Why is the Right so Afraid of the Left?

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Worse than that.  He said he likes the progressive agenda, and claims to love all the progressive NY state and city policies that someone like Ocasio-Cortez wants to bring to the nation at large even while saying he doesn't want to fund welfare for others, and then specifically had a problem with transgender people wanting to exist, illegal immigrants, and janitors.

I wish it was chickenshit, but it all brings it back to my first post on this thread.  White people are terrified of becoming the minority in this country.  

What’s “worse than that”? I think that Christians have the right to worship, celebrate their religion and witness as commanded by the Bible and will fight anyone that says otherwise, despite being a staunch atheist. The Constitution grants them this right. I have a problem funding their portion of the tax bill or being forced to monetarily support their decision though. That infringes on my Constitutional right to go to Hell.

I celebrate gay marriage and wish them the best of luck in their commitment. I do not want a separate set of rights for gay people though. This defeats the separate but equal mantra. But, as with the abortion argument, there are exceptions to this rule. Women have every right that I do except when it comes to deciding on whether or not to terminate an unwanted pregnancy. (Yes, even women of color!) Why don’t we have it established that men can waive their parental rights/financial obligations if women insist on bringing the pregnancy to term? Discrimination laws don’t cost anything. I’m all for them...except for the selective enforcement people use to impose their agenda. Abuse of any power is wrong.

When people such as yourself stop seeing things in black and white, in both a literal and figurative sense, perhaps the country can have an honest discussion. Mexicans are brown. Mexico is the main culprit for illegal immigration. Those ideals can be mutually exclusive from each other and not contribute to the cause and effect. Shouting “Racist!” does nothing to solve the issue, especially when it’s patently false.

Edited by Spankytoes
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

You brought up the janitor/CFO comparison.  You then compared the janitor to a guy who steals money or to charity.  I'm not "letting" Joe do anything.  I'm not doing Joe a favor nor am I doing anything charitable for Joe.  I need my bathrooms cleaned.  I need my trash emptied.  I need my floors vacuumed.  I hire and pay Joe to do that.  I didn't even know Joe at first.  I interviewed a bunch of potential janitors because I needed a fucking janitor.   No Americans even answered my help wanted ad. Early on, maybe I did that work myself to save money, but now I work 80 hours a week, and when I'm client facing, I bring in $1000 an hour for my company.  So when I'm cleaning my own bathroom, I am losing money.  

In fact, the same logic goes into every early hire at a young company, including CFO. 

True though that I don't know what you do for work. Ignore that part, and my apologies for the assumption.

So, if I understand you correctly, ignorance of the law is in fact an excuse? If I am selling my house, and no one is considering buying it, I can’t just stop paying my mortgage because I don’t want to live there anymore and claim moral outrage. Actually, I can do that and there are consequences for doing so. Just like hiring an illegal to clean your toilets has consequences if you are caught breaking the law. There are hundreds of thousands of homeless Americans looking for work, especially in big cities. I’m certain other options are in fact available despite not having access to LinkedIn. If you can’t find one, then rinse off the rubber gloves or learn to live with a dirty bathroom. If you feel the laws are bad, work to change them through our established process. Or, move to a country that better conforms to your expectations. There are plenty.

Why is funding the care of illegals a good thing for us when we have so many Americans in need? When it comes down to it, my children are going to eat before I feed my neighbor’s. If compassion and humanitarian causes are your goal, there are private charities setup for that. Volunteer, donate...whatever you want. Public funds shouldn’t be earmarked simply because 250 years ago the law was different and you can cherry pick that one but not legally owning slaves, which also existed, and counters your argument of enlightenment. Especially not at the expense of taking care of myself, who pays into the system as a legal citizen or my wife, who immigrated legally. There is a daisy chain effect for every illegal person that affects my bottom line. The free market dictates the salary for these kind of jobs. Insert buying the cow when the milk is free analogy here. When the price of gas goes up at the pump, you have to pay it if you want to drive. 

And law is the answer you are looking for re: my employment.

Edited by Spankytoes

3 hours ago, RandomIdoit said:

A Texas ID now requires you to be a citizen or show evidence of lawful presence. So it would prove that I am not here illegally. And, meh. 

The tites on your avatar are evidence of lawful presence. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

And the left has no incentive to really help blacks and browns.  They need to keep them down so they can harvest votes.  

You've just described your Republican Party. 

IDGAF about not being in the majority race.

What are the people who are crutching along going to do when they lose their excuse?  Therein lies your fear...

12 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

So, if I understand you correctly, ignorance of the law is in fact an excuse? If I am selling my house, and no one is considering buying it, I can’t just stop paying my mortgage because I don’t want to live there anymore and claim moral outrage. Actually, I can do that and there are consequences for doing so. Just like hiring an illegal to clean your toilets has consequences if you are caught breaking the law. There are hundreds of thousands of homeless Americans looking for work, especially in big cities. I’m certain other options are in fact available despite not having access to LinkedIn. If you can’t find one, then rinse off the rubber gloves or learn to live with a dirty bathroom. If you feel the laws are bad, work to change them through our established process. Or, move to a country that better conforms to your expectations. There are plenty.

Why is funding the care of illegals a good thing for us when we have so many Americans in need? When it comes down to it, my children are going to eat before I feed my neighbor’s. If compassion and humanitarian causes are your goal, there are private charities setup for that. Volunteer, donate...whatever you want. Public funds shouldn’t be earmarked simply because 250 years ago the law was different and you can cherry pick that one but not legally owning slaves, which also existed, and counters your argument of enlightenment. Especially not at the expense of taking care of myself, who pays into the system as a legal citizen or my wife, who immigrated legally. There is a daisy chain effect for every illegal person that affects my bottom line. The free market dictates the salary for these kind of jobs. Insert buying the cow when the milk is free analogy here. When the price of gas goes up at the pump, you have to pay it if you want to drive. 

And law is the answer you are looking for re: my employment.

Again, who is funding care for illegals? They are paid for work just like you. I guess I could go get a homeless guy, pay to put him through substance abuse treatment, and 3 months later, have a clean shitter only when he stays on the wagon.

But instead, I'm making the economic choice of hiring someone as a janitor who has the resolve to actually look for work where its posted. 

NYC has the best shelter and work placement system in the US, but shelters do not accept people on alcohol or drugs. They also dont do immigration status checks. 

9 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You better get used to progressive policies.

Social policy will never equal my beliefs.  I get that.

Makes not a fuck what public policy is to me any more until it impacts my own liberty.

I do get a kick out of the leftist mentality of , "One day you're going to suffer like us."  

Here's a clue:  I don't get my beliefs of what is right and wrong from the fucking gov't.  That is just a very low baseline of expectations.  I do wish we would properly enforce the laws we have set forth as those social baselines.  

That would hurt people's feelings though, so we do not.   Fuck the people who do the right thing.  Thunderdome, gotdammit.

Just now, slorch said:

Social policy will never equal my beliefs.  I get that.

Makes not a fuck what public policy is to me any more until it impacts my own liberty.

I do get a kick out of the leftist mentality of , "One day you're going to suffer like us."  

Here's a clue:  I don't get my beliefs of what is right and wrong from the fucking gov't.  That is just a very low baseline of expectations.  I do wish we would properly enforce the laws we have set forth as those social baselines.  

That would hurt people's feelings though, so we do not.   Fuck the people who do the right thing.  Thunderdome, gotdammit.

You benefit from government largesse just like everyone else. 

You should appreciate it. It means your country is grown up and not backward.

11 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

You have to admit, the tears are delicious. 

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Y'all's are very tasty.

No, no, no, no, no.

Y'all have to get past the "team" bullshit.  Seriously.

Neither's tears are tasty.  

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I don’t believe that one bit.  The entire fed government could shrink to what it was 100 years ago and I’d be much better off.  And so would most people.  Except for federal workers and the taker class.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Again, who is funding care for illegals? They are paid for work just like you. I guess I could go get a homeless guy, pay to put him through substance abuse treatment, and 3 months later, have a clean shitter only when he stays on the wagon.

But instead, I'm making the economic choice of hiring someone as a janitor who has the resolve to actually look for work where its posted. 

NYC has the best shelter and work placement system in the US, but shelters do not accept people on alcohol or drugs. They also dont do immigration status checks. 

JFC man, let’s not play this game. It’s estimated that there are currently 12.5 million illegal immigrants in this country today. If 25% of them need to go to the county hospital annually, because they obviously don’t have privatized insurance, that wittles it down to 3.13 million people. For shits and giggles, let’s place the average ER care at $100.00, which hopefully we can agree is utter bullshit and a mere fraction of the actual cost. That alone rings up a bill of $312,130,000.  I’d argue that the number of visitors is higher and the actual cost is closer to $2,000 per ER visit that has to get paid from somewhere. Doctors don’t work for free, hospitals have to pay the light bill and medical supplies/medication aren’t charitable gifts. That’s conservatively $6 billion in healthcare costs alone passed on to the taxpayer.

Then add in items such as uninsured motorists, government subsidiaries, fuel rationing, food stamps and sending illegally gained funds to a foreign country instead of our economy for starters. I’m glad your janitor is able, willing and cheap. You’re a POS for hiring him to line your own pockets.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don’t believe that one bit.  The entire fed government could shrink to what it was 100 years ago and I’d be much better off.  And so would most people.  Except for federal workers and the taker class.  

You are a taker. You don't produce a thing.

1 hour ago, slorch said:

says the guy who has stated numerous times that he likes Trump because he believes he "makes the left angry"

fuck off

7 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

says the guy who has stated numerous times that he likes Trump because he believes he "makes the left angry"

fuck off

boo-hoo motherfucker.   LOlz.

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Government produces nothing, unless you count bureaucracy,  inefficiency, and corruption.

Drink up, brother.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You'd be lost without the state.

Sure...

I have not a clue how to survive without the state... LOL.

You sure do assume a hellova  lot.

Worship that fucking govamint, boy...

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

so we can all agree that you're a hypocrite.  good enough.

enjoying the left's tantrums doesn't make me a hypocrite.

it's not my job to make y'all happy.  Enjoying the idiotic reactions and hysteria is well...humorous.

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, slorch said:

enjoying the left's tantrums doesn't make me a hypocrite.

it's not my job to make y'all happy.  Enjoying the idiotic reactions and hysteria is well...humorous.

We like your tantrums too. And the idiotic reactions and hysteria that go with them.

They're really funny.

23 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’m serious, what is it they think will happen if the left takes over and passes a progressive agenda?  

How will that hurt the conservative voters personally?

Why are the republican voters so scared?!?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha holy shit.

Take note, everyone, this is how you concern troll.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

We like your tantrums too. And the idiotic reactions and hysteria that go with them.

They're really funny.

Everybody funny...

thanks for killing this thread.

Dialogue attempted.  You fucking drain the life out of any conversation.

Sorry I'm not afraid.  Slightly concerned?  Of course.   Definitely not afraid.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

JFC man, let’s not play this game. It’s estimated that there are currently 12.5 million illegal immigrants in this country today. If 25% of them need to go to the county hospital annually, because they obviously don’t have privatized insurance, that wittles it down to 3.13 million people. For shits and giggles, let’s place the average ER care at $100.00, which hopefully we can agree is utter bullshit and a mere fraction of the actual cost. That alone rings up a bill of $312,130,000.  I’d argue that the number of visitors is higher and the actual cost is closer to $2,000 per ER visit that has to get paid from somewhere. Doctors don’t work for free, hospitals have to pay the light bill and medical supplies/medication aren’t charitable gifts. That’s conservatively $6 billion in healthcare costs alone passed on to the taxpayer.

Then add in items such as uninsured motorists, government subsidiaries, fuel rationing, food stamps and sending illegally gained funds to a foreign country instead of our economy for starters. I’m glad your janitor is able, willing and cheap. You’re a POS for hiring him to line your own pockets.

Paid for by the 55%.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Probably. You're still a taker.

You do nothing but take and don’t pay. So of course you think the payers like me should pay more. Doesn’t cost you anything.  Real brave stand.  

Maybe get out there with your white privileged upbringing and make some money so you can actually support society. It isn’t that hard to make a bunch of cash. If you have a white and privileged upbringing like we’ve had.  

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

You do nothing but take and don’t pay. So of course you think the payers like me should pay more. Doesn’t cost you anything.  Real brave stand.  

Maybe get out there with your white privileged upbringing and make some money so you can actually support society. It isn’t that hard to make a bunch of cash. If you have a white and privileged upbringing like we’ve had.  

Sounds to me like you're getting burned.

Just now, David Dennison said:

You'll get out of grandpa's shadow some day.

Nah. The odds of me doing what he did are tiny. But I’ve gone my own way in a different industry and made enough to take care of me, my wife and my kids for life.  Whatever I inherit down the road is a bonus. Probably will benefit my grandkids.