Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

16 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Some of yall are lowering the expectations of the best baseball program in america under a year 7 of a head coach, and its sickening

I hope you don’t suck this much at being a nurse

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

But yeah let’s just say Omaha is good enough for the best baseball program all time. Winning titles >

We've won 6 titles in the almost 80 year history of the College World Series.

Talking about winning titles is a lot easier than going out and doing it.

14 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

easy, towards the plate.  

Cool, ball just landed behind him because he was aimlessly running towards the plate with no idea of where it was and still couldn't pick it up.  Now what?

Edited by OU Sucks

Just now, txhorns said:

We maybe could but there are bigger needs this offseason.  No need to chase a catcher when you need pitchers and outfielders.

you always look to upgrade at catcher.  He's OK but he has some holes on the defensive side.  If we don't have outfielders we need a new coach(I'm not saying we need a new coach).

All things considered this team competed their ass off this year, especially in the postseason. Went above and beyond their actual level of play imo. 

Big thanks to Geno for developing into a machine, DC being one of the best 5 tool guys we’ve seen in a bit, Kennedy for coming back a 5th year, LBJ grinding through tough spots in the year and coming out better from it, and then Zane who peaked at the best time. There are some that I’m missing but I’m proud of this group of players. Many times they were labeled a rebuild team, and to an extent rightfully so when looking at the talent we lost. But here they were battling against Stanford in the supers and almost coming away with a trip to Omaha. 

For Pierce, this was a year that he did more with less. Solid coaching effort by him and the staff. Excited to see how Woody develops our future pitching.  

• Hook 'Em 8

37 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Pierce makes the cws this year, he prolly buys himself another 3-4 years

But now, losing like that and tcu being the only team out of the absolute dogshit big 12 to make the cws? Pierce’s seat is def warm

You’ll be receiving the finger on all your future posts….that’s baseball.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, txhorns said:

No he’s not, but if he intentionally takes it off and throws it he is out.  Also the team running onto the field is an out as well.

Dead ball on the batter/runner (not out if he ends safely on base) and dugout warning.

This series just felt like Texas was chasing every game.  They scrapped to get back in and even stole the first game, but they really had to gut it out.  Tonight was no different. Played from behind until some damn near paranormal shit ended it.  Stanford as a team should take a knee under the lights and thank their lucky bulbs.  

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Home field advantage is real. Lights be what they are. It’s an advantage if you play them regularly. Sucks. 

Lights are so shitty that even the entire home team thought they had a HR on a ball that hit midway up the wall.

Just now, dcar00 said:

I think the rule is you are given a warning on a live ball and if you do it again you are ejected but not called out.

my guess is that if you remove the helmet and it interferes with play you can be called out.

This. I said out on subsequent.  It’s actually an ejection. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

We've won 6 titles in the almost 80 year history of the College World Series.

Talking about winning titles is a lot easier than going out and doing it.

And we’ve played in 6 more title games. 

thats 12 attempts. However you try to belittle the significance of winning titles by trying to post a grand scheme of things is ridiculous. You think LSU is okay with just making it there?

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

This series just felt like Texas was chasing every game.  They scrapped to get back in and even stole the first game, but they really had to gut it out.  Tonight was no different. Played from behind until some damn near paranormal shit ended it.  Stanford as a team should take a knee under the lights and thank their lucky bulbs.  

The NCAA should force them to change the lights to host or require day games only.  It's bullshit they have a little league field.

• Hook 'Em 2

Every level counts, post season, regional titles, super regional titles, CWS appearance, CWS final and winning it all. 

I want to rake in as many of all of those as we can. Sucks to lose but we checked two boxes again this year. Let’s get more next year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

So if a batter loses his helmet while running the bases he’s out?

No, but if the player purposely removes his helmet running the bases, I think he can be called out, not must.

Gary Matthews Sr, when he played for the Braves and Phillies in the 70s and 80s would throw his helmet off after hitting the ball.  MLB later created a safety rule prohibiting this, but obviously players do it during walkoffs and they’re not called out. 

The NCAA has a similar rule, but umps, rightly, have discretion.

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

No, but if the player purposely removes his helmet running the bases, I think he can be called out, not must.

Gary Matthews Sr, when he played for the Braves and Phillies in the 70s and 80s would throw his helmet off after hitting the ball.  MLB later created a safety rule prohibiting this, but obviously players do it during walkoffs and they’re not called out. 

Yea anyone crying about that is a bitch. Who gives a fuck and god damnit catch a pop out 

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

thats 12 attempts. However you try to belittle the significance of winning titles by trying to post a grand scheme of things is ridiculous. You think LSU is okay with just making it there?

You just said winning titles is all that matters and now you are talking about championship appearances?

And LSU is okay with just making it there because they dogpiled as a damn national seed after winning a home super regional. That tells me where that program thinks they stand.

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Will you go back to the recruiting board. Geez man 

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Great season = make the CWS

very good season = make super regional

good = make postseason 

failure = miss postseason 

it’s not very hard to understand 

Unacceptable= Make CWS, lose to A&M

Unfortunately the above is where a lot of people fell last year. Fair or not.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

matthews was doing it when the ball was live.  when players take it off during a walkoff the ball is dead.  I think it is still warning and then ejection on live ball even in MLB but not positive.

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

I just browsed TikTok to unwind and a few vids in, it’s the ESPN highlight of the last play. It has already gone viral with 50K views fml

Meh, I’m fine with it because I know that when 3 players can’t find the ball then it’s freak way to lose. Still shitty tho. Now if DC or Kennedy were to pull a Stanford like game one then I would not open social media for a long time.