2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

I like chas, but drew is the future and we need a arm. Bad 

Counterpoint - by keeping Chas…we ensure that we have an above-average everyday player for the rest of 2023 (our offense needs all hands on deck now). Then we have a great all-around OF with Chas, Gilbert, Tucker when Gilbert is ready next year; Yordan DHs like he should; offense is stronger. 

Obviously we should move Chas in the right deal; I’m struggling to find starting pitching that is likely to be available (from teams out of contention) that get you similar value to Chas. Obviously the other team could add prospects or whatever, but in the context of 2023 that makes less sense to do for the Astros. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

12 minutes ago, Honeysucklerose said:

I’m out. See y’all after the break. These scrubs don’t deserve our time

this reads like a yelper elite restaurant review with the cliched "we won't be back." 

Edited by Gourmand
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Not great Bob. Still, we were talking about with the pitching so dinged and the offense pretty marginal without Altuve and Yordan being afraid of a 1-5 or 2-4 finish. 3-3 and picking up a game on the Rangers is just fine. 
need to get healthy. 

We need to get healthy and Yainer Diaz needs to start catching a majority of games.