2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

3 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Just so we’re all clear here…Dusty is sitting Chas McCormick while starting Corey Julks and Bligh Madris.

He plays Julks as frequently (if not more) as he plays Chas. Julks has a career 90 wRC+.

Madris has a 92 wRC+ this year…in triple-motherfucking-A. He starts at DH. Read that all again.

Meanwhile, Chas has a 120 wRC+ this year and 112 for his career. He sits today (and many days), for a team without its best hitter, which has been struggling to score runs.

Dusty has to fucking go. We aren’t even trying to win. I’ve never seen this much effort devoted to ensuring that a bunch of quad-A players get significant playing time for what is supposed to be a good team.

Julks has been playing well lately, last 5 games 0.267, 0.450, 0.533, runs scored and rbi.  Lots of very good catches too and a throwout at home plate. He's earned a starting job. 

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Why isn't Chas playing every day?

I don't feel like doing the research for you, but if I was a betting man Dusty has probably said it has something to do with keeping him healthy after his IL stint.