Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

For the Flores hbp I don’t think they ruled he leaned in or it would have been a strike. They ruled it didn’t hit him, it hit the bat. It was an atrocious call all the way around.

If that's what they did - even after review - then wow. It was clear that it hit him & not the knob of the bat, and there was nothing there to even suggest that it didn't hit him.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

For the Flores hbp I don’t think they ruled he leaned in or it would have been a strike. They ruled it didn’t hit him, it hit the bat. It was an atrocious call all the way around.

The replay showed the ball clearly changing trajectory before hitting his right forearm/wrist.  It definitely hit something, either the knob of the bat or his left forearm.  Based on his reaction only being the right forearm, I'm guessing it did, in fact, hit the knob.

2 minutes ago, Hondo said:

The replay showed the ball clearly changing trajectory before hitting his right forearm/wrist.  It definitely hit something, either the knob of the bat or his left forearm.  Based on his reaction only being the right forearm, I'm guessing it did, in fact, hit the knob.

I didn’t see that in the replay at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I didn’t see that in the replay at all.

My assessment of the replay was that it sucked.  I assumed it was a glitchy video feed, but maybe that was all they had to go on.  I couldn't figure out how they were insistent it hit his right arm, I was thinking it hit his left arm (or the knob of the bat) well before that.

20 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

I don’t care about your “flex”.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

You responding and saying that you don't about my "flex",.... I think that means you DO care. 

The Johnny come lately comments are tiresome.

don henley eagles GIF

I'm gonna talk to my buddies about this....

I can’t watch 30 hoops and 55 baseball games because I have teenagers that play amongst them 5 sports. I can comment frequently on 12 football games because it’s stop down viewing for me. As conference hoops and playoff hoops/baseball. 

You're NEVER gonna make SES (Surly Elitist Standing) with this 👆 attitude.

YOU need to realize that TEXAS SPORTS (not just talking about the Big 3) comes BEFORE the WIFE, FAMILY, and  ESPECIALLY whiny teenagers. They need to get to practice or a game? TEXAS Quidditch is ON ? Have them Bus!.. Bike!... Or take and Uber...(I hear coeds say these are safe).  Excuses are for losers!!

Get it together! See YOU at the Disch. DKR. Moody. Lee/Joe Jamail Natatorium. McCombs. Mike Myer!!!!!

It's not too late...

Come Aboard Father Of The Bride GIF by Max

36 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Nope.  It hit him in the arm.  Clear as day.

It did hit him in the arm.  It just hit something else first.  Not saying it was the knob of the bat - it could have been that or his lead forearm, but it hit *something* prior to hitting the right forearm.  One of the replay angles shows the ball changing trajectory prior to hitting the right wrist/forearm. 

I'm speculating that it was the knob of the bat because Flores only indicated the right forearm/wrist impact.  Doesn't matter now anyway, only that I don't consider that particular call/no call to be all that egregious in the grand scheme of things.

5 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

You responding and saying that you don't about my "flex",.... I think that means you DO care. 

don henley eagles GIF

I'm gonna talk to my buddies about this....

You're NEVER gonna make SES (Surly Elitist Standing) with this 👆 attitude.

YOU need to realize that TEXAS SPORTS (not just talking about the Big 3) comes BEFORE the WIFE, FAMILY, and  ESPECIALLY whiny teenagers. They need to get to practice or a game? TEXAS Quidditch is ON ? Have them Bus!.. Bike!... Or take and Uber...(I hear coeds say these are safe).  Excuses are for losers!!

Get it together! See YOU at the Disch. DKR. Moody. Lee/Joe Jamail Natatorium. McCombs. Mike Myer!!!!!

It's not too late...

Come Aboard Father Of The Bride GIF by Max

I stopped reading pretty quickly. I was responding to another poster who called you out saying “weird flex”. I don’t really care what you have to say pal. 

On 6/12/2023 at 8:48 PM, chemHORN said:

Dylan Campbell just cemented his place in Texas history, and it's not great

In my defense I was in Vegas and had Texas moneyline.  Dylan is a good dude, one of our best players and I shouldn't have posted this non sense.  He will be remembered for his record setting hit streak and not this one fluke play that he couldn't control.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1