s dumb 60-game season replete with ghost runners in extra innings, “openers” and so on, at least on a daily basis. For the first time in my life, there were players I had no idea who they were. Between COVID and our computer baseball league folding, the Rangers being terrible and games being interminably long, I lost some interest. They’ve fixed a lot of what I didn’t like, especially the Rangers not being good.

16 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
25 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I won’t argue the analytics with those of you who have obviously dived deep with them. I personally don’t think there’s a huge difference between 2nd and 3rd, certainly not like 1st and cleanup. But every single game Seager has played this year has been in the #2 hole so I don’t see a huge argument to move him in the event Adolis can’t go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TexasGary said:

At one point during the season Heaney was our best pitcher. He can be again.

He might be better if he prepares as a starter with his regular routine, get in a few innings then hand it to Dunning. Doesn't seem like he's been that great coming in the middle of the game. Bradford is capable of doing a good job as well.