How many DDD restaurants have you eaten in

closetohumping

I’ve eaten at Hodad’s and a Thai restaurant near by in Ocean Beach that he featured.  Both were excellent.

Most of the Austin restaurants with Counter Cafe being one of our old standbys pre-Covid at original location.

I should be flogged as I’ve never been to Nic’s Grill in OKC despite literally dozens of friends recommending it to me over the years.  Road trip in near future…

Been to several...

Pastabilities in Syracuse...their hot tomato oil and stretch bread was great.  The Wicked chicken riggies were as well.

Pizzalchick in Boise...not bad.

Chef Point Cafe in Watauga...REALLY tasty...in a gas station.

Taste of Europe in Arlington...not bad, nothing special though.

I'd like to try more of them...

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Also wanted to add that The Best Thing I Ever Ate is another solid list that I check when I’m on the road.

That one along with DDD and Food Destinations, Food Paradise, Unique Eats are/were heavy in the rotation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Underdog said:

That one along with DDD and Food Destinations, Food Paradise, Unique Eats are/were heavy in the rotation. 

TBTIEA trends hard toward large cities, which works for me.  Guy fills in the gaps.  I’ve been disappointed by some Guy places, but overall he’s fine.  BTIEA has a better batting average.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve eaten at Hodad’s and a Thai restaurant near by in Ocean Beach that he featured.  Both were excellent.
Most of the Austin restaurants with Counter Cafe being one of our old standbys pre-Covid at original location.
I should be flogged as I’ve never been to Nic’s Grill in OKC despite literally dozens of friends recommending it to me over the years.  Road trip in near future…

If you’re in Oklahoma you should also head to Okarche and eat at Eischen’s. Get a fried chicken, some fried okra, a frito pie, and cold beer. That’s basically all they got.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

If you’re in Oklahoma you should also head to Okarche and eat at Eischen’s. Get a fried chicken, some fried okra, a frito pie, and cold beer. That’s basically all they got.

Haven’t made it there either.  I should be flogged twice.

My parents and their friends used to road trip to Eischen’s a couple of times a year.  I need to accelerate my Okie trips after thirty great years in Texas.

Haven’t made it there either.  I should be flogged twice.
My parents and their friends used to road trip to Eischen’s a couple of times a year.  I need to accelerate my Okie trips after thirty great years in Texas.

Eischen’s is a unique deal as it’s basically a beer joint that has taken over a city block and adjoining buildings just connected together. Kind of a low rent Babe’s.

I think if someone knocked it off in a town like Mexia, Groesbeck, or Dublin you could make a fortune.

The other unique Oklahoma restaurant is Meers Store and Restaurant. Tiny town and the owner raises all natural beef across the Highway. Has a one pound burger, great cfs, and killer peach cobbler. It’s not a ddd place.
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 9:47 AM, GreenspointTexas said:

People actually use DDD as a legit marker of an awesome spot?

Hey look we're not all rolling in a murse's salary so we have to be conscientious of every dollar we spend.  Can't afford to go to a crappy place and most of the DDD places are inexpensive.

16 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Not exactly a high bar. 

Username.

On 7/28/2023 at 11:54 AM, conVINCEd said:

Also wanted to add that The Best Thing I Ever Ate is another solid list that I check when I’m on the road.

Yes, though, that seems to focus more on the person than the restaurant, idk.   That Alex G lady said the best burger she's had was at Jackalope. 

10 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yes, though, that seems to focus more on the person than the restaurant, idk.   That Alex G lady said the best burger she's had was at Jackalope. 

She annoys the hell out of me.  She appears to be able to cook, but she has the personality of lint.

• Haha 1