Saudi Arabia Issues

Hugo Stiglitz

Translation: ‎”God be with me and bring you back the atmosphere with your knowledge there is no new and the Houthi is still losing hope 4 rockets were dropped within seconds in as ⁧‫#نجران‬⁩ ⁧‫#الرياض‬⁩ ⁧‫#جازان‬⁩ well as by ⁧‫#خميس_مشيط‬⁩ Air defense ⁧‫

The Saudi military just shot down Houth"-launched ballistic missiles inbound to their capital, Riyadh.

The Houthi forces are a cult-like Iranian proxy army, built to help Iran conquer Yemen/beyond, whose slogan is "Death to America, Death to Israel, a Curse on the Jews!"

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You see, this is all part of one huge global ME proxy war shit sandwich.

i have an awful feeling the US is about to be involved in a war with Iran.  Trump has hitched his wagon to the Saudis and they will be turning to Iran soon enough.  

This. Don't worry though...Saudi Arabia will bravely fight Iran to the last American.

They will sell the Right on "Standing with Israel" and off we will go to another "wonderfully planned" war in the ME, only this time much likelier to fail even more spectacularly than our frolics and detours through Iraq and Libya.

Fucking absurd. 

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

i have an awful feeling the US is about to be involved in a war with Iran. ...

The writing was on the wall for anyone paying attention.  Saudi Crown Prince visits USA.  Congress' resolution to to end US backing for the Saudi-led bombing campaign without congressional approval gets quashed without a vote.  Saudi's announce development of nuclear program to match Iran in building a nuclear bomb (USA offers crickets in response).  Trump admin approves $1B arms sale to Saudi.  John Fucking Bolton gets appointed to national security advisor. 

I didn't like a shitload of things that Obama did during his term, but he didn't dance to Saudi puppet strings and push the USA to war with Iran.  I give him credit for that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't paid attention at all to this stuff in the last 3 years so if someone can throw down a link with a concise overview or explain what the issue is between Yemen and the Saudis I'd appreciate it.  Is Iran backing Yemen as a fuck you to the Saudis?  I'm also going to assume this is part of the reason why the House of Saud is all of a sudden cozying up to Israel?  

Someone drop some knowledge realizing that I know nothing about the history between these two nations.  Thanks.

21 minutes ago, TxEx99 said:

I haven't paid attention at all to this stuff in the last 3 years so if someone can throw down a link with a concise overview or explain what the issue is between Yemen and the Saudis I'd appreciate it.  Is Iran backing Yemen as a fuck you to the Saudis?  I'm also going to assume this is part of the reason why the House of Saud is all of a sudden cozying up to Israel?  

Someone drop some knowledge realizing that I know nothing about the history between these two nations.  Thanks.

txex99,

essentially yes on your question.  if you really want as much historic context for this as possible, i suggest you watch this two part frontline episode dealing with exactly this topic.

http://www.pbs.org/video/bitter-rivals-iran-and-saudi-arabia-pqsnhk/

watch the whole thing but the yemeni battles are largely discussed in part two.

Edited by sidis
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2019/02/middleeast/yemen-lost-us-arms/?utm_content=2019-02-09T14%3A01%3A06&utm_source=twCNNi&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social

Saudi Arabia and its coalition partners have transferred American-made weapons to al Qaeda-linked fighters, hardline Salafi militias, and other factions waging war in Yemen, in violation of their agreements with the United States, a CNN investigation has found.

The weapons have also made their way into the hands of Iranian-backed rebels battling the coalition for control of the country, exposing some of America's sensitive military technology to Tehran and potentially endangering the lives of US troops in other conflict zones.

Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, its main partner in the war, have used the US-manufactured weapons as a form of currency to buy the loyalties of militias or tribes, bolster chosen armed actors, and influence the complex political landscape, according to local commanders on the ground and analysts who spoke to CNN.

By handing off this military equipment to third parties, the Saudi-led coalition is breaking the terms of its arms sales with the US, according to the Department of Defense. After CNN presented its findings, a US defense official confirmed there was an ongoing investigation into the issue.

Too much to quote, but the article goes on to talk about how happy Iran is to get ahold of "samples" of American gear to test.  Test it so they can kill Americans better.

oil will run out/alternative energy, money will disappear, and Al Qaeda will take over Saudi Arabia as the Romans had their throats cut by the barbarians, AQ/ISIS will behead the Saudi royal family. This won't happen in our lifetimes but is inevitable.  

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

oil will run out/alternative energy, money will disappear, and Al Qaeda will take over Saudi Arabia as the Romans had their throats cut by the barbarians, AQ/ISIS will behead the Saudi royal family. This won't happen in our lifetimes but is inevitable.  

Not our monkey, not our zoo.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

While a huge part of it, it’s not entirely about oil.

A unified Middle East is about the scariest thing you can imagine.  

The western powers have done a good job at keeping the Middle East divided and hating each other since forever.  

I'd say the Middle Easterners have done a pretty good job of it themselves.  Religion is the greatest divider, and the factions in Islam hate each other since before the west was a factor.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The western powers have done a good job at keeping the Middle East divided and hating each other since forever.  

they'll divide themselves, outsiders need not worry about that

11 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Not our monkey, not our zoo.

same as ISIS in Syria and Iraq, the US will get involved if ISIS takes over another nation. 

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Thousands of years from now, historical timelines will be bifurcated BK/AK(before Kush/after Kush). We're witnessing history here fellas.

Edited by Blotto

53 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'd say the Middle Easterners have done a pretty good job of it themselves.  Religion is the greatest divider, and the factions in Islam hate each other since before the west was a factor.

51 minutes ago, NowThis said:

they'll divide themselves, outsiders need not worry about that

Yes, this is the plausible deniability story we like.  Never mind us supporting both sides of ME conflicts with weapons/support that miraculously end in stalemates. We had nothing to do with that.  All on them. 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yes, this is the plausible deniability story we like.  Never mind us supporting both sides of ME conflicts with weapons/support that miraculously end in stalemates. We had nothing to do with that.  All on them. 

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

if the US disappeared, their conflicts would not, they'll find other arms suppliers and financiers. Not that the US is innocent, but the root causes are organic. 

7 minutes ago, NowThis said:

if the US disappeared, their conflicts would not, they'll find other arms suppliers and financiers. Not that the US is innocent, but the root causes are organic. 

It’s not so much that we keep them fighting, they do that on their own.  It’s more that we keep one side from really winning. We kinda designed it this way in the post WWII rules based international world order.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

12 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This has nothing to do with plausible deniability or who we support. They didn't like each other before Britain and France  began meddling.  Have you seen Lawrence of Arabia ?

29 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Arabs have proven on their own in the 22 countries that they rule to be completely incapable of creating modern societies like those seen in East Asia, Europe and the Americas and have lustily killed each other without our intervention. It is a basket case of a region with a diseased culture of death.

9 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Arabs have proven on their own in the 22 countries that they rule to be completely incapable of creating modern societies like those seen in East Asia, Europe and the Americas and have lustily killed each other without our intervention. It is a basket case of a region with a diseased culture of death.

That post sounds like you just finished ejaculating all over a plagiarized centerfold of Ben Shapiro.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

So how about ISIS?  Do you know what their end game is and what they’re trying to do? 

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s not so much that we keep them fighting, they do that on their own.  It’s more that we keep one side from really winning. We kinda designed it this way in the post WWII rules based international world order.  

US backed forces have defeated ISIS, the US destroyed Saddam's army in a few weeks (Kuwait wins), the US makes sure Israel is dominant.  So the side the US backs is victorious, aside from the 80s Iraq/Iran war which was a stalemate.  Hell, even the Afghans kicked out the USSR with US help.  I don't see the US as a weak power that cannot have its proxies win. 

12 minutes ago, NowThis said:

US backed forces have defeated ISIS, the US destroyed Saddam's army in a few weeks (Kuwait wins), the US makes sure Israel is dominant.  So the side the US backs is victorious, aside from the 80s Iraq/Iran war which was a stalemate.  Hell, even the Afghans kicked out the USSR with US help.  I don't see the US as a weak power that cannot have its proxies win. 

Right but in all your examples no territory really exchanges hands EXCEPT in the case of ISIS.

ISIS is not defeated and they are the biggest threat in the Middle East IMO.  We’ve done a good job of suppressing them but I’d make sure they don’t become a growing thing.

ISIS is dangerous because their ideology doesn’t recognize borders, countries, or even ethnicity.  Anyone can be in ISIS.  Their endgame is to unite the Muslim world around a caliphate and caliph. They are the Nazis of Islam.   

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Right but in all your examples no territory really exchanges hands EXCEPT in the case of ISIS.

ISIS is not defeated and they are the biggest threat in the Middle East IMO.  We’ve done a good job of suppressing them but I’d make sure they don’t become a growing thing.

ISIS is dangerous because their ideology doesn’t recognize borders, countries, or even ethnicity.  Anyone can be in ISIS.  Their endgame is to unite the Muslim world around a caliphate and caliph. They are the Nazis of Islam.   

Isis is defeated, down to only controlling 25 sq miles whereas they has over 30,000 sq miles before.  They are nothing but farts now. 

Also, territory doesn't have to change hands for the US side to win, just as long as the enemy is defeated. 

6 hours ago, NowThis said:

Kuwait wins huh? Fantastic. Guess those dead and broken Americans in Iraq are just giddy with your profound pronouncements. Go War!