San Antonio Spurs 2023 Offseason - Voodoo Dolls and Ping Pong Balls

Mitch Cumsteen

5 minutes ago, Hate said:

He looks a little out of shape.

2 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

You can imagine how he has been flying all over, doing interviews, getting endorsement deals, slapping a bitch. He has had other focuses the last month.

He isn't out of shape. Jesus. He's adjusting to high-level American basketball. 

5 minutes ago, MrBig said:

The Spurs need Chip Engelland back to teach everyone how to shoot better.

5 minutes ago, Hate said:

Barlow can’t make a layup and then compounds that with a stupid foul.

Hey guys this is a summer league game. We aren't down 2-1 to Phoenix in the conference semis. 

That bucket was 100% Wemby. He puts his hand up at the top of the arc and the pass is adjusted and as a result the pass doesn't land where it's supposed to and its a turnover and a fast break bucket. 

I'm telling y'all. This is like Kareem entering the league. He's going to break game plans. 

1 minute ago, kingkoopa6 said:

God damn Kai 

Just took his virginity 😄

I'll root for Kai Jones but so far he's displaying a bunch of shit that won't be useful in the league. 

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What?

Either of these teams would fucking destroy the best D1 Men's team. 

Yes. If they had more than a week of playing time together. Which they don’t. This is a sloppy product on the court. That’s all. 

2 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Yes. If they had more than a week of playing time together. Which they don’t. This is a sloppy product on the court. That’s all. 

This is an absurdly high level of basketball. It doesn't matter if it's sloppy or not. These are 20 of the best 1,000-1,200 players in the world. 

There are guys in the French league that would cut a nut off to play in the NBA summer league. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is an absurdly high level of basketball. It doesn't matter if it's sloppy or not. These are 20 of the best 1,000-1,200 players in the world. 

There are guys in the French league that would cut a nut off to play in the NBA summer league. 

I didn’t know you were such a lifelong fan of the beautiful game being played in the Summer League. Sorry if I impugned such a great league. 

2 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

I didn’t know you were such a lifelong fan of the beautiful game being played in the Summer League. Sorry if I impugned such a great league. 

Dude I'm referring to the talent level and speed and athleticism of the game being played. A lot of these guys have played dozens of games in the NBA. For someone like Wemby there is definitely an adjustment period. 

There isn't one fucking league in Europe where you'd see this much talent on the floor. Not even close. 

Kid was feeling it out and looked a little shell shocked. This isn't the French league.

He needs to quit shooting so many 3s. He isn't a good shooter yet by any stretch. Pop will address that but he needs to address his approach as well. 

He's immediately going to be one of the best defensive players in the NBA. There's zero worry there. 

GSG

Lots of good things and lots to work on...which you would expect for a 19 kid from France.  I don't care what anyone on this thread says, he is not in NBA shape.  They even mentioned it on the broadcast in the second half.  It's nothing to be concerned about as I am sure he will be in better shape come training camp in 3 months.