Houston apartment recs?

GOAT

I'm 30, recently single, and work in Deer Park but have no desire to live there. I'm wanting to spend at max 1300 on a 1 bed apartment. I've had people recommend to look for places in Midtown, but I don't know if I will find a place that's not in the ghetto at my price, plus I might be too old for Midtown. Others have said to look at Heights, Washington, Rice-Military, and Upper Kirby, but I don't know anything about those places. Any suggestions?

I had a friend who used to live here and had no complaints.
https://www.har.com/calais-midtown/apartment_4229A

Not all of Midtown is young. You would be in between downtown and Montrose and easy access to I-45 (until they tear it apart), and a short Uber to everywhere. EaDo is up and coming, but not much retail. Heights, Washington/Rice Military are good options. I think downtown would be out of your price range.

I prefer Montrose, but I'm biased because I live in the area.

Edit: Some people complained of maintenance issues lately at those apartments above. That complex might be aging. Can't beat the location though,

Edited by mycox

I would use Google Maps to determine the commute for all of the locations mentioned here.  It's amazing that another place a 5 miles away can add (or subtract) 10-30 minutes to your commute.   Adds up over a year.   It would seem to be an easy commute from Midtown to Deer Park but I bet Upper Kirby or the Heights would be a pain.  

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

4 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Montrose/EaDo/Midtown/Heights.

I'll PM you as we can assist you in the search at no cost to you.

Just to expand on this we can assist in apartment searches here in Houston and Austin at no cost to you (apartment complex pays (most of the time) us) so if anyone is looking you can always PM or email me phil@reihomerealty.com

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would use Google Maps to determine the commute for all of the locations mentioned here.  It's amazing that another place a 5 miles away can add (or subtract) 10-30 minutes to your commute.   Adds up over a year.   It would seem to be an easy commute from Midtown to Deer Park but I bet Upper Kirby or the Heights would be a pain.  

I'd stick to Midtown or EaDo for that commute.  30 isn't too old for either. The Seabrook/Kemah idea isn't bad either. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP