Saudi Arabia Issues

Hugo Stiglitz

13 hours ago, NowThis said:

Isis is defeated, down to only controlling 25 sq miles whereas they has over 30,000 sq miles before.  They are nothing but farts now. 

Also, territory doesn't have to change hands for the US side to win, just as long as the enemy is defeated. 

Then take that 25 sq miles from them and finish the fucking job. In an administration filled with stupid decisions, this is one of the biggest. 

ISIS is defeated when the last follower is dead and you've got al-Baghdadi's head on a spike in the White House lawn. Not before. 

48 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

ISIS will never be “defeated” because it’s an ideology but we should absolutely keep them from governing any physical turf. 

they are hardly anything. Anyone with a gun renting an apartment is a threat then.

59 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

Then take that 25 sq miles from them and finish the fucking job. In an administration filled with stupid decisions, this is one of the biggest. 

ISIS is defeated when the last follower is dead and you've got al-Baghdadi's head on a spike in the White House lawn. Not before. 

no, hyperbole should be left after the dream is over and we start our morning routine. Besides, Al Bagdadi has been dead for a long time, and isn't really relevant to the few that survive. Also, keep in mind that Israel is supporting Al Qaeda in Syria to fight Hezbollah and Assad, so those guys will survive as long as Israeli Mossad wants. 

38 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well just because they still exist doesn't mean they haven't been pretty well defeated.

If Trump says so....but if Obama says it....well...prepare for Armageddon. 

Your boy LIES ....... a fucking lot. He is a piece of shit as I have said since 1985. Whether a Dem or an Independent or a Republican.  I am sorry your side didn't have anyone better. I am sorry the other side didn't either. Truly. 

But it is past time to cut your losses and move on. 

14 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Jeebus please make an apples to apples comparison.  What are your thoughts on leaving Saddam in power after desert Storm.

Isis to Nazism is actually a decent comparison.  They’re both extremist ideologies.  We still have literal Nazis walking around today even though they were defeated 70 years ago.

Saddam is a poor comparison because he wasn’t even really a theocrat. He was just your average thug strongman. 

Leaving Saddam in power was the correct decision.  It was our overthrow of him that allowed ISIS to gain territory out of the power vacuum we left behind.  

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Isis to Nazism is actually a decent comparison.  They’re both extremist ideologies.  We still have literal Nazis walking around today even though they were defeated 70 years ago.

Saddam is a poor comparison because he wasn’t even really a theocrat. He was just your average thug strongman. 

Leaving Saddam in power was the correct decision.  It was our overthrow of him that allowed ISIS to gain territory out of the power vacuum we left behind.  

And no where in my OP did I say leave them alone. I just said they're still there, but pretty much defeated.  Germany was defeated whether Hitler was left or not.  Japan was defeated, and the Emperor wasn't deposed.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If a bunch of Nazis carved out 25 square miles of sovereign territory in West Texas exterminating all the minorities and dissidents in the process, what do you think the appropriate U.S. government response should be? 

Clean em out.  Again, when did I  say anything about leaving ISIS in place ? In fact I was agreeing with you regarding the ideology comment.  You can't kill an ideology, doesn't  mean they aren't pretty well defeated (if not outright eradicated).

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m saying we need to finish the job on ISIS.  We’re responsible for them getting a physical foothold in Iraq/Syria.  

The good news is their ideology is based on holding onto physical territory governed by a caliph.  We can handle that and should.

I agree.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If a bunch of Nazis carved out 25 square miles of sovereign territory in West Texas exterminating all the minorities and dissidents in the process, what do you think the appropriate U.S. government response should be? 

little to no threat to the west at this point. Even if they stay in 25sq miles for the next 100 years, doesn't affect Joe Beerbelly here in Texas. 

I'd say the Middle Easterners have done a pretty good job of it themselves.  Religion is the greatest divider, and the factions in Islam hate each other since before the west was a factor.
The modern religious differences can be traced back before Islam - the Sunni (at least, the Arab ones) tend to be descended from the tribes associated with the Byzantine empire and the Shia from the tribes associated with the Sassanian empire. That's right, they're still fighting Justinian's battles
  • Like 1

Just now, elfenix said:
On 2/9/2019 at 12:51 PM, Onboard 2.0 said:
I'd say the Middle Easterners have done a pretty good job of it themselves.  Religion is the greatest divider, and the factions in Islam hate each other since before the west was a factor.

The modern religious differences can be traced back before Islam - the Sunni (at least, the Arab ones) tend to be descended from the tribes associated with the Byzantine empire and the Shia from the tribes associated with the Sassanian empire. That's right, they're still fighting Justinian's battles

He always was a bastard !!

On 2/9/2019 at 9:11 AM, Parliament said:

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2019/02/middleeast/yemen-lost-us-arms/?utm_content=2019-02-09T14%3A01%3A06&utm_source=twCNNi&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social

Saudi Arabia and its coalition partners have transferred American-made weapons to al Qaeda-linked fighters, hardline Salafi militias, and other factions waging war in Yemen, in violation of their agreements with the United States, a CNN investigation has found.

The weapons have also made their way into the hands of Iranian-backed rebels battling the coalition for control of the country, exposing some of America's sensitive military technology to Tehran and potentially endangering the lives of US troops in other conflict zones.

Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, its main partner in the war, have used the US-manufactured weapons as a form of currency to buy the loyalties of militias or tribes, bolster chosen armed actors, and influence the complex political landscape, according to local commanders on the ground and analysts who spoke to CNN.

By handing off this military equipment to third parties, the Saudi-led coalition is breaking the terms of its arms sales with the US, according to the Department of Defense. After CNN presented its findings, a US defense official confirmed there was an ongoing investigation into the issue.

Too much to quote, but the article goes on to talk about how happy Iran is to get ahold of "samples" of American gear to test.  Test it so they can kill Americans better.

So the 110 billion Saudi arms order DOTUS bragged about was really for Al Qaeda. Art of the deal. Checkmate libs. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
16 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

This relationship is toxic 

Michael-Scott-I-Declare-Bankruptcy.gif

Biden's first executive order should be to blanket nullify any Trump exec order or declaration unless it's deemed by an agency to be critical to national security. Then those security actions should be quickly reviewed one by one to see if they should be changed.

And while it would piss off the right, Biden should announce this today. Tell every agency about this plan and that they need to prepare to roll back anything Trump does in the next 30 days. The one flaw is that Trump could take further action to make it difficult to rollback changes.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

• 2 years later...
13 hours ago, Bullneck said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxEUNwHx_0i/?hl=en

At the beginning it sounds like he says "Saudi owns Twitter."  Not sure why.  But the rest of it is kind of chilling.

I think SA is the largest holder of twitter stock, the rest has been in the news (probably page 4) and happened under GOP leadership yet maga is silent about it..

The country that is responsible for 9/11 now owning key infrastructure in the US and buying more every chance they get. To all the climate change deniers, this should be enough to wake you up to the fact we need to get off the oil tit

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/04/saudi-mega-deal-biden-israel-normalization-palestinian-talks

This is what he meant by "I am going to make SA a pariah"?

BTW, Monday was anniversary of the dismemberment of Jamal Kashoggi. Good timing on quiet jaunt to SA, Jake. 

Senior Biden advisers quietly visited Saudi Arabia last week to continue talks on a potential mega-deal that could include a peace agreement between the kingdom and Israel, two sources with direct knowledge of the issue told Axios. 

State of play: As part of the mega-deal talks, the White House is negotiating a potential security agreement between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia, possible U.S. support for a Saudi civilian nuclear program, and U.S. approval for sophisticated weapons sales to the kingdom.