2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

Bloomberg doubling his ad buy.  (Not sure how that is possible considering he’s on all the time now.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/bloomberg-doubles-television-ad-spending-amid-iowa-chaos.amp

“The aide also told Fox News that the campaign is hiring rapidly, and will have a field staff exceeding 2,000 people soon. Fox News also reported this week that the Bloomberg campaign will have 800 field staff, including full and part time, in California alone by the end of next week.”

He’ll have 800 people in CA alone.  That’s about what Hillary had for the entire General.

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Hmmm, Bloomberg for god knows what reason, has made Alabama a priority.

I wonder if he’s hiring staff here?

I could use a new iPhone 11 and MacBook.

He's basically the only one throwing money here in Georgia, our primary is March 24 and all the other major candidates are doing ground game for Super Tuesday and I'm guessing are targeting the bigger states. He's getting good polling because he's the only one running in some states, hope like hell he'll crater when the actual people show up.

Edited by GSU&UT

1 hour ago, GSU&UT said:

He's basically the only one throwing money here in Georgia, our primary is March 24 and all the other major candidates are doing ground game for Super Tuesday and I'm guessing are targeting the bigger states. He's getting good polling because he's the only one running in some states, hope like hell he'll crater when the actual people show up.

I was in Philly two weeks ago and every commercial segment had at least one Bloomberg ad.  No one else had any.

43 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I was in Philly two weeks ago and every commercial segment had at least one Bloomberg ad.  No one else had any.

I live in Pittsburgh and for a while Steyer was the only one advertising here. And it seemed like every commercial break. Now it’s only Bloomberg. 

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

No, I’ve only listened to one episode. But now they are broadcasting it to everyone, not just their listeners.

giphy.gif

What do you think they've been saying on their free and public podcast for 4 years?

What do you think they've been Tweeting about for longer than that?

Whey act like something was a secret just because you weren't paying attention?

I would be genuinely shocked if anyone could find Will saying that he was going to vote for anyone else.

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

No, I’ve only listened to one episode. But now they are broadcasting it to everyone, not just their listeners.

They've been saying that well before Iowa, it's just now getting highlighted. Also Pete isn't going to be winning this nomination after tying in Iowa. I'll eat my hat if he does.

It's Still Bernie - by Amber A'Lee Frost (1/2019)

----------------------------------------------------------
And even if we could get a President Gillibrand in 2020, another lukewarm Democratic presidency will not only further impoverish and destabilize the working class and its suffering institutions; it will also all but guarantee that 2024 brings us POTUS Hamburglar in an SS uniform. No, HamNo, it’s Bernie or bust. I don’t care if we have to roll him out on a hand truck and sprinkle cocaine into his coleslaw before every speech. If he dies mid-run, we’ll stuff him full of sawdust, shove a hand up his ass and operate him like a goddamn muppet.
--------------------------------------------------------

Again, we can argue about the wisdom, maturity, or outlook, but it's not new.

24 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

giphy.gif

What do you think they've been saying on their free and public podcast for 4 years?

What do you think they've been Tweeting about for longer than that?

Whey act like something was a secret just because you weren't paying attention?

I would be genuinely shocked if anyone could find Will saying that he was going to vote for anyone else.

You realize 95% of people have never heard of Chapo, right? And I didn’t say it was a secret.

It’s one thinks to talk about it on your podcast with Bernie stans. It’s another to make an actual threat/statement on Twitter. 

You realize 95% of people have never heard of Chapo, right?

Yes, of course.

It’s one thinks to talk about it on your podcast with Bernie stans. It’s another to make an actual threat/statement on Twitter. 

Sure, he's amplifying his 4-year-long position on Twitter.

• Like 1

The one Chapo Trap house podcast I listened to was called “Karmala Police” (golf clap, I laughed) discussing her dropping out.

They were bragging about how the “Kamala is a cop” meme took off and reiterated to their listeners that “bullying works”.

Later they implored their audience to keep on attacking Pete “whether it’s true or untrue.”

Lovely stuff.

The one Chapo Trap house podcast I listened to was called “Karmala Police” (golf clap, I laughed) discussing her dropping out.

They were bragging about how the “Kamala is a cop” meme took off and reiterated to their listeners that “bullying works”.

Later they implored their audience to keep on attacking Pete “whether it’s true or untrue.”

Lovely stuff.

don't worry.  bernie supporters will vote blue no matter who.  a statistic in 2008 told me so.

12 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Pete is useful in helping collapse Biden, but he's just so damn unlikable.  I can see why people can be drawn to Trump and Even Biden, but Pete?  So smarmy and corny...i just don't see the draw.  

I did my own research and watched a lot of interviews instead of just going along with the narrative created by Twitter and progressive media.

If they were all on Bernie's staff I could see that being bad, it is a (yes, BERNIE BRO) podcast that would like to see capitalism completely dismantled in the United States, something much much more left of anything Bernie has ever advocated for. There are a lot of episodes where they've dug into issues of extreme debt where they've said much more awful stuff about things like the health insurance companies and the people who run them.

2 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

If they were all on Bernie's staff I could see that being bad, it is a (yes, BERNIE BRO) podcast that would like to see capitalism completely dismantled in the United States, something much much more left of anything Bernie has ever advocated for. There are a lot of episodes where they've dug into issues of extreme debt where they've said much more awful stuff about things like the health insurance companies and the people who run them.

i think it's more about the continuing narrative that bernie supporters may not be trusted to vote for the dem nominee if it's not bernie.

whether it's true or not, that story is starting to become more prevalent, and having someone say "i'll only vote for bernie, i don't know what my hundreds of thousands of listeners will do" is a not-so-subtle form of threat claiming the same.

in the end, i don't think it'll matter, because i think bernie is well-positioned to become the nominee.  but i can see how people are turned off by this attitude, even if it's from a far left, ardent bernie guy.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

i think it's more about the continuing narrative that bernie supporters may not be trusted to vote for the dem nominee if it's not bernie.

ok

whether it's true or not, that story is starting to become more prevalent, and having someone say "i'll only vote for bernie, i don't know what my hundreds of thousands of listeners will do" is a not-so-subtle form of threat claiming the same.

I think roughly 3/4ths of your posts are about this. How the hell is it becoming "more prevalent"?

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

in the end, i don't think it'll matter, because i think bernie is well-positioned to become the nominee.  but i can see how people are turned off by this attitude, even if it's from a far left, ardent bernie guy.

People can rightly be turned off by the attitude and I'm not going to argue that you can't feel that way, but many leftists believe this is the only way left to try and force the Democratic party back to where it really should be. When you look at what they're truly wanting, as I said an actual dismantling of capitalism in the US, it's not shocking that they may have an extreme way of approaching electoral politics.

Edited by GSU&UT

On Pod Save America, not a friendly Bernie outlet by any means, they were talking about how Bernie's campaign and staff and caucus-goers were nice, open, friendly, and encouraging.

When your only point of entry to this is being Extremely Online, you really don't get what is actually happening.

Volunteering and phonebanking is about 90% more real-life than being online about politics. When I canvassed a few months ago with some Our Revolution people, it was amazing how many people were like, "Oh, Twitter? Oh god no thank you I'll never join those places."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

ok

I think roughly 3/4ths of your posts are about this. How the hell is it becoming "more prevalent"?

i think this is about the 6th post total i've made about this in the past 6 weeks.  but sure, 3/4.  does that make me wrong?

was there not a poll (or two) about this exact thing last week?  are we not allowed to discuss things that might slightly upset you?

have you not seen any polls, comments, tweets, or articles about this exact subject?  for once, i'm actually on your side about something, so maybe i just hit a nerve.

4 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

People can rightly be turned off by the attitude and I'm not going to argue that you can't feel that way, but many leftists believe this is the only way left to try and force the Democratic party back to where it really should be. When you look at what they're truly wanting, as I said an actual dismantling of capitalism in the US, it's not shocking that they may have an extreme way of approaching electoral politics.

they're probably correct.

• Like 1

i think this is about the 6th post total i've made about this in the past 6 weeks.  but sure, 3/4.  does that make me wrong?
was there not a poll (or two) about this exact thing last week?  are we not allowed to discuss things that might slightly upset you?
have you not seen any polls, comments, tweets, or articles about this exact subject?  for once, i'm actually on your side about something, so maybe i just hit a nerve.

ec5242a6f0c1df5df15c368e19a7f511.jpg

Wrong about it becoming "more prevalent"? I don't know, I'd need to see evidence of that being a narrative that is increasing as opposed to one that's just existed for 4 years.

Folks, we're seeing it more and more all the time and more and more people are talking about it, believe me, they're really talking about it a lot and we are looking into it strongly.

There are going to be Bernie voters who will pout out the primary/general if someone beats Bernie.
There are going to be Pete voters who will pout out the primary/general if someone beats Pete.

And on and on and on and on....

Bernie brings in non-Democrats. Same with Yang. Same with Gabbard.

If a historical non-Democrat who came in only for a specific primary candidate sits out the general, that's wildly different than a historical Democrat sitting out the general.

5 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

ec5242a6f0c1df5df15c368e19a7f511.jpg

exactly.  and weirdly enough, some people's takeaway was "omg look at yang!"

my takeaway is that up to 47% of bernie people won't vote for biden or bloomberg (the two most likely winners besides bernie).

now bt said this was big talk, saber-rattling, whatever - and i hope that's true.  but if it's not, it's a sucky situation when beating trump should be the #1 goal here.

• Like 1

Instead of ranting about Bernie being right about everything, it would help people like me if you'd convince us of his electability.  Lotta upscale whites on this board we know damn well how he'd play in our circles.  We're not hostile to Bern, we're just suspicious of the outcome.  I think he's an interesting candidate where a lot of the standard GOP tactics would have a hard time sticking.

I see his only path to 270 is winning PA, MI, and WI.  While I admit that's possible, I also know he'd have to run a perfect campaign for that to happen.  I also don't see the turnout numbers being better.  Maybe I'm wrong but we'll see in the next few primaries if he brings the turnout.  The Bernie equation is that while he turns off upscale whites, he generates turnout of people who have never or rarely voted.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Wrong about it becoming "more prevalent"? I don't know, I'd need to see evidence of that being a narrative that is increasing as opposed to one that's just existed for 4 years.

Folks, we're seeing it more and more all the time and more and more people are talking about it, believe me, they're really talking about it a lot and we are looking into it strongly.

i hadn't really seen the whole 2008 vs 2016 argument featured much over the past year, yet over the past month, i've seen and heard it a couple dozen times.  yes, this narrative is becoming more prevalent.

you say it's existed for 4 years, but i think if the two runaway options were warren and bernie, we wouldn't be having this conversation.  it's become a topic ever since this essentially became a bernie/biden horserace.  not sure why you're pushing back so hard on it.  it's not an attack.

34 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

They are not unfriendly to Bernie either.  They are fair.  Just because they don't suck him off like you do doesn't mean they are biased against him.

This post is cool because you can see Biff getting madder with every word. By the final sentence, he's purple in the face.

I never said they're "biased against Bernie". Just pointing out what you agree with, which is that they aren't a pro-Bernie propaganda outlet.

It's cool, Biff, these are stressful time and we will all be able to unite behind 24/7 bashing of Donald Trump and the Republicans once this nonsense gets sorted out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Instead of ranting about Bernie being right about everything, it would help people like me if you'd convince us of his electability.  Lotta upscale whites on this board we know damn well how he'd play in our circles.  We're not hostile to Bern, we're just suspicious of the outcome.  I think he's an interesting candidate where a lot of the standard GOP tactics would have a hard time sticking.

I mean he's overwhelmingly got more individual donations and volunteers knocking on doors, making calls/texts, writing postcards than any other Democratic candidate and it isn't even close. If that alone doesn't prove to you that there's a huge enthusiasm behind him then talking to your more well-off white friends about policy isn't going to matter. Tell them to vote their conscience

Edited by GSU&UT

2 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I mean he's overwhelmingly got more individual donations and volunteers knocking on doors, making calls/texts, writing postcards than any other Democratic candidate and it isn't even close. If that alone doesn't prove to you that there's a huge enthusiasm behind him then talking to your more well-off white friends about policy isn't going to matter. Tell them to vote their conscience

The enthusiasm might be deep but is it wide?

2 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The enthusiasm might be deep but is it wide?

Who knows right now, I think it is but you've been trying to extrapolate a result of a very shitty-ran caucus (i.e. a confusing thing many people don't care to participate in) as to how much actual support there is for Bernie right now, and those results still missing like 29% percent. Let's talk after Super Tuesday or even right before.

Edit: and yes obviously his support isn't among the suburban liberal-esque white people who dislike Trump but don't seem to understand how bad the country was for the more poor before 2016. Bernie's strategy may backfire on him, I think it won't but it's certainly possible. This idea that he'll only win by winning literally every state by huge margins was something that I don't think any of us Berners said would happen. Any primary is going to be a long and drawn out process with this many candidates, it's inevitable.

Edited by GSU&UT

13 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Instead of ranting about Bernie being right about everything, it would help people like me if you'd convince us of his electability.  

- Bernie's favorability is high and has been high for years.

- Bernie beats Trump constantly in head-to-heads.

- Bernie's coalition is broad and extremely diverse. This is extremely important because one of the main reasons Hillary lost is that the non-white vote COLLAPSED. If we win back the minorities in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, we win the White House.

- Well-off whites are going to go to Trump, so a candidate whose main appeal is to that small and captured-by-Republicans base is a fool's errand.

- Bernie is still the preferred choice of white union laborers despite expanding his coalition to include so many minorities. (ESPECIALLY if Biden falls)

- Bernie has an online army of jerks and monsters who will do direct battle with the online CHUDs who are an underrated part of Trump's base and scream bloody murder at the media at all times to keep it on its toes

- Bernie attracts a massive volunteer force that is decentralized, which means his campaign won't have to coordinate action across this massive nation, we will do it ourselves. When it comes to GOTV in the general, this will be game-changing.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, GSU&UT said:

Who knows right now, I think it is but you've been trying to extrapolate a result of a very shitty-ran caucus (i.e. a confusing thing many people don't care to participate in) as to how much actual support there is for Bernie right now, and those results still missing like 29% percent. Let's talk after Super Tuesday or even right before.

I think we’ll know a lot after NH and NV, actually. Turnout is a huge deal in this equation.  If the turnout isn’t there before Super Tuesday, that’s a real problem.

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

I think we’ll know a lot after NH and NV, actually. Turnout is a huge deal in this equation.  If the turnout isn’t there before Super Tuesday, that’s a real problem.

My honest opinion is that it's dumb, even if he's romping, to make a prediction about his chances until after Super Tuesday when we see some real big states go.