Shane Gillis

shadow_operative

his story is hilarious (he has an absolutely stacked resume full of stuff he never actually did), and all around he just seems like the most regular guy comedian ever. i love his style, just super relatable. his standup special from austin was great. this story of his kills me every time though:

really really like this guy. i hope he becomes a mainstay in austin with joe rogan's new comedy club and running. i saw that he's already performed there once, so maybe it'll happen. 

• 8 months later...
6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

$100 for a stand up show is up there as well

i saw louis ck 10-11 years ago here and his policy was great: all tickets to all shows are $50, first come, first serve. anyone caught trying to sell tickets in a secondary market for more than face value loses those tickets. it was louie’s policy to make sure that his actual fans were able to get in the building for a reasonable price.

• 1 month later...

Saw him back when he came to Houston....good shit. I love super offensive comedians.

Crazy hes getting to host SNL seeing as though they fired him like 4 years ago. Now they come running back lol.

His free youtube special from around that time was pretty funny also...i just watched it last week.

On 2/4/2024 at 4:31 AM, shadow_operative said:

Good stuff from both parties. The cancel culture was at a peak when he was fired before he started, but it worked out for him.

Also, still the greatest apology-non-apology ever:

Minutes after it was announced that new cast member Shane Gillis had been fired from Saturday Night Live over his history of racist and homophobic comments, the disgraced comedian took to social media to speak his mind.

“It feels ridiculous for comedians to making serious public statements but here we are,” Gillis wrote on Monday, using what appears to be a notes app on his phone. “I’m a comedian who was funny enough to get SNL. That can’t be taken away. Of course I wanted an opportunity to prove myself at SNL, but I understand it would be too much of a distraction. I respect the decision they made. I’m honestly grateful for the opportunity. I was always a [MADtv] guy anyway.”